Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me (28380 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu To Reach Lagos – Nobody Can Stop Me From Coming To Lagos, Detain Me / Clinton Lost Because She Wanted To Edit The Holy Bible – Doyin Okupe / I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me, Okupe Tells EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Xeedorf: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday confirmed a fresh grilling of Dr. Doyin Okupe, who was a former Senior Special Assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

Okupe was questioned over alleged N162million illicit payments to him and his companies by a former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), and Chanchaga Local Government in Niger State.

But the former presidential spokesman pleaded with the EFCC not to detain him because he has a heart problem.

Although the anti-graft agency admitted Okupe to bail on compassionate ground, he was mandated to be reporting at intervals.

According to a top source, Okupe had been reporting to the anti-graft agency after he was initially interrogated on June 22, 2016.

The source said: “He has been coming to the EFCC over fresh allegations bordering on illicit payments received from the Office of the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki, as well as strange payments to his companies by a council in Niger State.

“He was quizzed over N50million which he collected in cash from the former NSA without record or accountability.

“We also got evidence that a company that is owned by him, Romic Soil Fix International Limited, received N63million from Chanchaga Local Government of Niger State and another N13.5m from the same council, for reasons that are not stated.

“Another company that is linked to Okupe, Abraham Telecoms Limited, allegedly received N35.5million from the NSA through the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

“The payments from the Chanchaga Local Government to Romic were made on November 21, 2014 during the PDP primary election and February 13, 2015, just before the general election.

“He has not been able to explain the receipts and has been asked to be reporting at intervals.

“The reason he is not detained is because he claimed to have a heart condition and presented a medical report to back the claim”.

But Dasuki had last week said he was ready for trial in connection with the $2.1billion arms deals.

He insisted that he disbursed all the funds credited to the ONSA based on the directive of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

He said: “Based on the service rules in the security circle, I owe it a duty to obey the President and Commander-in-Chief. Ex-President Jonathan approved all the expenses incurred by the ONSA.

“I am ready to prove in court how we complied with the directive of the ex-President.”

Source
http://www.dailycorrespondents.com/2016/07/ive-heart-problem-please-dont-detain-okupe-tells-efcc/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by HungerBAD: 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
I talk am.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by gen2briz(m): 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
Don't worry, there's doctor there.
Moreso you can follow these safety precautions.

1. Endeavor to answer any questions been ask truthfully.

2. Don't attempt to lie

3. Avoid breathing to fast

With all this, I believe God will protect you throughout your stay.

175 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by nerodenero: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
Doyin Okupe never had heart problem when he received monies meant for arms procurement.
But the former presidential spokesman pleaded with the EFCC not to detain him because he has a heart problem.
Una dey sick after una chop our collective yam abi!!! APC thieves make una no worry, power go soon change hand. All polithiefcians will not escape judgment. As una dey use una EFCC a.k.a Attack-dog dey catch thieves, dem go use same attack-dog for una when Bubu return to im cows for Daura.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Firefire(m): 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
Return the money and have your peace.

When is the turn of Gulak?

35 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by nerodenero: 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
gen2briz:
Don't worry, there's doctor there.
Moreso you can follow these safety precautions.

1. Endeavor to answer any questions be ask truthfully l.

2. Don't attempt to lie

Wicked!!! grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by omenka(m): 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
In summary, Okuigbe simply said I am ready to rat. cheesy

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by vedaxcool(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
DDoyin be like I got heart problem
EFCC be like ain't nobody got time for that

5 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by omenka(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
gen2briz:
Don't worry, there's doctor there. Moreso you can follow these safety precautions.
1. Endeavor to answer any questions be ask truthfully l.
2. Don't attempt to lie
Lmao!! gringrin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by seunmsg(m): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
Okupe the bastardo didn't have heart problem when he was collecting millions from the ONSA illegally. Now that it's time to pay for his sins, he's claiming heart problem. If he's tried and found guilty, will he tell the judge not to send him to prison because of his heart problem?

EFCC should please do their job accordingly abeg, ordinary Nigerians who committed lesser crimes and with worse health conditions have been detained and heaven did not fall. No yam eater should be given any special treatment.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Qmerit(m): 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hehehe who would eat this kind of red yam from his oga and say his master is not like "Jesus". Okupe once said so!
President Jonathan is like Jesus Christ.--- Okupe

10 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by modath(f): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Gawd!! cheesy cheesy, what will we not hear? Heart problem? He should lose some kgs first, the "7mth pregnancy" gut he is carrying around is major metabolic dilemma for his poor frame.

