Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Oioupe Turkey Failed Military Coup Has Shown That The People Can Defeat The Army - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Oioupe Turkey Failed Military Coup Has Shown That The People Can Defeat The Army (591 Views)

Zimbabwe Crises Is Like A Military Coup - AU / 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oioupe Turkey Failed Military Coup Has Shown That The People Can Defeat The Army by meforyou1(m): 1:16am On Jul 17, 2016
I have been glued to my TV screen since last night when I heard the information that there was a military coup going on by midnight in Turkey.
I have been against the high-handedness of the Turkish president. Being an extreme opponent of military coups myself, I kept praying and wishing that the coup in Turkey should not succeed. I had been feeling sad for that country because of all the terrible things they had been going through recently - terrorist activities from all all angles, kurdish uprisings, Syria war and the the refugee crisis in their country. So much headache for one single country to bear.
And then this military coup.i prayed, it should not succeed.
Not that I like their president. I feel he is too hand-handed. Severally, he had banned social media in his Turkey -especially Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
But yesterday, when he was at the receiving end, it was through social media that a journalist could reach him. one apple app called FaceTime. And that conversation was broadcasted to the people of Turkey. And he urged the people to go out by that midnight and defend the democracy (a man that was not democratic). And within hours the people of Turkey heeded the call, and unharmed, trooped out.
And the rest is history.
The military coup was defeated.
And police arrested the army coup plotters.
And some unarmed civilians were also shown arresting the armed military.
Wish us all, all the best
Re: Oioupe Turkey Failed Military Coup Has Shown That The People Can Defeat The Army by Duru1(m): 1:22am On Jul 17, 2016
The people have little to do with the failure of the coup plotters.

1 Like

Re: Oioupe Turkey Failed Military Coup Has Shown That The People Can Defeat The Army by tit(f): 1:31am On Jul 17, 2016
Try am with Nigeria army!
Ask shiite people wetin their eye see,
and that one no be soldier wey don drink, smoke, vex dey carry coup.

1 Like

Re: Oioupe Turkey Failed Military Coup Has Shown That The People Can Defeat The Army by bewla(m): 3:02am On Jul 17, 2016
lesson 4 another day

(1) (Reply)

South Africa: ANC Faces Electoral Setback / Hillary Clinton Emails - What's It All About? / Hilary Clinton Just Conceded To Trump Through Phone-- Telegraph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.