Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. (2378 Views)

MTN Reviews Its Pulse Tariff Plan / I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer / New MTN Pulse Tarrif Plan For This May 2016 @11k/sec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by cozy7(m): 2:00am On Jul 19, 2016
[b]After d long advertised MTN pulse, I finally migrated to it (by dialing *406#). 3nights ago, which was Sunday morning, by 12am, I subscribed for d night unlimited browsing for N25. This amount was deducted from my account and I got a confirming SMS, which also notified me of my ability to surf d internet till 4am. I had already checked my existing data which was 1063MB as at midnight, but behold at exactly 3.33am I got an SMS alert that my data bundle was remaining 745MB. I was shocked n called their customer care, only to be accused of not switching my phone off/on b4 browsing (which I did). This accusation was followed by unreasonable reasons y I was wrong n they (MTN) were right.

Just this (Tue) morning again, same thing happened, I subscribed 4d night plan, was charged 4it n got an SMS confirming it. I THEN SWITCHED OFF MY PHONE FROM 12AM TILL 12.30AM, when I put it bck on, checked my previously existing data (which was 501MB) n started surfing again. Only for an SMS to be sent that my data remains 81MB.
As I type, I feel cheated by MTN. I've called their customer care again, but they keep posting me, mostly saying that d app "they'll use to confirm is down". Plz Nairalanders beware, this act by MTN is really fraudulent. 07069592966.

Mod, plz help a bro move this up, so everyone could learn and be cautious. Thanks! [/b]

1 Like

Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by nnachukz(m): 2:06am On Jul 19, 2016
Sorry my brother. Awoof no good o, e dey pug belle. MTN na old thief, if you believe them for anything then be ready to lose
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by cozy7(m): 2:11am On Jul 19, 2016
nnachukz:
Sorry my brother. Awoof no good o, e dey pug belle. MTN na old thief, if you believe them for anything then be ready to lose
I don't really do all those stuff much, I've only done this night plan twice n been scammed on both cases by MTN. What's most annoying is d way they seem to turn it all on u when u call to complain. NCC should really do sth abt this fraudulent telecommunications!
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by nnachukz(m): 2:19am On Jul 19, 2016
cozy7:
I don't really do all those stuff much, I've only done this night plan twice n been scammed on both cases by MTN. What's most annoying is d way they seem to turn it all on u when u call to complain. NCC should really do sth abt this fraudulent telecommunications!
NCC doesn't fight for us, they fight for their Boss and their pockets. That is why this Telecom companies do what they like and get away from it. These days when you recharge your MTN SIM and start making calls, most times the person won't hear you and you won't hear the person due to poor network yet MTN will keep charging you even at a higher rate.
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by Prince202020(m): 2:44am On Jul 19, 2016
That data plan is not unlimited, it's capped at 500mb, maybe you finish using it and they Start deducting from your other data bundle.
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by cozy7(m): 2:46am On Jul 19, 2016
Prince202020:
That data plan is not unlimited, it's capped at 500mb, maybe you finish using it and they Start deducting from your other data bundle.
"capped".....REALLY
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by cozy7(m): 2:47am On Jul 19, 2016
Prince202020:
"capped".....REALLY??
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by Sugarcious(m): 3:12am On Jul 19, 2016
Na who be dis? Mtchewww!
I'av been rocking MTN night browsing for over a month now.
You did absolute rubbish.
Why did u switch off your phone and wait till 12:30?
This is how I do mine...
1.Loads airtime by 6pm
2.Wait till 12:05am then send NIGHT to 131.
3. Gbam! I don't even wait for confirmation and I start my downloads.

Next time try it when U have 0MB on your main data.
I have never had issues with it.
Meanwhile I just finished rocking Airtel 12am-6am 500MB for 25naira plan. Its working but it burns fast.

1 Like

Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by teekay213(m): 4:40am On Jul 19, 2016
Prince202020:
it's not capped.not up to 50mb b4 it stoped.mtn is the biggest scammer.

