Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,866 members, 7,841,247 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

The Politics Of University Admission In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Politics Of University Admission In Nigeria (448 Views)

Pictures Of University Of Calabar (unical) / This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... / Female Student Of University Of Ghana Jumps To Her Death (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Politics Of University Admission In Nigeria by nurabela: 6:38am On Jul 19, 2016
Niyi Akinnaso

When I applied for admission to the university in the 1960s, I knew nobody. There was no godfather or godmother. Neither my parents nor my older siblings could assist me, because they were all stark illiterates. As the first person in the entire Akinnaso lineage to ever go to school, I was virtually on my own. Without any guidance whatsoever, I applied for direct entry admission to the University of Ibadan and the University of Ife, after passing the required General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) papers at the end of my first year of the Higher School Certificate class. I was admitted by both institutions, each one acting independently and without recourse to a superior authority. Ife, then, was a regional university, while Ibadan was federal. I chose to go to Ife to read English. The rest is history.

http://punchng.com/politics-university-admission-nigeria/
Re: The Politics Of University Admission In Nigeria by ashewoboy(m): 7:27am On Jul 19, 2016
Let me park my range rover here.

*Voom, voom......parked*

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Undergraduate/postgraduate Science Scholarships In University Of Queensland Aust / Pls I Need HELP!! / Nigerian Schools With Finding Of "X"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.