Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS (13341 Views)

"We Are Not Corrupt!" - Nigerian Police To NBS / Northwest, Northeast Top Bribery Prevalence Rate In Nigeria- NBS / Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by virud: 10:29am On Jul 18, 2016
When you say breaking >>> one expects to see something that is truly breaking>>> Perhaps, a 360 degree reversal of the status quo >>> And not just an affirmation of the status quo>> There's absolutely nothing breaking about these figures!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Mylove55(f): 11:07am On Jul 18, 2016
eyeview:

u are not getting d point, nothing like tribal statistics, is only ipod that expect miracle in less than a year after arm robber depose u of all ur assets, where wil u start from, anything we are facing today is to be blame on d robbers, and d robbers are using d same money to sponsor d avengers to further rob u of what to fall back to, and u are blaming a man that want to help u recover what d robbers stole frm u, in d process to rescue,they wil be causualty
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=3233515&post=47656863
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by tuniski: 11:11am On Jul 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
Nigerians don't really understand how bad our situation is.... We would have ended up. Like Greece if care was not taken

I won't even waste my time trying to reply non economics inclined post

The present situation would take years to get out, this what happens when u refused to save when u are meant to
Lame! Savings is good and necessary but at no time nigeria had excess! Our problem has always been poor leadership and the current leadership is the poorest!

7 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by mrvitalis(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2016
tuniski:

Lame! Savings is good and necessary but at no time nigeria had excess! Our problem has always been poor leadership and the current leadership is the poorest!
Dollars should have been saved and not shared... Do u really understand the economics of foreign reserves?
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by eyeview: 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mylove55:
u are not getting d point, nothing like tribal statistics, is only ipod that expect miracle in less than a year after arm robber depose u of all ur assets, where wil u start from, anything we are facing today is to be blame on d robbers, and d robbers are using d same money to sponsor d avengers to further rob u of what to fall back to, and u are blaming a man that want to help u recover what d robbers stole frm u, in d process to rescue,they wil be causualty
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=3233515&post=47656863

Nobody is againts recovering what the robber stole.
Let's use your analogy again for instance.
If you are a family man and a robber comes,steals and runs away. Will you leave your wife and kids to hunger while you run wholly after the thief. As a family man with a responsiblity to generate food,you have to strike a balance with pursuing the thief and keeping your home from starving.
That's what nigerians and the international organisations are shouting about

5 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by LordVarys: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
lalasticlala How is this not on front page?
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Victorakats(m): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
This is where I need the APC loyalists to help me understand why their campaign promises doesn't translate to an improved economy, health and social infrastructure to the ordinary citizens of Nigeria.
This is where I need true APC fans to educate me with ideas and strategies that the government has implemented for a better living and economic growth.
Attacking one another never solves anything so I won't engage in that.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Staru1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
Jirate:

And the dummy is boasting that if election is done today, he would still win, might be he thinks Nigerians are synonymous with hardship. If only he knows how much anger we have for him, he would just vacate that office and run away. cool

Lolz, you are there

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by princeakins(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2016
ayzTIGER:
No matter what i will vote Buhari again......Omenka2016

SECONDED grin
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by WildChild00(m): 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
dealordea:

Bro this is not about saving! It is about leaving the economy to fight corruption! Leaving our economy on autopilot for 6 months and traveling up and down without direction! America didn't save during their recession time but Obama didn't leave economy to fight corruption! He has plans and he execute everything accordingly! Your dullardino is busy fighting corruption while the economy is going backward

grin grin grin Looking @ the man Buhari, ever since he left office in 1984/1985, he has never ran any company successfully, how den can he now run a complex and difficult country like Nigeria, countries like Ukrain easter Europe appointed Business man to run their economy.

5 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Where my zombies :? Kindly Holla back :
cc Dropshot, Passingshot, Omenka, etc etc etc coman drop your beautiful nonsense as usual.
Aisha rice at work.

4 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by moffat(m): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
sai bubu is still breaking record remaining 1 more record break NA CHAIN D CHANGE we dey now

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fedayeen02:
Where is the economic team?

