Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Hnd Or Noun Computer Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd Or Noun Computer Science (1522 Views)

Top 10 African Universities In Computer Science: Covenant University Ranked / HND Or B.sc From NOUN / Should I Apply For HND Or DE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by soundCluster: 7:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hi Guys,

I am in need of your prompt advice.

I need to make a swift descision as regards going back for HND or taking DE to NOUN.

I finished OND 2013 and avnt gone back for HND. Now I am set to continue my edu but I have the option of choosing between NOUN DE or HND--same course(Comp Sci).

The reason why I opened this thread is because I need more experienced folks--home/abroad(career-wise) from this board to give reasons for either of the two options you suggest/advice me to opt for.

Please this thread doesn't aim at bashing any degree or diploma hence, derailing et post aimed at changing the topics objective is strictly prohibited.
Thanks in advance all.
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
Go for DE noun...get a BSc in computer science and save ursef the stress of HND discrimination.
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by soundCluster: 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
hostine316:
Go for DE noun...get a BSc in computer science and save ursef the stress of HND discrimination.

Thank you for your suggestion.

My worry about NOUN is, I don't really know much on if they(NOUN graduates) are segregated or looked down on during potential employee assessment by HR's for a job. I hope you understand?

Please if you have any experience directly or indirectly as regards this, kindly share with me.

Thank you.
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 20, 2016
soundCluster:

Thank you for your suggestion.

My worry about NOUN is, I don't really know much on if they(NOUN graduates) are segregated or looked down on during potential employee assessment by HR's for a job. I hope you understand?

Please if you have any experience directly or indirectly as regards this, kindly share with me.

Thank you.

I understand your plight.. On a second thought, why can't u apply for DE in another institution...or is noun ur only option??and I hope you finished with upper??
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by Elxandre(m): 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
You should have just picked DE form to one of the universities and try that first na. sad

This is a little bit tough.

Presently, there is hardly any significant discrimination against NOUN graduates, but so was it too for HND graduates several years ago, but since we are talking about the present, I think I'd advise that you go with NOUN.

(Remember, CSc is a practical course, so you have to understand that you'll have to read and practice yourself, without much access to classmates)

That was why I forfeited my admission in NOUN 3 years ago, cos I like to be a master of any field I find myself, and I wasn't convinced with the methodology then.

Not still sure if I made the right decision though.

If that isn't a bother for you, go with NOUN.
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by soundCluster: 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
hostine316:

I understand your plight.. On a second thought, why can't u apply for DE in another institution...or is noun ur only option??and I hope you finished with upper??

Jamb DE form (sales) as closed so, Yes its my only option now and yes I finished with an upper credit in com sci.
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by SeyiAyorinde(m): 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
NO to NOUN
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by soundCluster: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
Elxandre:
You should have just picked DE form to one of the universities and try that first na. sad

This is a little bit tough.

Presently, there is hardly any significant discrimination against NOUN graduates, but so was it too for HND graduates several years ago, but since we are talking about the present, I think I'd advise that you go with NOUN.

(Remember, CSc is a practical course, so you have to understand that you'll have to read and practice yourself, without much access to classmates)

That was why I forfeited my admission in NOUN 3 years ago, cos I like to be a master of any field I find myself, and I wasn't convinced with the methodology then.

Not still sure if I made the right decision though.

If that isn't a bother for you, go with NOUN.

Yes I should av. This is where I flawed.

You said u forfeited the admission and u aren't sure if twas a good descision then even now. Did u later apply to a conventional uni. Pls if u don't mind can u we chat privately that's if u don't want to share d info publicly cuz it wud go a long way in helping me make my final descision.

I jst followed you. Kindly follow back.
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by soundCluster: 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
SeyiAyorinde:
NO to NOUN

hi,

i appreciate ur contribution. however, i wud like to knw why you suggest this. thank you.
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by vic4real22: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2016
I will suggest that you continue with ur HND program .because i doubt if a NOUN student go for NYSC after their graduation .
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by Elxandre(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
soundCluster:

Yes I should av. This is where I flawed.

You said u forfeited the admission and u aren't sure if twas a good descision then even now. Did u later apply to a conventional uni. Pls if u don't mind can u we chat privately that's if u don't want to share d info publicly cuz it wud go a long way in helping me make my final descision.

I jst followed you. Kindly follow back.
Just did!
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by soundCluster: 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
Elxandre:

Just did!

Jst PM'd u now.
Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by soundCluster: 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2016
vic4real22:
I will suggest that you continue with ur HND program .because i doubt if a NOUN student go for NYSC after their graduation .

For now, no they don't. However, they are given a certificate by NYSC that shows they are exempted from the program.

Moreso, there have been news of the school board discussing this issue with NYSC---of her graduates participating in the one year program.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Or Noun Computer Science by Endy4all(m): 7:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
vic4real22:

Stop doubting NOUN students doesn't go for NYSC. They give exemption letter. But then does NYSC makes one a graduate? NOUN certificate is authentic and competent enough in the labour market.

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Publish New Payment Methods For 2017/18 UTME Registration / How To Score 70 + In Unilorin Post Utme 2019 / Free Degree / Masters Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.