Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car (929 Views)

I Can’t Complain Of The Mess I Inherited—buhari / 24 Vehicles: Arase Replies Idris / PDP Crisis: IGP Arase, Seals Party secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by Trending01: 7:09am On Jul 18, 2016
Ibrahim Idris, acting inspector-general of police (IGP), has alleged that Solomon Arase, his predecessor, went away with 24 police vehicles – including an armoured BMW 7 series, while he inherited an old car.

Speaking with reporters in Abuja on Sunday, Idris said the seven deputy inspectors-general of police (DIGs), who retired with Arase, also took away between seven and eight cars each.

Idris disclosed that he had assigned an investigative team to look into the records of police vehicles for the last three years.

“A week before I was announced IG, when you look through my office window, you could see so many cars. But the cars all disappeared when I came in,” he said.

MORE: http://theicon.ng/2016/07/18/acting-igp-arase-went-with-24-vehicles-but-i-inherited-an-old-car/
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by omaiyale: 7:11am On Jul 18, 2016
As your former boss the right thing to do is to call his attention instead of jumping to the media.
Or are you indirectly accusing him of being corrupt ?
Arase is one of the best police IG Nigeria ever had

4 Likes

Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by clintino700(m): 7:12am On Jul 18, 2016
U will still leave with 40 vehicles so no need of saying what u came in and meet...
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by felicitywe(m): 7:18am On Jul 18, 2016
Arase is a thief to v gone away wt 24 cars,where n hw does he wnt d new IG to get money for cars.Pls bring those cars back,Edo ppl shud wrk hard to buy cars.
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by rolchi(m): 7:20am On Jul 18, 2016
omaiyale:
As your former boss the right thing to do is to call his attention instead of jumping to the media.

Very correct my Oga. He is keying into the current media government.

2 Likes

Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by teemanbastos(m): 7:21am On Jul 18, 2016
felicitywe:
Arase is a thief to v gone away wt 24 cars,where n hw does he wnt d new IG to get money for cars.Pls bring those cars back,Edo ppl shud wrk hard to buy cars.
have you heard arase's side of the story?

1 Like

Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by bonechamberlain(m): 7:21am On Jul 18, 2016
Why all this antagonisms, tell the man to return them, instead of telling the media.
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by Mynd44: 7:22am On Jul 18, 2016
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by ChappyChase: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Why all this antagonisms, tell the man to return them, instead of telling the media.
And if the man pretend not to hear nkor?
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by Blastos(m): 7:26am On Jul 18, 2016
felicitywe:

child of hate

1 Like

Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by bonechamberlain(m): 7:28am On Jul 18, 2016
ChappyChase:

And if the man pretend not to hear nkor?
we have bodies who he should report to then they start their investigations. Cause now he is indirectly calling arase a corrupt man, let him involve Efcc and let them do their investigations and not this media slandering
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by OneManLegion(m): 7:29am On Jul 18, 2016
omaiyale:

Arase was a brilliant and forward-thinking police-man.

But this doesn't mean that if it is confirmed that he stole those cars, he shouldn't return them. Being an excellent policeman does not mean he has the right to steal.

We should stop defending thieves.

1 Like

Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by greatiyk4u(m): 7:30am On Jul 18, 2016
Nawa 4 Arase
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by ChappyChase: 7:31am On Jul 18, 2016
I am shocked to see some people typing [s]'he should have met him first before going to the media'[/s] shocked for God sake those cars are government properties and not thanks giving offering to Arase for a job weldon!!!!!! Egbon Arase return our motor!!!!
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2016
#BringBackOurCars

Hahaha. cheesy
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by Oliviaxx(f): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2016
Hian
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by hadeequeen: 7:38am On Jul 18, 2016
Nawao. So nobody to trust in this country again
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by Histrings08(m): 7:51am On Jul 18, 2016
Go nd collect them nd stop whining

1 Like

Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by nnachukz(m): 8:03am On Jul 18, 2016
Why is he telling us? No be police work to restore law and order if they know it has been breached? Why is everything about this government done on the pages of newspapers and nothing in action?
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by urbanmonk: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2016
This new IG will have problems soon because it is now obvious he is a hypocrite like Buhari. What is he doing with cars? I thought they said he was selected because he doesn't love material things.
Re: Acting IGP: Arase Went With 24 Vehicles But I Inherited An Old Car by Day169: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2016
Jonathan may have been right when he noted that stealing was the problem with his cabinet members. ..way, way beyond corruption!

(1) (Reply)

Militants Rebuff MEND, Give Buhari Three Weeks To Do THIS / PHOTOS: Gov. Oshiomhole And Obaseki Visit Otaru Of Igarra Kingdom / Real Situation Of Things In Nigeria Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.