Where are the gains of China visit

WHERE HAVE THE ZOMBIES GONE
Uncle Gbawe is in Osun state, while egift is sourcing for MB to come defend his baba cool

5 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Kobicove(m): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
This is just the beninning...PMB has sunk us! angry

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Mimisboygreat: 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
ayzTIGER:
No matter what i will vote Buhari again......Omenka2016
princeakins:

SECONDED grin
IF THEY COME MAKE UNA NO RUN O. LOL
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by pat077: 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by princeakins(m): 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mimisboygreat:
IF THEY COME MAKE UNA NO RUN O. LOL

Na wetin wan chase me undecided

1 Like

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by atirolu(m): 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
If u make the government businesses a northern affair that's what you get

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Mimisboygreat: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
princeakins:

Na wetin wan chase me undecided
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
Another feather to his cap. Buhari is flying bling and zombies are worshipping him

1 Like

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by tuniski: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

Dollars should have been saved and not shared... Do u really understand the economics of foreign reserves?
I guess u don't!

1 Like

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by tivta(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
Wait oh, are people still blaming gej? Didn't we vote for change or did we vote for blame games? This country is in serious poo with such minds
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
dealordea:

Bro this is not about saving! It is about leaving the economy to fight corruption! Leaving our economy on autopilot for 6 months and traveling up and down without direction! America didn't save during their recession time but Obama didn't leave economy to fight corruption! He has plans and he execute everything accordingly! Your dullardino is busy fighting corruption while the economy is going backward
More like fighting his enemies
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by passionate88: 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
Buharinomics........ . The dullard is working!
Chai baba
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Ravenna: 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
Faba:
Nigeria in serious trouble.
we need divine intervention
E no be small tin o! Daura cow is taking us to the grass gradually.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Ravenna: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
Jirate:

How much did Obj get from the military when he took over, your own Zombieism no be here, go for treatment, fast. cool
haba!
Today own too much o.
Too much eegbo is insane o!
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
Nigerians don't really understand how bad our situation is.... We would have ended up. Like Greece if care was not taken

I won't even waste my time trying to reply non economics inclined post

The present situation would take years to get out, this what happens when u refused to save when u are meant to
Shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by JAkpayen(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
LordVarys:
The consumer price index (CPI) measuring inflation in the Nigerian economy rose to its highest point since former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s days as the first citizen of Nigeria.

The inflation report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that inflation for the month of June spiked to its highest point since October 2005 — 11 years.

Inflation rose from 15.6 percent in May 2016 to 16.5 percent in June 2016, as energy and food prices weigh in heavy on inflation for the month.

Goldman Sachs, an American multinational banking and investment firm, forecasts that Nigeria’s inflation will not rise above 20 percent in 2016, before it takes retreats to lower levels.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-inflation-hits-highest-point-since-obasanjos-presidency#.V4yFJnp7xUA.twitter
The major reason for rise in inflation rate is that CPI rose by 4 index points to an all-time high of 202 index point against 174 YoY. This means that despite the economic hardship, Nigerians are still spending more on goods and services but getting less value. Something does not add up here, if unemployment rate keeps increasing where do Nigerians get the money to spend. With this it is certain CBN Monetary Policy Committee Meeting next week will decide on raising the interest rate next week.
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by happney65: 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
And my Odeeee and zoombistic friend omolola15 is supporting this stupid govt..The same thing that happened in 1983/84..Lest i forget,Oil sold around $30 per barrel in Buhari's First Time as Military President..While OBJ meet it at $16 per barrel..Why did the same thing that happened then,still happened now?He's Military tenure was also when we experienced Oil Boom..If you dont believe,Google is ur friend,cos you dey open ur dirty mouth that day they talk say Oil never got to $16 Per barrel..Sha call Lie mohammed to send you Money for Data.... grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) / Insecurity: Senate Summons Defence Minister, Service Chiefs, Others / Supreme Court Upholds Deregistration Of 74 Political Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.