Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Sitting For Tahiya - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sitting For Tahiya (3454 Views)

Sitting With Opposite Sex Is Strictly Prohibited — Imam Yunus / Is It Proper To Observe Salat While Sitting? / Salam Guys, Retain 90% Of Whatever You Read Or Learn At First Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sitting For Tahiya by jakigaga(m): 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2009
I recently noticed that most people dont sit properly during tahiya they tend to squat is this a cultural thing or something please enlighten me.
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by mazaje(m): 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2009
This slave of allah don miss road ohh. . . go post this on the islamic section for moslems. . . .
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by Abuzola(m): 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2009
Squat is wrong, if he doesn't know then fine but if he knows. His prayer won't be acceptable
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by Abuzola(m): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2009
Mazaje you miss road too
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by mazaje(m): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2009
Abuzola:

Mazaje you miss road too

How?. . . .
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by sherrylo: 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
what is the proper way of sitting during tahiya?
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by Abuzola(m): 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
Right foot will be vertiical while left foot horizontal, you sit on the left foot. I can write a hadith to support my claim if you need it
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by mazaje(m): 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2009
Abuzola:

Right foot will be vertiical while left foot horizontal, you sit on the left foot. I can write a hadith to support my claim if you need it

Abuzola hope you are seriously praying in these wanning days of fasting. . .You guys believe in what you call the night of power(Laylat al-qadr). . .It is believed that what ever you guys pray for will be granted for you guys if you are lucky. . .I know you will be praying for the destruction of America, Israel, Atheism, Christianity and any thing that stands in the way of allah. . . grin grin. . . Pray ohhh pray hard don't sleep pray for the destruction of america and israel. . . Allah is most merciful. . . grin grin
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 14, 2009
Abuzola:

Squat is wrong, if he doesn't know then fine but if he knows. His prayer won't be acceptable

because he forgot to sit well? What if i have an injury and cant even sit?
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by bawomolo(m): 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2009
why should an omnipresent God be concerned by how you sit when you pray?
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by Abuzola(m): 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
Hmmm why do we need to pray since God is omnipresent. Bawo you sound like an atheist.

@mazaje, why should we be busy praying for destruction when Allah had already said that the Israelites will be exterminated and all other religion will be below islam, this is after the second coming of jesus.

@david- An injure or bow leg is exempted from sitting right
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by bawomolo(m): 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2009
Abuzola:

Hmmm  why do we need to pray since God is omnipresent. Bawo you sound like an atheist.

I'm one genius
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by Abuzola(m): 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
Clap for yourself
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by mazaje(m): 1:00am On Sep 15, 2009
Abuzola:

@mazaje, why should we be busy praying for destruction when Allah had already said that the Israelites will be exterminated and all other religion will be below islam, this is after the second coming of jesus.

Are you guys really serious? Guys are completely deluded I must say. . .What has jesus got to do with the arabian god of mohammed?. . You guys are pathetic. . .
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by olabowale(m): 1:50am On Sep 15, 2009
A person whose whose body will not allow him to do it will have the full rewards. For a 70 year old man who became muslim and cant sit properly as sugested in the tashahuud position will not loose a single atom of his reward, by Allah. People can pray because they cant even do the physical prostration, as long as their heart prostrates, there is no problem.
Re: Sitting For Tahiya by bawomolo(m): 2:20am On Sep 15, 2009
olabowale:

A person whose whose body will not allow him to do it will have the full rewards. For a 70 year old man who became muslim and cant sit properly as sugested in the tashahuud position will not loose a single atom of his reward, by Allah. People can pray because they cant even do the physical prostration, as long as their heart prostrates, there is no problem.

what's the point of the sitting position?

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Felt This Way? ;D / Sunanul Fitrah (innate Practices) / Thwarting Marriage By Evil Doers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.