Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

How The Battle Of Nigeria Would Be Won Without A Single Shot Fired - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Battle Of Nigeria Would Be Won Without A Single Shot Fired (667 Views)

APC Wouldn’t Have Won Without Tinubu – Buhari (2016) / Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay / APC Wouldn’t Have Won Without Tinubu –Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Battle Of Nigeria Would Be Won Without A Single Shot Fired by ProfyJay(m): 7:49am On Jul 21, 2016
√How the Battle for the Soul of Nigeria Would Be Won Without a Single Shot Fired

There is no difference in texture and color between goat poop and chocolate. The only way you can tell is to place each, in turn, on your tongue. Then you will tell.

Unfortunately, when you have eaten goat poop for so long, chocolate tastes like poison.

This universe speaks in whispers.

A few months ago, Enugu was in the news for another wrong reason. Several dead bodies were uncovered under the foundation of a “church” building.

••• Ah, Nigeria’s brand of religion! It’s only in Nigeria that five million people could gather under one roof for a religious ceremony. It’s only in Nigeria that a government could dissipate an entire work week to wait for a moon - even after Cassius had convinced Brutus that the fault is not in the heavenlies but “in ourselves, that we are underlings.”

Still yet, in Nigeria, a man could steal your mobile phone on Saturday night and head to church Sunday morning to testify about how God blessed him with a new phone!

The god of Nigeria is Money! Replace many Nigerian prayers that mention ‘God’ with ‘Money’ and you’ll be amazed how eerily serendipitous.

So, I ask the overworked mechanic servicing my generator, “Oshin, why don’t you recruit apprentices? Aren’t you killing yourself doing all this work alone!”

He says: “Sir, I have tried and given up. They never stay. The youth of nowadays want fast money. None of them wants to sit down and learn anything.”

How did we get here? Warped values. Lost innocence. Murder and tyranny. Perversion. Mediocrity. Slavery. Darkness became light and light became darkness.

To be fair on Nigeria, we were not always like this.

••• I remember growing up in my village where there was zero stealing and zero lying - even without the overwhelming presence of religion as we have today. Zero stealing. Zero lying. If you stole or lied, everyone knew and the village ostracized you. But today, in Nigeria, if you lie, everybody applauds you. If you tell the truth, everyone attacks you and calls you hater!

In my village of yore, you displayed your merchandise by the roadside and went to farm. No need for a salesgirl or shopkeeper. Passers-by bought your goods and dropped the money on your table. If the buyer needed change, they picked their change and dropped your money for you. When you returned from the farm in the evening, your money was intact right there by the road. I witnessed this growing up.

We had no fences, no walls around our houses, no metal doors. There was no need.

••• Again, I attended a Unity school. Till this day, my deepest emotional connections remain my Yoruba, Hausa, Efik, Igbo and other brothers and sisters in my class at Secondary School. We have a vibrant Whatsapp Forum like no other. I could never be freer anywhere else than on that forum to express myself without fear or pretense. No one asks, “What tribe are you from?” - the one deadly question that destroyed Nigeria.

How I wish Nigeria had been like our microcosm Federal Government College ’84 group! No suspicions, no hatred, no threats, no discrimination based on religion, no asking “where do you come from?” Everyone accepted, warts and all. Mutual support. Comfortable with each other’s presence. Forgiving of each other’s foibles. Caring about each other’s sorrows.

Sadly, that is the Nigeria that wasn’t and unfortunately, wouldn’t. The poet in me cries from a place of pain, not of pessimism.

Since Ahmadu Bello’s insidious mission statement in The Parrot newspaper of October 12, 1960, the gods knew that this ship would sail nowhere. More than 50 years later, they were right. In another 50, they would still be right if we do nothing.

••• Have you read Achebe’s “There was a country?” What would it take for me to extract you from Linda Ikeji’s blog to read something that could make you a little more intelligent?

You will never discover Nigeria in the earthquake. You won’t in the howling winds or storm. But you may in the still small voice. Even though some don’t even hear the rumblings of the earthquake how much more a voice that is not only small but still. Ear wahala upanda (in Nigerian parlance).

You will never understand Nigeria nor what it would take to rescue its people from the hideous cabal and dark chessmasters who practice political narcotics. You will never understand that the Nigerian ruler is only faking dumbness. He is deliberate and focused in his avowed mission in life - which is anything but kwaraption. And you will never understand the mystical triangulation between Daura, Aso Rock and Bourdillon.

••• You won’t understand, until you unravel what the universe whispered to Nigeria in Enugu: ‘There are corpses under your foundation!’

Let me show you the corpses buried under Nigeria’s foundation. The next three quotes are the most important paragraphs in Nigeria’s history. If you miss them, you don’t know Nigeria’s history one bit.

(1) “Sir Frederick (Lugard) has earned the notorious distinction of being the originator of a system of government … entitled the ‘Nigerian System.’ This system has in the pregnant words of ex-Judge Stoaker been described as ‘a set back to a condition of things resembling the barbarous ages.”

(2) “To the natives of Nigeria … the ‘Nigerian system’ is the most infernal system that has ever been devised since the days of the Spanish Inquisition for the express purpose of humiliating and depressing the units of any loyal and progressive community.” (see pg. 271)

(3) “The three basic principles necessary for the successful working of the Nigerian System are Ignorance, Fear and Military terrorism; that is to say, the perpetuation of the natives in a state of idolised ignorance, the impregnation of their minds with an instinctive dread of the White man and reverential awe for the fetish of ‘White prestige’ and the paralysation of their wills by the spectacle of Military terrorism hanging over their heads like a sword of Damocles. (Page 273)

I extracted those quotes directly from “The Amalgamation of Nigeria, A Documentary Record” published by Frank Cass & Co. Ltd, 1968.

The battle for the soul of Nigeria is almost won - not with bullets. But with insane revelations. By the massive uncoverings. Darkness thrives in mystery and concealment. Truth is victorious in light.

••• Never before have Nigerians been awakened to the facts of their history than they have been in recent times! The gates of brass have been broken, and the bars of iron have been cut asunder.

I feel the excitement of a captured bird who noticed that the rusty hinges of its cage doors were giving way - - that it was only one strong peck away from freedom. And then it pecked and …!

(TIP: Keep your ears within range of the Lower Niger Congress)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Battle Of Nigeria Would Be Won Without A Single Shot Fired by Vendoor(f): 8:18am On Jul 21, 2016
Everything about Nigeria today is artificial and fake:

Education- we have knowledge but lack understanding. Thus, every graduates only have their five senses of greed awaken.

Religion- We are very religious but fantastically corrupt. Highly politicized religions with hatred across divides

Government- We run democracy without federalism, maximum impunity, and majority takes it all system.

Culture/Lifestyle- our value system have reduce to money and life entertainment. We have eventualy lost everything!

We are living a fake life, ARTIFICIAL! Nothing we have or celebrate is truely ours. Alot of us still haven't realize the dangers that await us all in the near future. embarassed

1 Like

Re: How The Battle Of Nigeria Would Be Won Without A Single Shot Fired by pacino26(m): 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=ProfyJay post=47744136][/quote]

Can I have a word with you on BBM 7B1EBDDA
Re: How The Battle Of Nigeria Would Be Won Without A Single Shot Fired by ProfyJay(m): 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ok

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Plateau State Government Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Bokkos / Kanu Will Never Renounce Biafra – Nnamdi Kanu’s Wife Tells Buhari / No Overseas Education And Importation Of Medicals But We Can Fund HAJJ- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.