Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Ore: A Town Without Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ore: A Town Without Road (5358 Views)

Amaechi & Wike Unite At A Town Hall Meeting In Rivers (Photos) / Ore: A Town Without Road / Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ore: A Town Without Road by NFFGG: 12:34am On Jul 19, 2016
Ore: A Town Without Road

Ore, is an ancient city in Ondo State. It is the capital city of Odigbo Local government in Ondo State. Ore is a lagos of its kind in Ondo State. It is indeed the commercial nerve centre of  Ondo State. The community is populated by people from different communities with different languages across the 36 states of Nigeria.

Despite being a commercial nerve centre, with booming business activities, the community has remained stagnated without developments; and without roads. When I say without roads, it is not as if there are no roads. But  I mean there are no motorable roads.

As I speak, no street in Ore is motorable apart from the road leading to the house of  Hon. Iroju Ayodeji, a former commissioner and a serving member of Ondo State House of Assembly who recently used his influence to tar the street leading to his private house. All other roads within the township are awfully deplorable. The situation is terrible. The condition is so bad to the extent that the road in OSHODI OKE, in the old Lagos State many years ago  are far better than the road in Ore township presently.

From history, previous government from all level,  both civilian and military, abandoned the town in the areas of basic amenities and developmental projects for reasons not yet ascertained. Why past local government chairmen in Odigbo local government remained indifference to this situation for many years, is not also  known as at the time of writing this little piece.

I still don't know the prime cause of this painful neglect which has left the town in horrible situation. But I hope and pray, that the incoming government in 2017 will see to the situation of this town by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

By Olumide Akinrinlola
Re: Ore: A Town Without Road by dprince01: 12:48am On Jul 19, 2016
Fashola have taken note Ondo ppl worry no more
Re: Ore: A Town Without Road by NFFGG: 12:51am On Jul 19, 2016
Which of the fashola. Are you referring to the confused minister?
Re: Ore: A Town Without Road by odave: 2:29am On Jul 19, 2016
@Op, I was in the town of recent, stayed at iroju street, your report abt the town is nothing but truth. mehn ppl are suffering in nigeria o. Ore is a very big town to located between benin and lagos axis, lots of commercial activities going on there, there's even NNPC depot there but their roads are the worst i'v seen so far, i mean all roads, all!. Power supply, zero, New sites, zero

I was forced to ask some indigenes why their road is so bad and the town looked abandoned by govt, they are too confused to give me a reasonable answer, talk about zombie, talk about suffering and smilling, all that littered are big signpost of politicians and their posters, no other sign of govt presence there. I had to be cleaning my shoe with my hankechief coz of mud splash and dirt every now and then whenever I take bike...yet they have a local govt, they have oba, they have governor, ha e get as e be o.
Re: Ore: A Town Without Road by mandax: 2:54am On Jul 19, 2016
But there's Lagos for every Yoruba to brag about wIth as far as development in the southwest from Nigeria is considered.

Go tell the average Yoruba that southwest is underdeveloped because of bottlenecks from one Nigeria, the Yoruba shall shall not understand what you mean.

But truth is that one Nigeria has caused arrested development in entire Yoruba land.
The southwest is blessed wIth bordering the Atlantic ocean, has the manpower and resources to have developed much farther than what is on ground today, but the bottlenecks from one Nigeria arrested the development of the entire south west.
Re: Ore: A Town Without Road by ephemm(m): 3:28am On Jul 19, 2016
One thing that baffles me in this country is that oil producing states, have the worst roads in the country.

What are the governors (present & past) really doing?

Hold ur state governors responsible first, before calling on FG.
Re: Ore: A Town Without Road by Yujin(m): 6:55am On Jul 19, 2016
The story of Ore is one that explains the typical myopic mindset of the present Nigerians. Before I go further, I'll want to correct the OP. Ore is not the headquarters of Odigbo LGA, the nearby Odigbo town is. Ore from my findings is a town entirely formed by visitors from all around and infact has no real indigenes. The land on which Ore stands was a owned by no one. I was reliably informed that the traditional stool present at Ore is not even up to twenty years. It was said that the indigenes of Odigbo wouldn't want any further development of Ore as they reason that only visitors enjoy such amenities. If you visit the nearby odigbo town, you shall see the good roads crisscrossing the town although with very little economic activities. One of the previous chairmen of the lga tried to relocate some trading activities away from Ore and succeeded in moving away the tomato and pepper transporters from the north to offload at Odigbo town. On careful observation, one can see that more attention is giving to odigbo with the building of recent ministerial offices there and the situation does not seem to change in the nearest future.
Re: Ore: A Town Without Road by ConqueredWest: 6:58am On Jul 19, 2016
Yujin:
The story of Ore is one that explains the typical myopic mindset of the present Nigerians. Before I go further, I'll want to correct the OP. Ore is not the headquarters of Odigbo LGA, the nearby Odigbo town is. Ore from my findings is a town entirely formed by visitors from all around and infact has no real indigenes. The land on which Ore stands was a owned by no one. I was reliably informed that the traditional stool present at Ore is not even up to twenty years. It was said that the indigenes of Odigbo wouldn't want any further development of Ore as they reason that only visitors enjoy such amenities. If you visit the nearby odigbo town, you shall see the good roads crisscrossing the town although with very little economic activities. One of the previous chairmen of the lga tried to relocate some trading activities away from Ore and succeeded in moving away the tomato and pepper transporters from the north to offload at Odigbo town. On careful observation, one can see that more attention is giving to odigbo with the building of recent ministerial offices there and the situation does not seem to change in the nearest future.

Long time

You don return or still dey there.
Re: Ore: A Town Without Road by Yujin(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Long time
You don return or still dey there.
I still dey there my man but we dey follow everything wey dey happen for naija.

(1) (Reply)

Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha / Video: Why ooni of ife wife left him, misrepresenting himself as a king / Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.