Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Review Of Blitzwolf® QC3.0 USB Car Charger - Best Performance For Money - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Review Of Blitzwolf® QC3.0 USB Car Charger - Best Performance For Money (1106 Views)

4G LTE Network Performance For Mobile Network Operators In Nigeria / Nokia 3, Premium Design And Performance For Everyone (photos And Specs) / ZUS Review: This is the First Ever SMART Car Charger Made For Your Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Review Of Blitzwolf® QC3.0 USB Car Charger - Best Performance For Money by optimised: 12:54am On Jul 18, 2016
BlitzWolf® is a manufacturer of delightful pieces of an accessories to compliment today's upwardly mobile and hitech lifestyle.
I have always been fascinated by Blitzwolf; they are a responsible Chinese tech company desirous to leave a mark in the fast evolving and extremely competitive telecoms\electronics industry. Blitzwolf has an impressive build up of quality gadgets and accesories.
You can find them here:
http:///xN3EqX

BlitzWolf® BW-C10 QC3.0 54W USB Car Charger
Quick Charge 3.0 - What is it?
The concept of quick charge (QC) has to to technology for speeding-up the rate of charging a device's battery such that in a considerable shorter time, the battery being charged would be considerably or fully charged. QC gradually becomes necessary in view of the fact that an increasingly number of gadgets' batteries are larger in capacity, thus it would require a considerable part of a full day half a day to charge them fully without a QC technology.
QC technology as developed by Qualcomm technologies evolved from QC1.0 to QC2.0 and presently now at QC3.0 with each successive generation being backward compatible with the previous. That means a QC3.0 charger can charge a QC2.0 and QC1.0 perfectly well.
I have previously related my experience with a blitzwolf QC2.0 Charger here: https://www.nairaland.com/3194435/review-blitzwolf-dual-usb-wall#47560777
that article narrates how a QC greatly shortens the time needed to charge a device.
It is worthwhile to note that it is the early stage of the charging process that experiences the quick charging. Qualcomm stated that the QC3.0 can charge 80% of a battery just 30 minutes.
My interest in QC technology has been fueled with the epileptic public power situation in Nigeria: whereby for days or weeks at a stretch, there could be no electric supply, it therefore becomes needful for one to have a means of recharging essential gadgets at the shortest possible time whenever electric power is supplied.
The major new feature with QC3.0 is INOV (Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage). While QC2.0 used voltage steps/stages of 5v, 9v and 12v to hasten the rate of charging, QC3.0 INOV communicates with the device to request any voltage between 3.2V and 20V at 200mV increments for every amount of current the charged device demands; thus allowing for a wider selection of voltages. This consequently reduces the energy losses and reduces the heat generated by battery that is being charged. Heat generally affects batteries lifespan.

Unboxing:-
BlitzWolf® BW-C10 QC3.0 54W USB Car Charger came with a mini carton containg:
A car charger
USB cable
User manual
The car charger is equipped with 4 USB ports as follows:
(1). 1 QC3.0 Port with the following output capabilities: 3.6-6.5V/3A, 6.5-9V/2A, 9-12V/1.5A. Here the maximum output charging power is 12V * 1.5A = 18W.
(2). 3 x Power3S USB ports, each with output capacity of 5V, allowing currents up to 2.4A (maximum). Accordingly, each of the 3 ports maximum output power is 5V * 2.4A = 12W. Then for the 3 ports: 12W * 3 = 36W.
The maximum output charging power of this charger is 18w + 36W = 54W. This indicates that the charger can charge 4 devices and supply power up to 54 watts at a time, an indication of a very powerful charger for phones, power banks, tablets, and even laptops/Notebooks with Type C charging enablement.
The aesthetics of the charger is impressive. It is built with high quality glossy premium plastic. When Plugged in to socket, the blue indicator light is subtly concealed inside one of the ports in order to prevent annoying illumination during use.
The USB Cable is quite an enigma. It is quick charge capable, and allows high currents up to 2.4A. It is compatible with both Qualcomm QC and MTK Pumpexpress technology. The USB end of the cable, is double sided, this means that either side of the plug can fit into a female USB port, thus helping prevent damage to either the USB plug or port. The mini USB end of the cable is made of quality metal. It fits into any phone charging port tightly. This is an evidence of a good design.

Performance:
This charger is indeed a high capacity device. It has an input power requirement of:-
Voltage: 12-24V
Current: 6.5A (Maximum)
Power:12V*6.5A=78W
I don't have any QC3.0 device at the moment to test the charger performance of this charger with behomoth specifications and capability. Rather, I have a QC2.0 Xiaomi 20000mAh power bank which takes approximately 7hours to fully refill when charged with QC charger. Convinced that drawing up to 78watts from a car battery for a duration of 7 hours could run down a car battery, and I would not be able to sit in a car for that long to observe the charger's performance, I decided to use an adapter to enable me convert household's grid electricity to power the car charger. To this end, my laptop adapter comes to the rescue.

