Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,588 members, 7,843,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Drake Spends $2 Million On A Pair Of Sneakers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Drake Spends $2 Million On A Pair Of Sneakers (830 Views)

Drake Spends $1 Million On Giveaways In Newly Released "God's Plan"video (VIDEO) / Frank Edoho Earned N156 Million On 'who Wants To Be A Millionaire' / Emir Of Sanusi Wears A Pair Of Louboutin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drake Spends $2 Million On A Pair Of Sneakers by Grammywinner: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2016
These celebrities would never stop amazing us with their flamboyant and extravagant lifestyle.

Drake, once just a sensitive rapper with a mini-fro, is now a full-on business. His most recent album, Views , cemented his status as a king of commercially viable rap, his brand OVO has legitimate cred in the streetwear scene, and his Air Jordan collaboration is one of the brand’s most coveted capsules. Buying a pair of OVO x Air Jordan 10s on eBay could run you $600, but the versions Drake just unveiled on Instagram are, sadly, a one-of-one custom. They’re also made of solid gold.

I did the math, and if he is in fact telling the truth about their weight, that means he would have had to drop about 590 million naira on these sneakers. (Based on current gold values.) That doesn’t begin to take into account how much Drake had to pay artist Matthew Senna to craft these Goldmember-ish Js. To be fair, though, these are unwearable and thus are more sculpture than sneaker. Thing is, being an A-list rapper means being the best at one-upmanship.
What better way to do that than to spend an amount of money that could buy a person a mansion on a single pair of kicks?

Source:
https://blarckbillboard./2016/07/19/drakes-spends-2-million-on-a-pair-of-sneakers/

See photo below:

Re: Drake Spends $2 Million On A Pair Of Sneakers by khennykhay(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2016
hmmm money is good, imagine buying a sculpture for $2M, if only he could gve me %10 of the tithe

hmm FTC afta years of trying
Re: Drake Spends $2 Million On A Pair Of Sneakers by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 9:50am On Jul 19, 2016
When I was younger I'll have said this was a total waste of money. I'm older now tho and I've learnt that self investment is the best investment. Love yourself.

But OP....you shouldn't have converted that shii to naira jor!!! N590,000,000! Worse yet they are not wearable. So what will he do with it? Build an altar and worship it?

Tshew. My bipolar is acting up. I maintain my 1st opinion. Love yourself.

1 Like

Re: Drake Spends $2 Million On A Pair Of Sneakers by Mologi(m): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2016
owl na n fi do something ooo x2

Drake chop the life of ur head dey go...
Re: Drake Spends $2 Million On A Pair Of Sneakers by Grammywinner: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
When I was younger I'll have said this was a total waste of money. I'm older now tho and I've learnt that self investment is the best investment. Love yourself.

But OP....you shouldn't have converted that shii to naira jor!!! N590,000,000! Worse yet they are not wearable. So what will he do with it? Build an altar and worship it?

Tshew. My bipolar is acting up. I maintain my 1st opinion. Love yourself.
lol
I didn't do the conversion oh! The writer of the blog http://blarckbillboard. from which I got the info did. Am sure he did it for the sole purpose of making Nigerians better understand how much Drake gave away

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of "I Go Dye" - Pepsi Long Throat / Yoruba Actress, Tola Ayeni, Marks Birthday With Stunning Photos / South African Model Put Massive Bu.tt On Display In New Photo Shots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.