1 Like

Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by reeblaze(m): 5:22am On Jul 19, 2016
I've been enjoying Mtn Night plan...dude make sure yhu dnt have any data on yhur main sub
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by donhils: 7:42am On Jul 19, 2016
First, it's not unlimited, nobody ever advertised it was. 2nd, if you use a SIM with data on it, there are chances (high) that they'll eat into your data. So, it's best you use a SIM without subscribed data on it and have in mind it's capped at 500mb.
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by goldenceo1: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2016
sorry for ur lost Op.. I don't used my main mtn sim for dis stuffs. Get anoda mtn sim dedicated to dat mtn pulse alone. better still I only transfer money to that mtn pulse sim frm my main sim ones I need to sub n browse in d nite.
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by JideSM: 7:58am On Jul 19, 2016
Hello kindly PM an alternative number to reach you for assistance, the number you posted is not available at the moment
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by Horspiroll007(m): 8:28am On Jul 19, 2016
As much as I felt ur pain I won't leave without pointing out to the fact that u didn't do fair play wit the night plan... When u want to do night plan u r using an invincible data capped at 500MB. U jes want to create a confusion to the system as to what data it should charge from.... The system closed d feasible one... Next time don't have MB wen u wanna use any data that can't be checked
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by JideSM: 8:30am On Jul 19, 2016
cozy7:
[b]After d long advertised MTN pulse, I finally migrated to it (by dialing *406#). 3nights ago, which was Sunday morning, by 12am, I subscribed for d night unlimited browsing for N25. This amount was deducted from my account and I got a confirming SMS, which also notified me of my ability to surf d internet till 4am. I had already checked my existing data which was 1063MB as at midnight, but behold at exactly 3.33am I got an SMS alert that my data bundle was remaining 745MB. I was shocked n called their customer care, only to be accused of not switching my phone off/on b4 browsing (which I did). This accusation was followed by unreasonable reasons y I was wrong n they (MTN) were right.

Just this (Tue) morning again, same thing happened, I subscribed 4d night plan, was charged 4it n got an SMS confirming it. I THEN SWITCHED OFF MY PHONE FROM 12AM TILL 12.30AM, when I put it bck on, checked my previously existing data (which was 501MB) n started surfing again. Only for an SMS to be sent that my data remains 81MB.
As I type, I feel cheated by MTN. I've called their customer care again, but they keep posting me, mostly saying that d app "they'll use to confirm is down". Plz Nairalanders beware, this act by MTN is really fraudulent. 07069592966.

Mod, plz help a bro move this up, so everyone could learn and be cautious. Thanks! [/b]

Hi I currently run a Thread here called the MTN Customer care Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread, where issue like this could be resolved promptly, Kindly note that the issue is receiving attention.

Hello kindly PM an alternative number to reach you for assistance, the number you posted is not available at the moment
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by bobo65(m): 9:10am On Jul 19, 2016
Oga don't sub before 12am

12am is the beginning of a new day

It's a daily thing
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by freshkik(m): 9:47am On Jul 19, 2016
Wait till like 12.03 or later b4 subscribing and monitor your usage.
i have 2 mtn sims (1 free & the other with my normal sub)....
I subscribe with the free sim and browse & download with my PC, when it's finished, i subcribe with the 2nd sim (the 1 with data) and continue flexing with my lappy, but i monitor it & immediately it clocks 500mb, i remove very fast.
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by cozy7(m): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2016
JideSM:

Hi I currently run a Thread here called the MTN Customer care Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread, where issue like this could be resolved promptly, Kindly note that the issue is receiving attention.

The number is now available, u can reach me on it, I switched it off after what MTN did to me last night. U can try it now. Thanks!
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by chachanga: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2016
cozy7:

Their APP IS ALWAYS DOWN!

And they have NO REFUND POLICY!

Just look for alternative plans and networks.
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by cozy7(m): 10:42am On Jul 19, 2016
reeblaze:
I've been enjoying Mtn Night plan...dude make sure yhu dnt have any data on yhur main sub
Does it then mean u can't browse with other plans in d daytime? Since u can't subscribe so as to ensure u hv 0mb by night? That's totally unconvinced n fraudulent.
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by dayvid0bedz: 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
bobo65:
Oga don't sub before 12am

12am is the beginning of a new day

It's a daily thing

That is what they don't know.
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by reeblaze(m): 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
cozy7:
Does it then mean u can't browse with other plans in d daytime? Since u can't subscribe so as to ensure u hv 0mb by night? That's totally unconvinced n fraudulent.
Dat's Mtn fr yhu......I dnt subscribe to any other plan...when i knw i wanna sub in d night undecided
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by jheed: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
Lol sorry my guy
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by Lexusgs430: 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2016
Report them to falzthebadguy

1 Like

Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by maslong(m): 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
donhils:
First, it's not unlimited, nobody ever advertised it was. 2nd, if you use a SIM with data on it, there are chances (high) that they'll eat into your data. So, it's best you use a SIM without subscribed data on it and have in mind it's capped at 500mb.

please is the unused MB rollover ?
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by donhils: 6:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
maslong:

please is the unused MB rollover ?
No
Re: MTN Pulse Has Scammed Me, Plz Beware. by lovely17(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
First the DATA is 500mb it isnt unlimited and two it works only once per night and three you can't check the balance you have to use your data usage to calculate you must have gone against one of the aforementioned

(1) (Reply)

Black Friday Is 2 Days Away - Nov 25 | Cheapest Android Phone To Buy / Planning To Buy Gionee A1 Lite, Please Advise! / Infinix Hot3 Pro For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.