Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? (1207 Views)

10 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000 / N3million Naira, What Business Profitable Business Can It Float? / I Need Biz Ideas For Honda Car At My Disposal On Weekends... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by iHart(m): 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
It has been a good day today. I went to see a friend who just relocated his office to a new building. He owns the building. The building is one storey of about 50ft by 50ft. Its pretty big.
He is a consultant but setup a cyber cafe in his old office as a side business basically to keep his office "warm". But unfortunately the cyber cafe didn't thrive and subsequently died, mostly because the manager in charge was not innovative. However the failed business didn't bother him at all since it was not his major business. He even went ahead to sustain the salaries of the staff for more than a year even up till today.

So today I was with him in his new office to discuss business as usual. While working around the offices in the building I saw where they dumped all the computers that were meant for the cyber cafe. I turned to one of his staff and said; now you are in a more conducive environment you can start computer training school. The owner overhead me and said; these ones are not innovative at all!!! They can't think out what to do with these computers. He said he was not going to pay them any more if they can't generate money with the properties at their disposal.

So while we drove off to attend to a business, I told him about IT school, betting business, and other computer services (typing, photocopying, etc). He wasn't enthusiastic about them since he was not going to run the business. But he just wants those computers to be put to use.

Now I have an office in his building, I want to try out some things with what he has.
The properties there are;
10 computer sets in good working conditions.
4 printers
1 photocopying machine
1 big generator + a new generator for the building.
Other office machines like stapling machine, cutter, laminating machine, a TV set.

What can you suggest for me outside the things I have listed above? Note I still have my own business which is mostly time consuming whenever I secure a contract.
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by Ajewealth123(m): 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
Op use the photocopy machine with one computer for business centre that is photocopy ,printing and online services like registration.
Use the remaining 9 computers and 3 printer for betting, you will make ur money
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by iHart(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
Thank you @Ajewealth123, these suggestions have already been tabled. I am thinking of something different and unique. Thanks once again.

More ideas please.
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by ThundrCork(m): 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
Find out why the business failed first before you make any move. How is the demand for such service in that location? Is it a residence or a business environment?

Even if you have the most innovative idea, if people aren't buying, its useless.

Sell the computers and use proceeds to set up neat office space for rent since you would hardly be available to manage the business.

3 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by iHart(m): 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
Thank you @ThundrCork for your input. The business is sited in the heart of a state capital. Two universities are located at the outskirt of the city. Before the relocation, I usually tell the manager that if I was staying permanent in the office I will turn it to a very busy business centre. The problem is solely on the manager. The person lacks adequate skills to run the business. In many occasions they have referred customers to another business centre simply because they can't put on generator to make one or two photocopy. I told the manager that they are loosing their customers who could have brought in more customers by referral and as such increase their customer base. They will complain of fuel yet the boss pays for that. Why can't they just put it on, run the photocopy and off it immediately? Other business centres are doing like that.

Now the big challenge is that the new office is away from the major road unlike the old office that was in front of a MAJOR road and even in front of a busy bank. In this new office, you may not get customers freely unless you go out to canverse. So typing, photocopying and minor computer services may be hard to get now.

More ideas please
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by iHart(m): 11:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
The owner is not considering selling the computers
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by iHart(m): 7:54am On Jul 19, 2016
Hoping to get more ideas...
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by iHart(m): 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Any new idea?
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by lazeal: 9:30am On Mar 19, 2018
iHart:
The owner is not considering selling the computers
How busy is the environment where the office is sited?
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by iHart(m): 1:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
lazeal:
How busy is the environment where the office is sited?

yes, it is in a busy place. Umuahia, the capital city of Abia. Already they have a business centre in the office where they type documents, photocopy, scan, laminate, do graphics design and printing jobs. However they still have like 20 good computers lying fallow in the office. Unfortunately I am no longer disposed to use the computers as i am busy with other things within and outside the office. I can only make suggestions to them as how to utilize the computers.
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by lazeal: 2:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
iHart:

yes, it is in a busy place. Umuahia, the capital city of Abia. Already they have a business centre in the office where they type documents, photocopy, scan, laminate, do graphics design and printing jobs. However they still have like 20 good computers lying fallow in the office. Unfortunately I am no longer disposed to use the computers as i am busy with other things within and outside the office. I can only make suggestions to them as how to utilize the computers.
I think you should go the training route. You can even partner with some internet business persons to use the computer for training them if wifi is enabled or you can train with the previously listed options. Training is the best way I see it here.
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by iHart(m): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
lazeal:
I think you should go the training route. You can even partner with some internet business persons to use the computer for training them if wifi is enabled or you can train with the previously listed options. Training is the best way I see it here.

I have suggested training and much more but the owner feels if I am not going to avail myself to do it then everything should lie there. I feel he is finding it difficult to entrust them to outsiders.
Re: What Business Can I Start With These Properties At My Disposal? by lazeal: 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2018
iHart:

I have suggested training and much more but the owner feels if I am not going to avail myself to do it then everything should lie there. I feel he is finding it difficult to entrust them to outsiders.
Yeah, seems he has more confidence in you bro and that is a good thing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog / Nigerian Tomato Plant To Close, In Public Embarrassment For Buhari – Reuters / Konga Is Doing MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.