Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them (17022 Views)

Nyesom Wike Meets With Cristiano Ronaldo In Spain (Photos) / 2019: PDP Reconciliation Committee Led By Wike Meets With James Ibori (video) / Wike Meets With David Moyes, Kanu Nwankwo And Others In Port-harcourt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by sixtuschimere: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
GOVERNOR WIKE MEETS STREET TRADERS: PLANS TO BUILD MARKETS TO RELOCATE THEM

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike on Tuesday met with hundreds of street traders at Rumuodomanya, Rumuokoro and Okoronuodo communities of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, with the pledge that he will build new markets to relocate them.

Governor Wike pledged that the action is for the safety of the traders because they are exposed to danger as they trade on the busy expressway.

He said: "I am here to personally talk to you because I know the level of support I got from the markets during the last elections. Therefore, all my actions are geared towards improving the environment where you do business.

"I know that you are on the road to seek your daily upkeep. But it should not be at the expense of other road users and your own wellbeing."
The governor stated that the street traders along Rumuodomanya Road will be moved to a location provided by the community. He said the new market will be ready in two months.

The governor informed that the area where the street traders cluster will be fenced off for the easy flow of traffic. He added that the former location for street trading will also be beautified.

At Rumuokoro and Okoronuodo, the governor also promised to construct markets at locations provided by the two communities.
He called on the traders to continue to support his administration, pointing out that he will always protect their interest.

The governor also visited the motor park at Rumuokoro, which has been taken over by the State Government .

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.
19th July, 2016.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/governor-wike-meets-street-traders.html

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by sixtuschimere: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by Neduzze5(m): 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
Lalasticlala.... Comman see the change this PDP governor is bringing to his State ooo

20 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by Neduzze5(m): 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
Booked

1 Like

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by Young03(m): 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
Wike na u get ur mouth nah
na today una begin promise
I will only take ur joke serious when u start constructing it .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by Blizzy9ja: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2016
Talkie-na-do governor.... As him don talk am, na so e go be

22 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by HDee(m): 6:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
smiley
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by VictorRomanov: 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
Young03:
Wike na u get ur mouth nah

na today una begin promise

I will only take ur joke serious when u start constructing it .

Where do u live?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
See What This Thug Has Turned Rivers State To....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by weblord1900: 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
v
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by shamecurls(m): 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
[size=15pt]NGN100,000,000,000 LOAN WORKING

Another Ekiti State scenario loading
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by kings09(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
This is wat APC n PDP have in common - promise n fail
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by buharisbae(f): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
promise! promise! promise! that is all our politicians do!

at the end Nothing! angry
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by minasota(f): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
I love this Governor Wike, I love the
way he handle things. Not like that Imo Governor named Rochas Okoroawusa.......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by jamzzy28(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
Okay
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by kossyablaze(m): 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by miccheck58: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
Na wash joor.....
I know some bad belle will start attacking almighty Ambode now...... *yimu*
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by gbaskiboy: 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
Seems half population of Rivers are Hawkers grin
BTW I can see someone that look like my friend Uche am sure he's the one. This guy will always travel down home on every december to showcase himself as one of big boys in port. God don catch am, make I go show hin mama first grin

5 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by kurt09(m): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
Wike is working.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by Chidimba: 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
River state should be far better than this. This is the golden goose that lays the golden egg. Let's hope it's not to chase them away
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by milky3(f): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ambode can you see ya life

1 Like

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by tunjijones(m): 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
Even if he doesn't build d market.... He has already shown the traders DAT he feels their pains not like some other governor dat ban them completely. Kudos to you governor, pls try and build the market as u promised....

3 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by gabazin080(m): 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
WIKE IS WORKING.
fvck AMBODE

2 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by sosodevf(m): 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2016
Super Story
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
minasota:
Did rochas eat your yam?
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by passionate88: 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
My governor

1 Like

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by gokay11(m): 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
Not like a particular Governor who ban street hawking without providing alternative.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by m2dl: 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2016
buharisbae:
promise! promise! promise! that is all our politicians do!

at the end Nothing! angry
hmmmm as far u used d word ,"all" its cool
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by Abagworo(m): 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2016
minasota:

Wike is a non entity where Okorocha is. Okorocha has trained more than 100, 000 people for free before becoming Governor who Wike epp?
Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by RZArecta(m): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
[s]See What This Thug Has Turned Rivers State To[/s]....
stop derailing this thread with your nonsense

8 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them by Touchforfree(m): 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
milky3:
Ambode can you see ya life

I beg ds is not about Gov Ambode, let Gov Wike wike the markets as he promised and let's see if the wikeans will not still continue their wikeings on the road like before. Na today, abi d markets go b free ?.

shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shehu Sani: Buhari Would Have Been On The Streets If Jonathan Piled Up Debts / Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation / April 11 Governorship Election: Gunmen Kill 9 In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.