Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Flashback To 10 Top Songs Of The 2000s In No Particular Order - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Flashback To 10 Top Songs Of The 2000s In No Particular Order (684 Views)

Davido's Top Songs For 2017 / Top Songs You Must Hear This Month / Celine dion's Top songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback To 10 Top Songs Of The 2000s In No Particular Order by AdorableJosh(m): 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
1. Djinee – Ego: I remember I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it, it became my go-to jam for months and even now I still listen to it once in a while and I’m reminded of what made this a topnotch song.

2. Styl Plus – Olufunmi: The trio of Tunde, Shifi and Zeal took the airwaves by storm with the release of this hit, it was then the ultimate love song and the reason for this is not far fetched laced with romantic lines.

3. Zule Zoo – Kerewa: This is probably the raunchiest Nigerian song till date, there was hardly any young person who didn’t know the lyrics of the song then and the accompanied dance steps quickly became the rave of the moment.

4. 2 Face – African Queen: This song remains a classic, the guitar ballad is without doubt one of 2 Face’s most successful material and it’s the most successful track from the Face 2 Face album.

5. Paul Play – Angel of My Life: Paul Play needs no introduction to Nigerian music lovers, this particular song is timeless with lovely lyrics and beautiful delivery. It never gets old.

6. D’banj – Tongolo: This song from No Long Thing album undoubtedly made D’banj a household name and the video won the Best Newcomer Award at the 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards.

7. Olu Maintain – Yahooze: I don’t think it’s possible to not have heard this song, it became the unrivalled party jam and the dance is just as good. It still remains Olu’s most popular to song till date.

8. Soty – Malaria: Everyone thought Soty would set the trail for female artistes after listening to this song, though her debut album was below par, nevertheless, this track was song of the year in 2007.

9. Mad Melon and Mountain Black – Danfo Driver: Almost everyone danced to this song, need I say more? The song the duo to a household name back then.

10. Lagbaja – Kon Kon Below: The masked man cum saxophone maestro came with this song and blew us all away, it’s still a jam despite years after the release.

Notable Mentions: Resonance – Chinwe Ike, Shank – Julie, 2 Face – If Love is a Crime, Tony Tetuila – My Car, Eedris Abdulkareem – Mr. Lecturer, Face – Tattoo Girls, Wande Coal – Kiss Your Hand, Sasha – Adara

Check https://blarckbillboard. for seasoned music news
Re: Flashback To 10 Top Songs Of The 2000s In No Particular Order by witnezHD(m): 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
They were dope

1 Like

Re: Flashback To 10 Top Songs Of The 2000s In No Particular Order by AdorableJosh(m): 10:25pm On Jul 20, 2016
witnezHD:
They were dope

Yeah, good times

1 Like

Re: Flashback To 10 Top Songs Of The 2000s In No Particular Order by witnezHD(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
AdorableJosh:

Yeah, good times
good old days

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: P-square – Bank Alert / Full List Of Winners MTV Video Award (africa) 2016 / Record Labels Recommended Artists To Be Signed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.