Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,552 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election (915 Views)

Infograph: FAAC Allocation Distribution To 36 States From January - March 2017 / Ondo Crisis Deepens As Protesters Attack Governor Mimiko's Convoy- Premium Times / Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by kennybabs1980: 2:40am On Jul 21, 2016
Ondo State Governor who is currently owing the state workers 6 months salary have flagged off what he described as Food Palliative Initiatives. This project is meant to give 2kg rice to the hungry populace directly.
It was learnt that some communities have rejected the rice, describing it as "sacrificial". It was alleged in some quarters that the governor is carrying out the instructions of a particular marabout whom he engaged to help pray to shore up his dwindling political fortunes in preparation for the November gubernatorial election. The governor who is completing his second term must be able to install a successor for his political future to be secured, and he is leaving no stone unturned in achieving this. For instance, the governor is putting forward his attorney general and commissioner for justice Eyitayo Jegede, a long time ally and lawyer to former vice-president Atiku Abubakar, a deft move to curry the favour of the Adamawa deep bag politician since all effort made to enter the APC through the South West zone have been frustrated as a result of stringent conditions given him by the SW APC which include the reinstatement of his impeached deputy Ali Olanusi. It will be recalled that Olanusi was impeached last year for decamping to the APC.
How the latest gesture of the governor to the impoverished populace of the state will yield electoral results to him is yet to be known.

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by solace2013: 3:04am On Jul 21, 2016
Very funny action, l laughed when I heard about it yesterday, Dr Mimiko's popularity have actually dwindled over time, though l don't believe this marabout angle, distributing rice may not be able to help him, let him find a way of paying at least 3 out of 6 months salary he is owing workers, distributing rice is like telling workers they aren't important in the scheme of things, he shouldn't forget so soon how civil servants assisted him to win second term, cheers.

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by raymond284(m): 3:25am On Jul 21, 2016
Busted!!!! grin
Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by ollymoore: 3:44am On Jul 21, 2016
Can dat rice pay dere children school fees, house rent and other bills in d house

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by greatgod2012(f): 4:34am On Jul 21, 2016
Chai!

This is shamelessness at it's peak. Owing 6 months salary, yet has the guts to be distributing 2kg of rice to the populace in order to install his loyalist as his successor, who will help him to cover all the atrocities he has committed in the state.

Smh........how I wish he's stoned by the people.

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by Pheals(f): 4:51am On Jul 21, 2016
Bag of rice will really work now that people are sufferings in this buhari time ! I pity people

Years later :after efcc invitation as usuals

Mr mimiko what do with N5b that disappeared?
Mimiko: we used it to get rice for the citizens, it cover up education and social amenities to be built for the people
Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by SamMilla1(m): 4:51am On Jul 21, 2016
That's the only time the rogues become active.
Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 21, 2016
Obviously inspired by the Ponmo cutting governor, this is what governance has been reduced to in the SW, all this nonsense has to stop, Yorubas aren't Almajiris whose problem is food.

These PDP governors in the SW are disgracing us. I feel sorry for my tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by holadguy(m): 5:02am On Jul 21, 2016
Ondo and ekiti had something in common.

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by Funjosh(m): 5:04am On Jul 21, 2016
The hunger is real men. Ask Hungerbad tongue
Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by oduastates: 5:34am On Jul 21, 2016
He has dug own grave.
The feelers I am getting is that he is going to lose woefully. This rice thingie has made what was going to be a normal electoral defeat to turn into woeful defeat.
I will be happy to see the back of this local champion.

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by gabe15(m): 5:35am On Jul 21, 2016
Dis bastard Is owing 6month salary oh

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by Henrydone: 6:00am On Jul 21, 2016
Shameless governor grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by solace2013: 8:09am On Jul 21, 2016
oduastates:
He has dug own grave.
The feelers I am getting is that he is going to lose woefully. This rice thingie has made what was going to be a normal electoral defeat to turn into woeful defeat.
I will be happy to see the back of this local champion.
sure.
Re: Governor Mimiko Starts Rice Distribution To Citizens Ahead Of Election by Ajascolove(m): 8:40am On Jul 21, 2016
Chai! Mimiko that refuse to pay my friend working as a casual staff in their State Cocoa Revolution Project 13 months wages sharing rice? God punish politicians!

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Nigerian Soldiers Relaxing After Launching An Attack On Boko Haram / Makarfi PDP Unveil Zoning 4 August Convention(See Positions Zone 2 North+South / The Woman, Aisha Wakil, Boko Haram Calls Mummy Is Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.