Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG (1318 Views)

Buhari's Appointments: Death Toll Rises To Eight / Money From The North Used In Developing Western, Eastern Regions- Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by ganisucks(f): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2016
Femi Adesina, the Special
Adviser on Media and
Publicity to President
Muhammadu Buhari, has
explained why many people
believe that the President is
biased in his political
appointments.
Adesina, who admitted that
Buhari’s appointments were
more favourable to some
regions, said other regions
would not be left out as
there were still many
appointment to be made.
Speaking on a Channels
Television programme on
Sunday, the Presidential aide
said “there are some
(appointments) that are not
necessarily subject to
federal character.”
“When it is the turn of a
person to hold a certain
office and you say because
he is from a certain region
you then bypass him for
another person, you have
been unfair to that person
and also to the system,” he
said.
“The security system often
times operates on hierarchy
and efficiency. So, if you
have a senior person who is
also efficient and because he
comes from a certain region,
you bypass him, I think you
are being unjust and unfair
to somebody”, he added.
He said the life of every
Nigerian was a priority to the
present administration and
that as such, the President
would not overlook any
ethnic group, religion or
individual in his appointment.
“It amazes me when people
say they have not heard on
this and that. What they
expect is that the President
will come out personally to
talk on those things, which I
don’t think is the thing to do.
“Why does the president
have aides? Why does he
have ministers? Why do we
have officials in
government? When they
have spoken on those
issues, I think we should
consider that government
has spoken on them.
“Yes, the President may
have not adopted the style
of other leaders, but the life
of every Nigerian is precious
to him”,
he said.
http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/18/buharis-appointments-not-subject-federal-character-adesina/
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by ganisucks(f): 10:41am On Jul 18, 2016
Thank you, for your first ever honest confession.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by donmaxman: 10:53am On Jul 18, 2016
Adeshina, Please tell your pay master that he is simply a bigot and demented upstairs. Is he trying to convince Nigerians that in the whole hierarchy of the security force and civil service there are no southerners at the top.This bigot's nepotism will kill this country and destroy what is left of this fragile economy. Since they have started implementing this Northern apartheid regime what has been the achievement of this stupid regime. Every indices indicate Nigeria is going down and this demented man is just defending the stupid appointments of this regime. I thank God so much for giving me the foresight to see all this things on time last year and migrate out of Nigeria to Australia. The More i live outside Nigeria, the more i am convinced that Nigeria is heading to that annals of history. How about conducting interviews and choosing the best man for the job and setting benchmarks for crying out loud. The few steps the country made during the past few years is been completely reversed by this myopic and clannish regime,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by dunkem21(m): 10:58am On Jul 18, 2016
The appointments are OK with us cool..

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by ElCount: 11:04am On Jul 18, 2016
Oh! So northerners are the only ones in line to take over, this must be the coincidence of the century.
This guy should just shut up!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2016
k
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by limeta(f): 11:10am On Jul 18, 2016
dunkem21:
The appointments are OK with us cool..

who be us
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by dunkem21(m): 11:15am On Jul 18, 2016
limeta:

who be us

5%ers cool
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by chemicalDisease: 11:16am On Jul 18, 2016
But
Zombies say otherwise.
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by dunkem21(m): 11:25am On Jul 18, 2016
chemicalDisease:
But
Zombies say otherwise.

Zombies will soon call him IPAD grin
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by BossKratos: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2016
Somebody is having issues with their current image!
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by limeta(f): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
dunkem21:

5%ers cool

cool still
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2016
In as much as im not too cool with the
processes of the appointment, i cant
argue further about the rationale
behind the appointment especially as
it concerns security. All i can say is that
Buhari is our man, he is our saviour, he is God sent 'renovating guru' to
Nigeria.

I once again swing all my
might,power, effort and support
behind this administration.

Thank you mr President for not been a
'cucus' and a ' jinctum' like the pomo
cutters and Father Christmas , inventor
of Dasukigate syndrome.

Once again, on behalf of myself, My
family and the good people of
Nairaland.... We say ' Thank You'

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by dmz1: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
donmaxman how may I send you a text or mail to discuss some thing important
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by LesbianBoy(m): 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
ElCount:
Oh! So northerners are the only ones in line to take over, this must be the coincidence of the century.
This guy should just shut up!

This kain coincidence na wa! grin grin These people think nigerians are stoopid. I don't blame them sha, na zombies wey vote dem in cause all these nonsense!

Meanwhile......

Edo people hope y'all can see? Just last year APC were begging for our votes, promising the "world". Now they have entered, see how they are insulting our sensibility. If you vote APC in the coming elections in Edo state you are on your own! Their "change" na SCAM! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by major466(m): 10:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
Femi seems to lost memory of some of PMB's appointments. Was it not a retired army colonel from north that was appointed as head of customs instead of the high ranking custom officer from south west Is that following heirarchy
Re: Buhari's Appointments Are More Favourable To Some Regions: FG by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
I still believe there's lopsidedness in the appointment. Nigeria can boast of 3 major ethnic groups which are Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.
There should be oneness(Unity and Harmony) in any political appointment or election.
Now that the President is from the tribe of Hausa/Fulani, Vice President from the tribe of Yoruba, honestly, the Senate President should come from the Igbo people. The Igbo still manage to get Deputy Senate President and Nigerians are still complaining. This should not be.
We need to be one to move Nigeria forward and we should stop being greedy and tribalistic.
I rest my case!!!

(1) (Reply)

See How Nigerians Disgraced Garba Shehu 4 Saying Buhari Treats Nigerians Equally / One Thing We Can’t Take Away From Buhari’s Govt Is Honesty – Lai Mohammed / The Solution To Nigeria's Inflation By Henry Boyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.