Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

unemployed Nigerians scramble for slots As F.G set to take Peace Corp Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / unemployed Nigerians scramble for slots As F.G set to take Peace Corp Of Nigeria (1825 Views)

Speed Limit By Road Safety Corp Of Nig.. Whats Your Take? / Peace Corp Is An Illegal Army. They Want To Fight War / Video: Soldiers Scramble For Water As Relief Materials Finally Arrive Sambisa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

unemployed Nigerians scramble for slots As F.G set to take Peace Corp Of Nigeria by onismate: 8:42am On Jul 20, 2016
I got to learn about this non-Governmental organization few months ago when couple of unemployed friends were running around seeking on how to register to become a peace corper.
From what I learnt from about this organization, it’s a non-Governmental uniform organization founded by Amb. (Dr) Dickson A.O. Akoh in 1998 in Kaduna, Nigeria. PCN as its fondly called has said its position in Nigeria is very important and vital. One of its mission is to interfere and mediate on conflict matters and affairs to bring peace in Nigeria.
Peace corp of Nigeria has managed to remain relevant over the years in Nigeria, however Government is yet to recognize them as a paramilitary force. However, Peace corps of Nigeria, NSCDC and VIO, all were formed the same time period by their respective founders, but it seem the FG took over VIO and NSCDC leaving PCN to its fate.
But it seem the federal Government is making plans to take over the organization. This is because the House of Representative in June, passed into law a bill for an act to establish the Nigerian peace Corps, which seeks to empower, develop and provide alternative employment for youths in other to facilitate peace. I guess it’s remaining the senate to comply then the presidency.
But do we need the Peace corps of Nigeria? The other paramilitary we have, are they not enough? Some may ask. Almost the military, paramilitary and security organizations owned by the Government does the same thing. The VIO will apprehend badand nonchalant vehicle drivers. The police will do the same thing. The NSCDC will arrest oil bonkers, the army, navy does the same thing, the police does it too. The police are in charge of internal peace so do we still need PCN!
Well, I think we need Peace Corps of Nigeria (PCN). The FG had promised to provide over a million jobs in a year, I guess this is the time since the peace corps of Nigeria said they have over 100,000 staffs and 90,000 officers.
Currently, Nigerians have seem to discover that the F.G will soon take over the organization since APC is now the Government in charge. It was alleged that while the Past Government wasn’t able to take over was because the commandant in charge wasn’t in PDP. Amb. (Dr) Dickson A.O. Akoh is a staunch APC member and chieftain. It is believed that in no distance time the FG will take over and re-integrate it into a full Nigerian Paramilitary force. Trust Nigerians nah. They have been running around to get membership into PCN presently because it’s fast and easy. Because when the Government takes over, recruitment will be difficult in the organization.
On the 7th of July, PCN had their screening for those who applied to join the organization. “Surely it wasn’t as easy as expecting on that training screening,” according to my sister who attended the screening in Abuja.
According to my sister, they bought PCN form for N1500. Text messages was sent to them to come for the screening on that 7th with blue shorts, white canvas and white shirt. She (my sister) got to the training ground and met thousands of Nigeria. I guess she thought she was only the unemployed Nigerian. Nigerians dey find work. It was specified that PCN only wanted people that are physically fit from 18 to 35 years. But trust Nigerians. Pregnant women, people that are even older than my grandmother came for the training. People wan join Peace corps because FG wan take over, so they have free access. Population of attendance was massive, upto 5000 in Abuja. The officials were screening people out based on age. Most people falsified their ages. Some people as old as my dad are claiming 32. Pregnant women everywhere. The officials screened out so many people including based on height and weight. But trust Nigerians nah, any recruitment exercise, some fraudulent people will use the opportunity to extort money from applicants just because they are desperately looking for job. Some dubious PCN officials begin do over do. They screen out even qualified people sef, asking them to bring N2,000 just to push them over. And some applicants paid because they want to be peace corper. After screening out some unqualified applicants, some dubious PCN members would go behind and collect money from them, thereby reinstating them. That is very unfair.
After the screening, the qualified ones were asked to pay N40,000 for their uniform. And another major camp training has being scheduled.
Just in case FG finally takes over PCN, they should redo the screening exercise. And if the F.G finds the organization fit and important to Nigeria, they should really take over it.
So fellow Nigerians, do we really need this organization, Peace Corp of Nigeria? Or should the Government just leave it and never take over, for it to remain a non-Governmental Organization. Share your views.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1175-peace-corps-of-nigeria-another-organization-federal-government-wants-to-take-over
Re: unemployed Nigerians scramble for slots As F.G set to take Peace Corp Of Nigeria by Project400: 8:53am On Jul 20, 2016
No please,

The F.G should take over Peace Corp to make profit (not to primarily create jobs). It is this same bureaucratic backwardness that brought us to the current state of stagflation and inflation.

If Peace Corp has nothing to bring to the Table like the Nigerian Custom, FRSC, etc., it should be discarded as quickly as possible. Alternatively, the leaders of the body should go back to the drawing table.

Any business that is primarily created to create jobs WILL fail.

It is the same principle that 'killed' Sure-P initiatives.

The same principle will also 'kill' the new N-power programme of the FG.
Re: unemployed Nigerians scramble for slots As F.G set to take Peace Corp Of Nigeria by onismate: 9:21am On Jul 20, 2016
Project400:
No please,

The F.G should take over Peace Corp to make profit (not to primarily create jobs). It is this same bureaucratic backwardness that brought us to the current state of stagflation and inflation.

If Peace Corp has nothing to bring to the Table like the Nigerian Custom, FRSC, etc., it should be discarded as quickly as possible. Alternatively, the leaders of the body should go back to the drawing table.

Any business that is primarily created to create jobs WILL fail.

It is the same principle that 'killed' Sure-P initiatives.

The same principle will also 'kill' the new N-power programme of the FG.
I understand your point, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT have been so insensitive to so many things about the welfare of the masses. They are looking for ways to create employment for youths, this might be another way only if all these agencies don't clash with each other.

1 Like

Re: unemployed Nigerians scramble for slots As F.G set to take Peace Corp Of Nigeria by BlackSeptember: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2016
I joined Peace Corp in 2002 and what they were doing was wack and our money was used to feed Dickson Akoh while he uses girls to satisfy his sexual urge.

A madman who is a senior officer was adking me out that's he was gay and most times throw up after listening to what he was saying because you must listen to what a CO was saying.

Thank God i left after the camping and they were demanding money from us.

Peace Corp is a Scam.

P.S. when next they came to my LG to recruit i mobilised guys and after briefing our LG chairman we sacked their arse from there.
Re: unemployed Nigerians scramble for slots As F.G set to take Peace Corp Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 20, 2016
This is another illegal hiring job being spearheaded by pmb and his goons.

(1) (Reply)

Agulu Lake Road Anambra State! @ Night / Look At What Zahra Buhari Posted And The Respond She Got . / Army Spokesperson SK Usman Promoted From Colonel To Brigadier General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.