Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,248 members, 7,849,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

Immigration - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration (709 Views)

Lady Appeals To Canada To Reduce Skilled Immigration Approval For Nigerians / Nigeria Immigration Receives 50,000 Passport Booklets, Task Force Sent To Lagos / Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Immigration by lawani: 11:15am On Jul 18, 2016
Why is immigration an issue? It should not be an issue at all because in the past, it was not an issue but land and territory control were issues. In the past, immigration was encouraged. For instance in the 19th century when Offa was deserted and the Olofa was staying in Osogbo, the people of Ilorin were sending emissaries to urge him to return home with his people because Offa is adjacent to Ilorin and if the people are there, life would be fun and more interesting. We, the Yoruba carry a Neanderthal component in our DNA which must have been gotten from the Egyptians from whom we got the Kemitic Egyptian language we now speak. Those Egyptians got the genes from proto Celts, Greeks and Germans who lived in Kemitic Egypt with them thousands of years ago before a huge population of them relocated to West Africa some thousands of years ago. The Tuareg and Mandinke are genetically closely related to the Yoruba or Ife people with whom they share no land border. The Yoruba have never been nomads, so the link points to a time when the Tuareg were sedentary and when the Mandinke and the Ife people were one. The Ijaw speak a language similar to Dogon in structure which in turn is similar to the Basque language in Europe pointing to a common past. All three languages are isolates in their areas. So, in the past, migration used to be rife but with all groups holding on to their territories while seeking to add more if their neighbours are not up to the task of nation building. Adding territory to your existing territory is the only thing that can no longer be acceptable in the modern world but the competition for people can restart if the United Nation member nations agree to put measures in place to ignite it.

Let us look at a scenario where the United Nations join hands together for an integrated electrical power project for the globe which will reduce the cost of electrical power by 80 percent the month it becomes operational all over the globe and continue driving the cost South thereafter. I have already described in past notes how this can be done with solar PV arrays, microwave plants and power broadcast stations using the DARPA built 16 bit phased array antennae system to broadcast power. People will give up some lands here and there for the PV arrays all over the globe and within some years a 60,000 GW PV capacity for the globe can be reached which will solve the power problem globally.

With power for homes, industries and even automobiles thus provided by a UN global joint venture, there will be more or less nothing left to struggle over and immigration can be easily solved.

SOLVING IMMIGRATION.

A simple United Nations treaty agreed to by all can solve immigration problems once and for all. All UN member nations can agree that all national governments on Earth must restrict their income to income tax especially, then corporate tax, land use tax and other sundry taxes. The use of money from natural resources as government revenue should be banned globally. If a nation has oil money income, that Earth nation should be bound by a United Nations treaty to share the money out to the citizens bank accounts. Income tax may be put at a minimum of 30 percent of personal income in all nations with a global ban on the informal economy.

Such a move will change the world, as the only source of government revenue will be workers, small businesses and corporations and a struggle by nations to attract workers to their cultural or national sphere will commence at once across the globe. With electrical power for factories, homes and industries at mediocre costs, all nations including the China and India said to be overpopulated will do all in their power to keep their people, even swell their population by attracting tax paying workers from other places. It must be noted that China and India produce more than enough food, more than enough clothes even now. Their not being industrialized is because of no other thing than because they are not exerting themselves enough like Japan. Japan has much less natural resources percapita than either China or India. Japan has too import coal from Australia, yet Japan sits on top of the industrialization index.

So, with such a move and with God's help, immigration will immediately seize being an issue across the globe.
Re: Immigration by ColtonAngel: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2020
This particular forum about immigration was interesting and informative to read. I got to know a lot from here, I want to move to canada so the content here is very helpful for that. I for sure was able to find the content I was looking for.

1 Like

Re: Immigration by lawani: 9:33am On Jun 22, 2020
ColtonAngel:
This particular forum about immigration was interesting and informative to read. I got to know a lot from here, I want to move to canada so the content here is very helpful for that. I for sure was able to find the content I was looking for.
once the UN requires that governments depend on taxes for revenue, you will be able to move to Canada or wherever without any hassles.

(1) (Reply)

US Made Over $10 Million In Rejected Visa Applications From Nigeria / Us Plans Deportation Of Illegal And Undocumented Immigrants / Toyota Prado And Commercial Bus Collides At Ilubirin, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.