Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Looking Ahead! I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Looking Ahead! I (327 Views)

Primate Elijah Ayodele's 2018 Prophecies: What Atiku Must Do Ahead Of 2019 / Looking Ahead / Rev Chris Oyakhilome Arrives Ghana Ahead Of #nightofbliss-ghana 2016[photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Looking Ahead! I by flakky02: 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
(LOOKING AHEAD!
It was a wonderful and funny experience I had this evening around 5pm as I was driving home. The rain was just dropping and suddenly it became so heavy that I could only manage to see ahead, I had to put on my full light and the emergency light also as the wipers were working at the highest level. As the rain continued to get heavier, I was thinking of parking aside, I don’t like driving in the heavy rain especially after I watched this movie, 90 minutes in heaven, (LOL). The sky was cloudy as the heavy rain continued, but as I looked ahead I saw a bright sky, so I felt I should continue driving. As I continued driving in the heavy rain and cloudy sky, within few seconds, I found myself in a dry, bright, sunny sky without rain. It was a surprise to me, from heavy and cloudy sky rain to a dry, bright sun sky. I was like, “Thank God I didn’t pull over in the rain. And the same thing is applicable in our Christian race.

WHEN THE CHRISTIAN RACE GETS TOUGHER
Sometimes the Christian race gets so tough that we could barely feel the power of God and hardly see the possibility of God’s promises, when flesh becomes so tough to subdue, when Satan becomes more roaring to resist, when walking with God becomes so tedious and tiring, when working for God becomes so difficult and waiting on the Lord becomes so annoying like wasting time and when heaven becomes so far away, do you know what we are to do? It is not to pull over or pull back or look back, we are to do what Jesus Christ did. In Hebrews 12:2, the Word of God admonished us to “looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" meaning we are to look unto Jesus and do as He did when things were tough for Him during His earthly ministry, we should look to the secret of His success during His earthly ministry when things got so hard and tough, here it is in that same Hebrews 12:2, “who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

Jesus Christ looked beyond the cross, and He saw the joy, of salvation of many souls, the rewards, and glory, so He was encouraged to endure the cross and despise the present, passing shame of the cross. And so we are to follow His steps, we are to look ahead of the present situations. Look ahead of the eternal joy that is set before you in heaven, of the rewards in heaven and eternal blessing of being in the present of God for ever and ever and ever. And why should we not endure the temporal cross and difficulties, why are we not going to despise the passing shame of the world? By God's grace we will!

Are we going to fall back from the race to heaven because of the present pressure of sin and persecution of Satan? Are we going to forfeit the mansions, crowns of glory and eternal joy of heaven? Are we going to forsake our precious salvation and covenant of total faithfulness to God because of these temporal, screen-saver earthly gains? Are we going to miss the glorious heaven and mess up in the gloomy hell forever? NO! God forbid! By His grace, in this Christian race, we will not pull over, we will not pull back, we will not fall, we will not faint and we will not falter. When flesh becomes so tough to subdue, we will plunge into unlimited God’s grace and put the flesh to death. When Satan becomes more roaring, we will resist him by faith in Christ, not by our power. When walking with God becomes so tiring, He will renew our strength to fly. When working for God becomes so difficult, we are going to look unto Jesus Christ, we are going to wait on Him and He shall take us to His Father’s house of many mansions, and there we shall be with Him and reign with Him forever and ever. Amen!

Satan is a bad god but God is a good God, Satan is a liar and way of death but Jesus Christ is a Way of Truth and Life. And so we are not going to join the stupid generation who choose death instead of life, who choose sin instead of salvation, but we are not going to turn back like many others. By daily prayer, daily Bible reading, daily watchfulness and daily available God’s grace, we are making it, I am making it and you are making it to heaven.

You know what the Bible says in the same Hebrews 12:22, “But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.” Amen

It also says, “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.” Hebrews 12:28.

Amen!

(1) (Reply)

He Blesses And Keeps / All Will Be Well With You If… / The Carnal Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.