Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,655 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

How To Know If Your Baby Has A Tongue And/or Lip Tie - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Know If Your Baby Has A Tongue And/or Lip Tie (699 Views)

Throat Cancer & MouthAction: Why Men Should Use Fingers & Not Tongue - Dr. Mensah / Tongue Of A Woman Bitten By A Poisonous Spider (Graphic Photos) / Pls Help My Lower Lip Is Turning Pink (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If Your Baby Has A Tongue And/or Lip Tie by Bencadillac: 10:35am On Jul 18, 2016
http:///2a1afkw

So, here is what I recommend if you are going to check for a tongue tie on your baby. Place a clean finger with a short nail pad side up in your baby's mouth. Put the tip of your finger under one side of the tongue in the deep pocket. Sweep your finger underneath the tongue and land in the deep pocket at the other side of the tongue. As you sweep, you should feel little to no interruption. You may feel a small "speed bump" where a frenulum is, but your shouldn't hit a wall, or a piano string while sweeping.
If you think your baby has a tongue and/or lip tie AND you are struggling with breastfeeding visit a Lactation Consultant and learn about your options.
What you can do about TOTs:
Nipple shield
A nipple shield can help protect mom's nipple from an upper lip tie since it creates a physical barrier. You can more easily manipulate your baby's mouth around the nipple shield than you can the bare breast. Once baby is latched, try really getting in there and peeling his top lip out. Chances are, however, that it will be virtually impossible for you to ever get rid of the nipple shield without revising the lip tie since the issue lies in the baby's mouth. Nipple shields are a great way to hang in and keep nursing while you consider other options.
The "Lip Flip Latch"
If you aren't using a nipple shield, any attempt to peel out your baby's top lip once he is latched may be pointless. ..............

VISIT THE ABOVE LINK TO READ MORE

(1) (Reply)

18 Signs That You Are Probably Overweight. / Eleaf Istick Pico Mega TC100W Starter Kit Initial Impressions / I Want To Renew My Eye Lense Glasses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.