Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused (26842 Views)

Certificate Of Origin/identification Letter. Any Difference? / How Do I Get My Local Government Identification / LGA Identification Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
this jamb admission is just getting me confused,the university i applied for is asking for local government identification letter and i,m pissed off
i need clarification on what this means.thank you
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
Local govt of origin certificate....go to ur. Local govt council to. Get it
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
oluseyioba:
Local govt of origin certificate....go to ur. Local govt council to. Get it
will i have to travel to my state to get it
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fynestboi,Richiez,seun,seuncoded,Eduregard, olawalebabs, OurSchoolNews ,seanwilliam kindly help me push this
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by psucc(m): 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
It is otherwise known as CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by withmasterpiece(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
I have taken the pain to give a detailed explanation on the Five Urgent Documents You need To Get If Your Name Has Been Posted.Everything about the above documents,the cost,where and how you can get them especially the Local government ID.Just follow this link below:

withmasterpiece..co.id/2016/07/jambitesif-you-have-been-posted-here.html?m=0
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
A relative shud be able to help u
stephenmorris:

Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by deenvibe(m): 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
stephenmorris:

no, a relative close to the local govt secretariat can help, but there will need ur passport photography to attach to it
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by deenvibe(m): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
stephenmorris:

no, a relative close to the local govt secretariat can help, but there will need ur passport photography to attach to it and send it to u in ur state of residence.
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by Fynestboi: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
stephenmorris:

Where do you stay?

And which state are you from?
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fynestboi:

Where do you stay?
And which state are you from?
I'm from Delta but live in ogun state
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by OurSchoolNews: 1:48am On Jul 19, 2016
stephenmorris:
I'm from Delta but live in ogun state
Its just a letter issued in the LGA headquarter....travel down to your state, LGA of origin, go down to the HQ and request for a local govt ID...you will be given....they may request small fee sha.....
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by EduRegard: 3:24am On Jul 20, 2016
OurSchoolNews:

Its just a letter issued in the LGA headquarter....travel down to your state, LGA of origin, go down to the HQ and request for a local govt ID...you will be given....they may request small fee sha.....

1 Like

Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by JombohJC(m): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
I am confused about the request of local government identification number by my school.
In my state of residence,I have done my state of origin and my school said it is not the one they request for.
Please help me.
Where can I get the local government identification number?
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by profisraelight: 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
Please is it possible to get state of origin letter from maternal(mother's) state or local government
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by Johnnonye(m): 1:13am On Nov 01, 2018
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ATTESTATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT IDENTIFICATION IS IT THE SAME THING?
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by Sambejolly23: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2020
Please how can one write a formal letter indicating local government of origin and signed by the local government authority
Re: What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused by ShoaiybSysa(m): 8:23pm On Apr 07
For anyone still in doubt!

RESIDENCY CERTIFICATE,
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ATTESTATION,
LOCAL GOVERNMENT IDENTIFICATION,
CERTIFICATE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT,
CERTIFICATE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF ORIGIN,
CERTIFICATE OF CUSTOMARY RIGHT OF OCCUPANCY,
LETTER OF IDENTIFICATION,
CERTIFICATE OF IDENTIFICATION,
CERTIFICATE OF IDENTITY,
CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN,
IDENTIFICATION CERTIFICATE,
CERTIFICATE OF INDIGENE,
INDIGENE CERTIFICATE

IT IS ALL THE SAME THING?

And one of the most common use of that paper academically is to get your fees waived.

For example, when I was about to register for the IJMB program in last year at YUMSUK (North; Kano State) I realized the fee was high N50,000 for indigenous and N80,000 for others. So I used my own indigene certificate to get my fees reduced to N50,000; and just then, by the governor's order every indigenous person will only pay half the money required (which was N50,000). So I only paid about N25,000.
And guess what! Some other colleagues coming from other states paid N80,000 for the fees and still had to find accommodations themselves.
Also, there are some scholarships given by state universities Nigeria-wide which might only be available to individuals who are indigenous (I believe).

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Students Shine In World Schools Debating Championship In Indonesia. PICS / FG To Make Hostel Accommodation In Universities Compulsory / PDTF SCHOLARSHIP 2021 FOR Undergraduate/m.sc/phd Thread -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.