Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,463 members, 7,954,816 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:01 AM

Facebook - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Facebook (1245 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook by Simbobo(f): 2:10am On Sep 14, 2009
This is d only page i cant open on my system. I dont no what is wrong,it's always bringing out plain page when i log in. I noticed this since saturday.
Re: Facebook by BlackRevo: 6:52am On Sep 14, 2009
Try to use another browser to view the site or possibly clean the browser. so what browser are you using?
Re: Facebook by Simbobo(f): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2009
I have both internet explorer&mozilla. I've tried each 2 open it but couldnt.
Re: Facebook by BlackRevo: 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2009
You can use systems restore to restore your computer to a date before that saturday it started. click on start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore > ignore all the warnings and then choose a bold date before that Saturday and click on restore.

Before that you can download cc cleaner and use that to clean your system or possibly add this link to your internet explorer trusted pages. https://login.facebook.com

click on tools > internet options > security > trusted sites and add https://login.facebook.com to your trusted sites. Also check if that address is on the restricted sites.

On the other hand, are you sure it is not someone that blocked access to Facebook from the router admin page?
Re: Facebook by deji2009(m): 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2009
You can use systems restore to restore your computer to a date before that saturday it started. click on start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore > ignore all the warnings and then choose a bold date before that Saturday and click on restore.

Before that you can download cc cleaner and use that to clean your system or possibly add this link to your internet explorer trusted pages. https://login.facebook.com

click on tools > internet options > security > trusted sites and add https://login.facebook.com  to your trusted sites. Also check if that address is on the restricted sites.

On the other hand, are you sure it is not someone that blocked access to Facebook from the router admin page?

precisely!

Also can you please check your PC Date and clock is set right. do you have norton installed on this machine ?

If the above diagnostics didnt work then we going to reset your browser. take is IE 8 here's how to find out

Open your IE look for tools, internet option, advannce then click on reset this will erase your favorite/Bookmarks

If no joy then Open your IE help about internet explorer tell us if version 7 or 8 if is version 7 or older then consider updating at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

Good luck!
Re: Facebook by Simbobo(f): 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2009
@black Revo. I added it 2 my trusted pages & it worked. I dont understand d download cleaner u'r talking abt. Do u mean 'www.cc.com'?
Re: Facebook by BlackRevo: 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2009
First guud ur have access to facebook now and that's not what i meant i can paste the link here http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ .You use that to clean your system and remove unnecessary files that might take up space on your system or make it slow.

Click on the download this version now. have you checked the other thread about the softwares?
Re: Facebook by Simbobo(f): 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2009
Hp d 'cc' will not affect my antivirus? coz i'm havin problems wit it,i cant update it.
Re: Facebook by Simbobo(f): 10:43pm On Sep 14, 2009
@deji2009,I got d page now. I'was happy when i read norton in ur reply. I'm using norton360,i've bn trying 2 update it but couldnt. It's icon is always wit a danger sign @ d clockside of my system. Whenever i tried 2 update it,it will display "ur norton product has d latest protection updates" yet d cross danger sign is stil there. Hp my system is not @ risk?
Re: Facebook by BlackRevo: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2009
No it has nothing to do with your anti virus and about that norton showing a danger sign means there is something you need to fix. Open the norton and check what is needed to be fixed. When is your Norton expiring?

Seems u are online now?

check this thread as well https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-322664.0.html
Re: Facebook by Simbobo(f): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2009
Thanks alot. Concerning d norton360,i've tried 2 fix it several times but it's always saying i have d latest update. Also whenever i used it 2 scan my system,it doesnt detect anything. d highest risk it has ever detected is one. I'm somehow scared!
Re: Facebook by deji2009(m): 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
Hp d 'cc' will not affect my antivirus? coz i'm havin problems wit it,i cant update it.

some Cc cleaners has hidden virus software, which is not reveal at start of installation. which means you currently have norton,

installing Cc could make the situation worse. Having one or more anti virus software can cause system instabilt. Good Luck!
Re: Facebook by Simbobo(f): 11:50pm On Sep 14, 2009
@deji2009,I've gotten d Fb page now. I'was happy when i read norton in your reply. I'm using norton360,i've bn trying 2 update it but couldnt. It's icon is always wit a danger sign @ d clockside of my system. Whenever i tried 2 update it,it will display "your norton product has d latest protection updates" yet d cross danger sign is stil there. Hp my system is not @ risk? & What do u think i can do 2 fix it?
Re: Facebook by PCbusayo(f): 12:31am On Sep 15, 2009
@simbobo Is deji2009 My account has been disabled once again! so here's what you need to do to fix that problem.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090319152047EN&lg=en&seg=hho&ct=us&pvid=n360_3_premier&selected_nav=6

