Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,682 members, 7,851,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

Hunger Is Ravaging The Idp Camps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunger Is Ravaging The Idp Camps (337 Views)

" Buhari Is Back" Kano Residents Named The New Fever Ravaging The State. / 270million Used To Clear Grass At The IDP Camp By Lawal: Reps Probes Allegations / FG Shuts IDP Camps In Yobe, Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hunger Is Ravaging The Idp Camps by frankijege(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Last week or thereabouts, I read a piece on a whatsapp group by Professor Khalifa Dikwa, about the ravaging hunger in the IDP camps of Borno. I planned to do a follow up, but for some reason, I haven't.

Yesterday night, I got a distress call. I had finished my activities for the day, and had just retired to bed. The caller was viciously angry about the situation in the IDP camps. Hunger is killing our brothers and sisters in these camps.

Is it not a double tragedy to be pursued by militants/terrorist from your homes, then meet death in places created to provide shelter to reduce the stress of losing your own?

Children and women are worse hit by the hunger prevalent in IDP camps. To corroborate the caller's story, a similar story was shared in Nairaland.

I have no reason to doubt these stories, since they are from different sources.

What can we do to assist our brothers and sisters in these camps? Yes, I know times are hard, but things are harder for these people.
We need to be there for them. Let us think of how we can intervene urgently

My caller is willing to leave everything and relocate to Maiduguri to see how she can be of help. But her fear is, ' if I go there, no be the same hunger go finish me with them'?

The time to do something for these people is now. Forget about government, forget about the rich and mighty who do little or nothing for these people.

Let us do the little we can. Let us put food in the mouth of these people.
God bless you as you decide to help

(1) (Reply)

Search Out Killers Of Oyo Lawmaker And Get 5million Naira / NDA Denie Meeting Solomon Dalung / *saraki Keeps Promise As Senate Discusses Malnutrition In N/east,*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.