Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? (11378 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Detained By DSS / Photo Of A Police Officer Killed In The River State Legislative Rerun Election / Precious Chikwendu's Throws Birthday Bash Despite FFK Being Detained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by socialmediaman: 10:53am On Jul 21, 2016
I read in the news that Zamfara state principal Legislative officers were arrested by the DSS for unknown allegations. I wonder if this is connected to their move to impeach the Governor of the state on allegations of Gross abuse of office.

If this is the case, it's really worrisome, should the DSS intervene in any way to the legislative business of the assembly? Even if the allegations are unfounded, the assembly deserves the protection of security operatives in the discharge of their legislative duties.

If the arrests are not in any way connected, then I guess the DSS should release a statement and clear the apprehension of the public.

Mr President needs to pay attention to these issues, his government has been accused of disrespect for constituted authority. People will become afraid of using their freedom of free speech and constitutional rights if things like this keep happening. Hoping the best for Nigeria's democracy

God bless us all

- SocialMediaMan

37 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by TippyTop(m): 11:08am On Jul 21, 2016
@socialmediaman
You used to be an ardent APC supporter, am glad you're becoming more rational in your thoughts.

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by khalifjgusau(m): 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
Thank GOD... The person (Yarima) who is behind this impeachment is not the type of politician that cannot fight back... Lets see...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by socialmediaman: 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
TippyTop:
@socialmediaman
You used to be an ardent APC supporter, am glad you're becoming more rational in your thoughts.

My solidarity remains with Nigerians. Yes I supported Buhari for presidency because I believed at the time he had the courage to tackle
The country's most pressing issues, corruption and unemployment. Many of us are disappointed so far with his inaction to many issues facing us today, we hope he listens to our criticisms and steps up his game, because it will ALWAYS be about the welfare of Nigerians in the end under his government.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by yarimo(m): 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
Because of power of incumbency from above.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by fitzmayowa: 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nigeria's democracy becoming a joke under PMB...SMH
Waiting for our resident APC e - warriors to come defend this abuse of power...

34 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by Ngasky(m): 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
the DSS are wrong in this case. what used to happen before should not be allowed this time.
the President need to call them to order and the governors need to up their commitments.
the luck warm attitudes need to be stopped.
if all governors are like el-rufai. wike. ambode there will be less agitations

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by Babangida70(m): 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
Osibanjo ::::: Baba someone is asking why Dss detained some lawmakers in zamfara

Buhari:::::: Walahi fa! Make he kwantinue

17 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by QuotaSystem: 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
It is indeed utterly reprehensible angry, but I don't see why you're directly linking this to the President.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
OK

gOOD NIGHT FELLASS

NEED TO SLEEP NOW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by kings09(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
Buhari oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by SSPX(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
because the number one oga is also a dictator

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
What else do we expect from the most
backward, uncivilized, and uneducated,
uncercumsied hausa-fulani almajiri to offer
for the generallity of the zoological republic
inhabited by monkeys and baboon! They
value the lives of their cattles more than that
of a vulnerable christain in the expired
zoological republic called nizooria!

18 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by kings09(m): 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
U mean a born-again wailer
TippyTop:
@socialmediaman

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by richidinho(m): 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM THAT CRAZY SAN

I MEAN

FEMI HYPOCRITE FALANA

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by kings09(m): 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
Fitzmayowa, see 1 of dem zombies
QuotaSystem:
It is indeed utterly reprehensible angry, but I don't see why you're linking the Presidency with this.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
yes
Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
john4reala:

What else do we expect from the most
backward, uncivilized, and uneducated,
uncercumsied hausa-fulani almajiri to offer
for the generallity of the zoological republic
inhabited by monkeys and baboon! They
value the lives of their cattles more than that
of a vulnerable christain in the expired
zoological republic called nizooria!
Clap for yourself. You just made no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by lonelydora: 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
DSS on personal vendettas.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by eph12(m): 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
Am still wondering why too. The president cannot claim to not be aware of these happenings. He must have been briefed and he must have okayed the actions of those DSS.

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by otitokoroleti: 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
socialmediaman:

My solidarity remains with Nigerians. Yes I supported Buhari for presidency because I believed at the time he had the courage to tackle
The country's most pressing issues, corruption and unemployment. Many of us are disappointed so far with his inaction to many issues facing us today, we hope he listens to our criticisms and steps up his game, because it will ALWAYS be about the welfare of Nigerians in the end under his government.
o rorun fun ibakasie lati gba oju abere wo ile ju ki buhari yi iwa pada si ti eletigbaroye. my conclusion about Buhari is at my signature...

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by otitokoroleti: 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
Bolustic:
Clap for yourself. I just made no sense.
Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by tempest02: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
we need rationale people like this

1 Like

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by TheSPEAKER(m): 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
All agencies have both their rights and responsibilities. And these backfire too when mis-used.

Investigation will hopefully come up with the fact soon.
Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by sexychocho(f): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
undecided
Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by Mcowubaba: 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
QuotaSystem:
It is indeed utterly reprehensible angry, but I don't see why you're directly linking this to the President.
Ogbeni link to LinkedIn mtcheew

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by eyeview: 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Once you are connected to the president buhari,you can violate any law you desire and nothing will happen. That's the new vogue

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by DeviIhimself: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
that's no. one reason i support immunity for law makers especially in this useless incompetent, docile and dumb administration headed by an illiterate gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping gorilla mumuhamado mumuharii the useless kunu drinker from Daura called the worst president since mankind and the shame of this country.
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin

cheers to the balless aisha rice eater with long black head.

cc
Omenka modath ngeneukwenu grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS? by ellovee(m): 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
The crime against the Zamfara State legislative officers is their attempt to serve impeachment notice on an APC governor.
What on earth will make anyone in this country to raise accusing finger on any member of APC when PMB still remain a president?
For it is written "come to me (APC) all ye that have looted and I (PMB) will give you protection."

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Afenifere Chieftain, Olaniwun Ajayi Is Dead / Video Of President Buhari's Speech At TICAD7 / Senator Kalu Writes Abia APC, Reveals Candidates To Support Ahead Of Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.