Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination (672 Views)

US Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave US If Donald Trump Wins / Donald Trump Wins US Presidential Election- 2016 US election results / Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by Ideyontop: 1:14am On Jul 20, 2016
Its official, Donald Trump has been nominated as the republican nominee:

Donald Trump, the billionaire businessman whose outsider campaign has both galvanized millions of voters and divided the Republican Party, is the 2016 GOP presidential nominee.

The New Yorker's embrace by the Republican National Convention marks a remarkable moment in U.S. political history and validates a campaign that shattered precedent, defied pundits and usurped the GOP establishment.

His son Donald Trump, Jr., cast the votes for the New York delegation that put the billionaire businessman over the top of the 1,237 delegates he needed to clinch the nomination, as any talk of disruptive protest votes or walkouts dissipated.
"It is my honor to be able to throw Donald Trump over the top in the delegate count tonight with 89 delegates," Donald Jr. said, surrounded by three of Trump's other children -- Ivanka, Eric and Tiffany.

"Congratulations Dad, we love you."

An emotional Ivanka Trump told CNN's Dana Bash immediately after her father was confirmed as the Republican nominee, "It's unbelievable, it's surreal, I am so proud of my father."

"I have never underestimated my father, ever," Eric Trump said.
Donald Jr. was tearing up when he told Bash that putting his father over the top was "one of the more surreal moments of my life other perhaps than the birth of my children. To be able to do that is historic, its awesome."

"It's pretty real."

Trump is scheduled to address the convention via remote from New York in the evening, but tweeted shortly after the vote.
"Such a great honor to be the Republican Nominee for President of the United States. I will work hard and never let you down! AMERICA FIRST!"

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/donald-trump-republican-nomination-2016-election/index.html?adkey=bn
Re: Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by viyon02: 1:51am On Jul 20, 2016
This is just the beginning

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 20, 2016
Though my predictions seems so eerie to many, all I know is:

Donald Trump is America's next President.

Mark today's date.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 20, 2016
Cant wait to have him in the white house. Time for him to deport all black expatriates who are working in America cos their services will be required to make Africa great. It's a win win situation for Nigeria and Africa at large

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by Osmondinho(m): 1:55am On Jul 20, 2016
All I see is a KKK member planning to return America to early 50s

America Unite against Trash. Ooops I mean Trump
grin

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by Amberon11: 2:42am On Jul 20, 2016
POTUS
Re: Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by kuuljay(m): 2:47am On Jul 20, 2016
American elections are premeditated, easy ride for clinton,mtseew!!!

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by SamMilla1(m): 3:00am On Jul 20, 2016
Good.
We need to send some serious messages to ISIL, ISIS and ISanything out there in the middle East.
All these terror attacks in France and elsewhere will be addressed properly soon.
Re: Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by ehiage27(m): 4:06am On Jul 20, 2016
Rubbish..... Trump or Thrash I mean. Hillary Clinton for President.... any Nigerian like dos few above saying non-sense are same people who voted APC now see naija,, well am in the U.S and voting Hillary...

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by ejilife: 4:15am On Jul 20, 2016
ehiage27:
Rubbish..... Trump or Thrash I mean. Hillary Clinton for President.... any Nigerian like dos few above saying non-sense are same people who voted APC now see naija,, well am in the U.S and voting Hillary...
Unfortunately, Hillary will be worse than the clueless gang if she wins. Trump seems like the rejected stone that later became the chief corner stone.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Wins The Republican Nomination by jericco1(m): 5:24am On Jul 20, 2016
I once liked this man. But I don't know about now, he's chaotic.

(1) (Reply)

Trump Vows to 'Destroy' Law Banning Political Activity by Churches / Look At This Picture, And You Will See That People Are Not All Bad All The Time / Welcome To Israel: Trump Lands In Tel Aviv In Pursuit Of An Elusive Peace Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.