Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly (5178 Views)

English Words You Have Been Using Wrongly As A Nigerian!!! / 35 Words You Are Pronouncing Wrongly! / 9 English Words You Might Be Pronouncing Incorrectly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly by oluwafreshkid(m): 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
Most annoying is "Am" instead of "I'm"
Jeez!

Am so fed up
tongue
Re: 10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly by MrDojo(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
Kagarko:
Suffering ourselves learning the language of the White Men.

We need a legislation on the use of Language in Nigeria.

OP never mind our mistakes. Colonization caused it. Though we thank God it's English and not French.

Anyway it's so educative.

I prefer french grin grin
Re: 10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly by Temitoppe(m): 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2016
what about "has" and "as"
Re: 10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly by hardbody: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
I don't fall for any of those.

What irks me most is when graduates confuse been with being.

An example is when someone writes, i have being searching for you or

Where have you being?

English sha.....

The key to its mastery is read....read....read

Also listen to good presenters on radio and television
Re: 10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly by MzDesire(f): 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2016
okay, thank you
Re: 10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly by 7footre(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
The most misplaced/wrongly spelt word in nigeria is probably using am in place of i'm!
So times some get to write i'm i.... which translates to I am I

Nice thread op
Re: 10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly by tutman12(m): 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
All this are basic now
Re: 10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly by getnewsy: 8:59am On Jul 25, 2016
Hey , I am learning English online for free usings the sites shown in these lists
http://www.getnewsy.com/blog/top-10-sites-to-learn-english-for-free/
Re: 10 Words You Need To Start Spelling Correctly by Ideegee(m): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
Samguine:
It's so weird that the spelling of weird is not wierd.

Now, that's a pun you created right there. Very nice. Keep it up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilag Pre-degree / Private Uni Is Just Druggies & Expensive Runs Girls / 18year Old Boy Who Fvck His Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.