Even if he doesn't have heart problem, the look on Bubu's face is enough to scare the bejesus out of him. cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by chigoizie7(m): 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
When u were busy stealing money meant for other Nigerians and development of basic infrastructures, depriving thousands of Nigerians with lesser ailments from basic health care, u didn't know u were wicked to us, now it is your turn, u are crying fowl.

BIA, EFCC, if this man is proven guilty, please, make una carry am come my side,(onitsha prisons) make those boys use am do toilet paper.

19 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by naijacampu(m): 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
Arrest him already! Brown roof coward. angry

5 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by phemmyutd(m): 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
Efcc giving Nigeria's looters Sickness since 2015

8 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by EWAagoyin(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
He will be given adequate care in kuje he shouldn't be worried about that.

1 Like

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 17, 2016
Not too worry Dr okupe, we have highly qualified and experienced Doctors at kirikiri Maximum.

Im still waiting for the day the maun source of all these leakage will be 'raptured'. GEJ, the Santa claus of our time.

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere

12 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 17, 2016
grin oloribu olee

2 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by mommaade(f): 5:41am On Jul 17, 2016
Lobatan! grin
Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by deeoneX(m): 8:26am On Jul 17, 2016
The fear of EFCC....

1 Like

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:26am On Jul 17, 2016
oga Okupe...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by yjgm(m): 8:27am On Jul 17, 2016
EFCC the heart ache of looters. Do they know how many they have sent to their early grave because of their looting?. Karma is a b**ch.

Even from a small local council as Chanchaga? Na wa!!!. Heads will roll. The chairman his subordinates and those at the top echelon of Niger state government have some explanations to make.

Having nearly milked the Federal treasury dry, the yam eaters had to enter the local council's barn. There is God. This is a no-brainer.

9 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 17, 2016
grin ......... and we also have hearing problem...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Flyingngel(m): 8:27am On Jul 17, 2016
I
Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Victorakats(m): 8:28am On Jul 17, 2016
My concern with this corruption fight is that it seems as though it's gulping the chunk of the budget allocation for the year and crippling down the economy.
Personally I'm not against corruption fight against anyone who's found wanting, however it's no longer news worthy to tell the world those arrested, those detaind and those yet to be tried when hunger is wiping so many people away, when insecurity and violence becomes normal practice and millions of employed citizens are back to their village.
Fight against corruption but please revive the economy... That's the heart cry of millions Nigerians today.
Let the pains of these ordinary people touch the heart of leaders. Many are tired of this arrested, detained, tried, and bailed story.
Thank you for reading!

5 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by bigtt76(f): 8:28am On Jul 17, 2016
When he was busy ranting and insulting PMB back then he never know. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by santity100: 8:28am On Jul 17, 2016
But you were rolling on the ground begging one man few months ago.

Thought that would give you immunity

4 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by kolnel: 8:29am On Jul 17, 2016
It's very heartbreaking reading all this news coupled with the fact that most naija are really suffering
A lot of money really went under

12 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by princeakins(m): 8:29am On Jul 17, 2016
They all suddenly started developin one ailment afta d other grin

SUrrender our stolen yaM alrdy n walk away

5 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Tonylyte(m): 8:30am On Jul 17, 2016
i see some progressthieves masturbatting on this thread. Masturbbatting over impunity and tyranny.
I see helpless benue citizens in hands of their fulani lords.
I see the massacre of deffenseless christians in the hands of the islamic fundamentalist.
I see woes in the economic system of the nation.
I see naira falling like rainfall against dollar.
I see hunger and starvation in the land.
I see inflation.
All the things i listed above are nothing to talk about by the supposed "progressives". What they do best is jump over threads that wount "change" situation of nigerians for good.
We have heard series of noises on corrupt persons, about monies been recovered from them, yet none of them have successfully been tried and convicted, the FG keeps borrowing money to fund projects after so much noise about loots been recovered.
Who is fooling who? I will never be blind-folded or deceive by their false corruption fight, i will always ask the pertinent questions.
I refuse to be a zombieee!

2 Likes

Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Kxngstein(m): 8:30am On Jul 17, 2016
lehim goan seek help from kanu's heart foundation Shey it's still operational:-D
Re: Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me by Femich18(m): 8:31am On Jul 17, 2016
All these people be thieves... Sharing the people's money as if its their personal savings. Its even more surprising that some groups of people will still be supporting them shouting "witch hunt"... I hope we get it right in this country.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This How Popular Sule Lamido Is In Jigawa? (Photos) / Avoid The Jonathan Error, Sanusi To Buhari / Politicians Conjure Power With Vulture Eggs To Win Votes; Egg Costs N1m - N2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.