Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,354 members, 7,846,529 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Ojukwu Betray Me - Okorie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Betray Me - Okorie (619 Views)

Gbenga Daniel Replies Soyinka: Your Comments Betray Your Repute / I Would Have Remained In PDP, If I Knew My Deputy Would Betray Me–gov. Amaechi / I Would Have Remained In PDP, If I Knew My Deputy Would Betray Me--gov. Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Betray Me - Okorie by bilymuse: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2009
[size=20pt]Ojukwu betray me - Okorie[/size]

Sunday, 13 September 2009 00:00
Basking in the euphoria of his recent restoration as the National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) by the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) after a five-year legal tussle, Chief Chekwas Okorie, in this interview conducted before the convention of the party recently, he told EMMA-ENYINNAYA APPOLOS that rebuilding APGA is the only challenge before him now. Excerpts:

What is your regret in this struggle?

No regret at all. I said this because, no doubt, I felt a terrible sense of betrayal by Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu, whom I served like a slave, when nobody compelled me to do so, because I believed him to be the symbol of the Igbo struggle, and I was warned. I used APGA platform to rehabilitate Ojukwu politically. Everybody is a witness to this rehabilitation, but this man, without any warning, without telling me where I erred, aligned with his kinsmen against me and he led the struggle for APGA destruction. But why I will not regret getting him involved is that he did me a great favour which he did not intend to do. He made me get closer to my God. And ever since I got closer to my God, my closeness to God has been improving on daily basis, so I can’t regret a struggle that gave me great joy at the end of the day of being a happy child of God and the experience I have acquired in the last five years of this struggle. I have not acquired them before. I have understood human beings for who they are. I will not be careless to trust people anymore, but that is not good enough, and I am trying to change that opinion.

What gives you joy when you remember the struggle?

The struggle brought me closer to God. That is my greatest joy. And God has shown me His hand and with that hand, I have defeated more than a Goliath; I have defeated an entire army of brigands and rebels. Now I can identify a traitor from a distance; I can perceive the pungent ardor of a deceiver and my sensibilities are sharpened, and my closeness to God is responsible. I can now perceive things before they happen, and those around me do not take my views lightly because they know that what view I express always tend to happen like that and some times they wonder and ask if I am a prophet and I say to them: ‘no, I am not a prophet but you can achieve what you want to achieve when discipline your body and mind for Christ and get closer to God.’

http://www.compassnews.net/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28101:ojukwu-betrayed-me-okorie&catid=36:poilitics&Itemid=58
Re: Ojukwu Betray Me - Okorie by bilymuse: 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2009
Take heart, you re not the only one, the bald headed coward betray a whole generation

the beautiful one are not yet born, the ugly refuse to die
Re: Ojukwu Betray Me - Okorie by Nchara: 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2009
Bilymuse, the internet is really helpful, otherwise people like you will literally run into the bush at the sight of the enigmatic Ojukwu.
Re: Ojukwu Betray Me - Okorie by sjeezy8: 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2009
bilymuse:

[size=20pt]Ojukwu betray me - Okorie[/size]

Sunday, 13 September 2009 00:00
Basking in the euphoria of his recent restoration as the National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) by the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) after a five-year legal tussle, Chief Chekwas Okorie, in this interview conducted before the convention of the party recently, he told EMMA-ENYINNAYA APPOLOS that rebuilding APGA is the only challenge before him now. Excerpts:

What is your regret in this struggle?

No regret at all. I said this because, no doubt, I felt a terrible sense of betrayal by Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu, whom I served like a slave, when nobody compelled me to do so,[size=14pt] because I believed him to be the symbol of the Igbo struggle,[/size] and I was warned. I used APGA platform to rehabilitate Ojukwu politically. Everybody is a witness to this rehabilitation, but this man, without any warning, without telling me where I erred, aligned with his kinsmen against me and he led the struggle for APGA destruction. But why I will not regret getting him involved is that he did me a great favour which he did not intend to do. He made me get closer to my God. And ever since I got closer to my God, my closeness to God has been improving on daily basis, so I can’t regret a struggle that gave me great joy at the end of the day of being a happy child of God and the experience I have acquired in the last five years of this struggle. I have not acquired them before. I have understood human beings for who they are. I will not be careless to trust people anymore, but that is not good enough, and I am trying to change that opinion.

What gives you joy when you remember the struggle?

The struggle brought me closer to God. That is my greatest joy. And God has shown me His hand and with that hand, I have defeated more than a Goliath; I have defeated an entire army of brigands and rebels. Now I can identify a traitor from a distance; I can perceive the pungent ardor of a deceiver and my sensibilities are sharpened, and my closeness to God is responsible. I can now perceive things before they happen, and those around me do not take my views lightly because they know that what view I express always tend to happen like that and some times they wonder and ask if I am a prophet and I say to them: ‘no, I am not a prophet but you can achieve what you want to achieve when discipline your body and mind for Christ and get closer to God.’

http://www.compassnews.net/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28101:ojukwu-betrayed-me-okorie&catid=36:poilitics&Itemid=58

LOL  shocked shocked shocked so thats the platform people should be campaigning on?

good maybe now people will actually get closer to god and stop this BS called my ethnicity before common humanity . Nigeria to start with
Re: Ojukwu Betray Me - Okorie by IGWEUSA(m): 11:22pm On Sep 13, 2009
Came in, saw Sleezy and ran out immediately shocked

(1) (Reply)

Is ASUU Mad? / Citizen Journalism (official Thread) / Au Body Halts Execution Of 20 Nigerians In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.