Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

My Advice To OAU Students: Occupy Abuja. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Advice To OAU Students: Occupy Abuja. (511 Views)

Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) / Two OAU Students Die In Less Than 24 Hours (Photos) / Female OAU Students Climb Mast To Celebrate Their Graduation(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Advice To OAU Students: Occupy Abuja. by emmasege: 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
Another week has ended with no response or intervention from the FG concerning OAU crisis. This calls to question the competence of the Honourable minister of education as well as the visitor (PMB) in handling a crisis that shouldn't have lingered for this long.

My candid advice to OAU Students is to take the bull by the horn by waking up the sleeping stakeholders to do the needful concerning OAU crisis. Your SUG may have been banned but you can organize yourselves in a way to make the world hear your plight. If care is not taken, OAU may not re-open in August, except urgent actions are taken.

Why should it take the government this long(more than 2 weeks) to announce an immediate replacement for the dissolved governing council?

The council should be immediately re-constituted and given the mandate to appoint a VC in an acting capacity, pending the time a substantive VC is appointed.

Prof. Salami should be made to bury his personal ambition in the mean time in the overall interest of the university community because those workers seem not ready to shift ground. He can always re-apply when substantive VC is to be appointed, if he's so sure of himself.

Students in and around Ife should seek the intervention of the Ooni to help mediate in the crisis and use his good office to talk to sleeping minister and visitor to the university, while a good number take the grievance to the NASS, NUC & Federal Ministry of Education.

It pains my heart to watch my niece stay at home for four months, with no end in sight to her long holiday. She's bored and tired of staying at home and I'm even tired of keeping her idle under my roof, while her mates are making progress with their studies in other universities.

If you guys are truly Great Ife students like you always claim, now is the time to show it in your action. Not by needless claim of superiority on nairaland and social media. I can't imagine UI or UNILAG enjoying this sort of neglect from the FG, since the face off started.

I appeal to moderators that this thread be moved to the front page so that it could be given the deserved urgent attention.

CC: Lasticlacla.
Re: My Advice To OAU Students: Occupy Abuja. by AgbenuAnna(f): 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nigeria universities. and strike
Re: My Advice To OAU Students: Occupy Abuja. by Mologi(m): 11:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
ALUTA CONTINUA...

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Releases May/june 2016 Results; Records Over 50% Pass / Which Is Profitable, Cozy And Interesting?_ Civil Enginineering Or Architecture / Learn How To Make Slippers And Sandals In 6days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.