Using Laptop Adapter to Power a Car Charger:
For this project, any laptop charger with sufficient output power to drive the car charger with 78w input is required. Luckily, my Dell laptop charger generates an output of 19.6V/4.62A which sums up to 90watts. This therefore can conveniently power the car charger at peak period. However, the structure of the tip of Dell laptop charger makes it difficult for any external wire to be connected to it. In order to easily attach wires from the laptop tip to the car charger without damaging the Dell laptop cable or port, I have to specifically order for suitable adaptor to serve as a bridge between the laptop adaptor and the car charger. It took about 3 weeks to receive the adapter converter connector (find supporting sample picture). Then, I fitted the adaptor converter to the laptop adaptor output tip, then soldered the positive and negative wires from the laptop adaptor converter to the corresponding terminals on the car charger. Accordingly, the laptop charger can now pass current to the car charger, thus enabling me use the car charger with household grid electric power.

Blitzwolf Car Charger Testing:
I connected the Blitzwolf car charger (now fitted with an adapter - supporting picture attached) to my Dell laptop charger. The Blitzwolf car charger indicator now lights up to prove that it is powered. Thereafter, I connected my Xiaomi 20000mAh power bank with QC2.0 input requirement to the QC3.0 port of the car charger. The remaining three non - QC3.0 ports were connected to a 9000mAh power bank, a Nokia 520 and Tecno phones of 1,400mAh batteries.
After some minutes, the car charger became warm as expected. My main focus was on verifying the quick charge performance of the QC3.0 port and the overall performance of the charger under maximum load.
The maximum power output of all the devices that I plugged was 31.5watts which is a far cry from the 54watts capacity of the car charger. Nevertheless, I was able to confirm that in 6:40 hours, the Xiaomi 20000mAh that was connected to the QC3.0 port was fully charged from 0% ~ 100%. This shows a slight impromenent over the 6:55 hours result that I obtained when I used a Blitzwolf QC2.0 charger to charge the same power bank (a marginal 20 minutes reduction in time). This therefore authenticates manufacturers claims that QC3.0 charger charges devices more efficiently than QC2.0 charger with a slight reduction charging duration.
Equally, the Power3S feature didn't dissapoint on the other 3 ports as each of the ports respectively charged connected devices at different rates simultaneously. When I tested the one of the Power3S port with my personal phone, it charged my Infinix Hot Note x551 with a 4,000mAh battery from 1% to 100% in 2:35 hours. This confirms that the Power3S intelligent charging featue is real and effective. The Power3S technology on the charger varies the charging current to match the current requirement of attached devices. This prevents overcharging and undercharging of batteries. This is the smart charging feature responsible for charging non Qualcomm QC compliant devices.

Verdict:
BlitzWolf® BW-C10 QC3.0 54W USB Car Charger lives up to expectation. The QC3.0 feature is real and the charger performance at maximum charging stage is satisfactory, as it does not drop in performance, although it understandably becomes sufficiently warm when in quick charge mode.

Suggestion for Future Improvement:
Since devices using MTK PumpExpress fast charge technology is equally widespread as Qualcomm's Quick Charge technology, more so, with the obvious reality that most users of phones with MTK fast charge feature usually have a big problem finding a replacement charger with satisfactory performance after the initial charger is lost or faulty; it becomes critical for phone accessories manufacturers to incorporate MTK fast charge feature in thier chargers such as this. Truly, there are many desperate buyers with cash at hand but unable to find a spare charger to buy.
Blitzwolf tends to have bias towards Qualcomm and Apple charging systems while overlooking Mediatek PumpExpress prominent market presence. According, Blitzwolf should blaze the trail by designing a charger that can provide optimum charge for Qualcomm Quick Charge, Apple and Mediatek Pumpexpress fast charge devices.

Acknowledgement: this is my honest and unbiased assesment and opinion from my evaluation copy from Blitzwolf.

Recommendation: this charger is a must - buy quality device for car owners. I have owned series of car chargers, but most didn't live up to expectation especially when I buy a new gadget, but with an intelligent charger such as this BlitzWolf® BW-C10 car charger, one is rest assured that any device plugged in would be appropriately charged and the good quality hardware assures that it will last many years while still retaining performance.

Purchase Link:
This charger could be purchased at a very considerate rate of $12.99 from banggood via this link - http:///242CH8U

I am available to answer questions on this charger, such as: how to order, charger performance, shipping and other cognate issues.

Re: Review Of Blitzwolf® QC3.0 USB Car Charger - Best Performance For Money by optimised: 12:56am On Jul 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Get Huge Free Data Bonus (2.25gb, 7.5gb) From Mtn / Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) Specifications Leaked / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.