Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

My Mistake (A Fictional Piece) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Mistake (A Fictional Piece) (635 Views)

From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... / An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me / The Great Mistake(a Story By Dawinlove) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Mistake (A Fictional Piece) by PenAStory: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
https://penastory.com/2016/07/11/my-mistake-part-1-alabi-ayomide/

I sat looking at the skies, filled with hope that Aduke would call me to tell me she misses me or at least for me to know she is okay since I had lost the right and privileges of calling her my friend. Well this was what happened I explained to Michael.

“Aduke and I used to be very close, we were so close people assumed we were very much in love with each other and were dating. I love Aduke beyond measures and I am sure she loves me more than the way I love her. We heard the rumours about our supposed love life of course, I was going to break silence on the issue but Aduke said I should keep quiet and let people assume what they wanted to. Months passed and the rumours had spread faster and wider than the Chicago wild fire. It got so bad that every girl I tried to woo turned me down just because they believed I was dating Aduke who is easily one of hottest girls on campus. I met a girl named Funke on instagram, pretty, light skinned, hour glass body, caring and she was a fresher. I explained and even though Aduke wasn’t comfortable with what was going on, I was of the mindset that she was the one for me regardless of the fact that she was suffering from typhinia. Weeks passed, Funke and I spent so much time together that we became the talk of the campus.

‘Yemi, who in God’s name is Aduke,’ she asked. I didn’t know what to say, I perceived the destructive aroma of trouble as she asked and I told her Aduke is just my friend.

‘She can’t just be your friend, she came to my room last night and asked me to stay away from you, that you are in a relationship with her.’

“But she is just…”

“Please stay away from me, I hate you,” she cut in heatedly and walked away.

I was furious. Why would Aduke decide to destroy my life like this? She has a boyfriend and I am single. What else does she want from me? I asked myself. I decided to go to her room three days after the incident. I barged in furiously and before she knew what was happening, I had slapped her twice.

‘I never want to see you again, stay away from me and stay away from Funke,’ I said in anger watching as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

‘How can you do this to me? How dare you barge into my room and slap me without my doing anything and you are mentioning a name I have never heard of? What kind of devil have you turned to? This is not the Yemi I know and love,’ she said, tears streaming down her face.

‘If you love me, let me go, I love Funke and she’s the one I want to be with,’ I replied and walked out of the room. Aduke ran after me and shouted that I had just cut the bond of our friendship. Days passed, I didn’t hear from Aduke but every night I could hear the echo of her voice saying that I had cut the bond of our friendship. I debated within myself whether to call or text her but something always reminded me that she was the one who offended me and should call me instead. Regardless, I found myself going back to her room to apologize but she wasn’t there. That was how we stopped talking for over a year now.”

“How could you have been so callous Yemi?” Michael asked as I finished my tale. “Notwithstanding what you heard, you should have asked her first before hitting her,” he added,

“Come to think of it, when did Funke tell you what Aduke told her?”

“September 12 2015 at around 9.45pm.”

“Can you imagine! Aduke and I were not even on campus or in Lagos for that matter, we were in Abuja for the launch of our clothing line , so please tell me how she could have been in Abuja and on campus at the same time.”

What the hell have I done I asked myself. “I am going to Funke’s room,” I said to Michael and bade him goodbye, my head bowed with regret. I got to Aduke’s room and knocked on the door but no one answered I turned the knob of the door, the door opened, I walked in and for some strange reason I went straight to her bedroom and to my greatest surprise I met Funke and Aduke having lesbian sex, I blacked out for some seconds and regained consciousness thinking it was a Nollywood movie I was watching but unfortunately it wasn’t.

Funke walked out of the room in fear and Aduke was staring at me in shame.

“Listen, I am not bothered about the whole sex bullshit I just want to know the truth,” I said.

“Listen Yemi,” she stuttered, “I don’t know who Aduke is, I have never seen her before I have only heard about tales of how much you guys love each other so much and I wanted something at least similar to that so I tried to tear you guys apart. I am really sorry.”

“WHAT!!! How could you do this? Why didn’t you just fucking ask me?” I thundered. “You were indeed a mistake.” I said as I left her apartment in annoyance.

Source: PenAStory - www.penastory.com

(1) (Reply)

THE Betrayal**season1** / This Shouldnt Be Difficult (*_*) / Modified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.