Good luck!
Re: Facebook by PCbusayo(f): 12:32am On Sep 15, 2009
Re: Facebook by Simbobo(f): 8:19pm On Sep 16, 2009
Busayo i'm very very happy now. Thanks 2 site like this & people like u. d 2nd link fixed d norton360 problem. Though it took time,d threat is gone. d red alert icon has changed 2 a beautiful green one. I'm relieve now,my PC is protected. THANKS.
Re: Facebook by deji2009(m): 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2009
Busayo i'm very very happy now. Thanks 2 site like this & people like u. d 2nd link fixed d norton360 problem. Though it took time,d threat is gone. d red alert icon has changed 2 a beautiful green one. I'm relieve now,my PC is protected. THANKS.

yeah, you"re welcome she still have a lots to learn however. lol anyway, glad is now working
Re: Facebook by oseh4ril: 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ black revo if i download that software is it d one that cleans the unnecessary file or i will have to choose the files myself
Re: Facebook by BlackRevo: 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2009
oseh4ril:

@ black revo if i download that software is it d one that cleans the unnecessary file or i will have to choose the files myself

it is going to clean the unnecessary files for you and you don't have to choose them.
Re: Facebook by BlackRevo: 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
@simbobo sorry for the delay i have been busy i will mail you tonight.
Re: Facebook by Simbobo(f): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2009
Thanks 4 ur responce. I'm still at it,d downloading is taking time. I'll get back 2 u once i'm tru or need ur attention.
Re: Facebook by BlackRevo: 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
Waoh the internet must be crawling sad the file is less than 5mb, but anyway i am still online here. If you need any help later let me know i will assist you or possibly add you to chat.
Re: Facebook by deji2009(m): 10:35pm On Sep 17, 2009

Thanks 4 your responce. I'm still at it,d downloading is taking time. I'll get back 2 u once i'm tru or need your attention.

what connection are you using sister ? cable, wireless or 3G connection. shouldnt take forever.

where is the progress bar 10% or 47% Good luck.
Re: Facebook by deji2009(m): 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
Waoh the internet must be crawling Sad the file is less than 5mb, but anyway i am still online here. If you need any help later let me know i will assist you or[b] possibly add you to chat[/b].

more grease to your elbow. how i wish more people can be like this our country will be great. is a fact
Re: Facebook by Simbobo(f): 3:08am On Sep 18, 2009
embarassed @deji2009. My battery was dead that was y i suddenly went offline. I used wireless connection in school but dial-up @ home. d dial-up connection is very slow! d progress bar is now 100%,download completed so it's not "taking forever".
Re: Facebook by BlackRevo: 5:24am On Sep 18, 2009
Simbobo:

embarassed @deji2009. My battery was dead that was y i suddenly went offline. I used wireless connection in school but dial-up @ home. d dial-up connection is very slow! d progress bar is now 100%,download completed so it's not "taking forever".

Okay right click it now and extract the files, You should have winrar on your computer. Follow the instructions and let me know what happened.

http://filehippo.com/download_winrar/
Re: Facebook by Babskaso(m): 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2009
@black_revo Have do d registration on facebook in my phone. So d problm i have is dat i cant login some say is bcous i us name 2 open acct dat i should us number 2 open it?
Re: Facebook by BlackRevo: 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2009
Babskaso:

@black_revo Have do d registration on facebook in my phone. So d problm i have is dat i cant login some say is bcous i us name 2 open acct dat i should us number 2 open it?

Nigeria is not among the countries that you can use your number i guess.

why not try this links on your phone m.facebook.com and www.facebook.com/login.php

you can also download opera mini to your phone and use that as well. Let me know if those don't work.
Re: Facebook by Simbobo(f): 9:54am On Sep 22, 2009
My antivirus-norton360 is at it again. This time around it's having an orange alert meaning it needs my attention 4 update. I tried 2 update it but couldnt get any +ve result. Som1 should pls help me on how 2 go abt it.

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Service In Nigeria / Digital Language Laboratory Software (installation) / Help Repair My Dell Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.