Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,772 members, 7,862,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

In 24hrs...how I Was Saved From Aba 419 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / In 24hrs...how I Was Saved From Aba 419 (787 Views)

Lady Saved From Traveling With Cocaine Packaged As Milk As A 16-Year-Old Girl / How I Was Saved From Ritualists After Entering 'One Chance' In Lagos -Lady. PIC / Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In 24hrs...how I Was Saved From Aba 419 by drsugar: 2:03am On Jul 22, 2016
I was in the kitchen washing plates on a tuesday afternoon around 1:00pm when a man called me. He said 'Hello, how are you?' This is honourable speaking. One of my friends who is a special adviser(SA) to the commissioner of youth, sports and development is in charge of a youth empowerment program. He gave me some slots and I just feel like helping you with one out of it if you don't mind. It's 40k per month but you'll be taking 20k and my friend who is the SA will be chopping the remaining 20k every month. It's just a favour my dear, or are you not going to be able to do it?' . Without asking which honourable he is, I said YES SIR, I'll do it SIR, It's OKAY Sir, automatically assuming I knew him.
He then said what are you doing now. I said I'm home. He said, good my dear because the slot is closing today and the money will be continous for 2 years. HE WAS TALKING LIKE A BIG MAN. Said I should go to First Bank and open a new account in my name and send it with my own seperate present account to him now now now. 'Ha, It's closing today my dear', he said.
I left the plate I was washing immediately and hurried like a jet to the bank saying thank God for this mehn, did what he said and sent him the details. He said, 'Good my dear, make sure you collect ATM card for the new account and register for alert with the SA number, which he gave. I did as instructed.
Then called again after sometime 'Good my dear, I don't know why I'm doing this, just to help you. Congratulations, the SA has accepted you. Call him with the number I'll text you now, just follow his instructions, okay? I said YES SIR. Then I asked, how should I introduce myself to him SIR. He said, 'just tell him from honourable'. At this point I became suspicious, wondering why he wouldn't put his name after the honourable. Checked his number on truecaller and saw "Chief Onuigbo". Checked that of the SA and saw 'Immigration HR officer'. At this point I woke up PARTIALLY.
Nevertheless, I went ahead and called the SA. He was also forming and speaking like a big man. He said ' good good good, It's okay. I'm very busy now, Will be on my way to Aba this evening for a meeting. Just go to any peace mass transit and send the ATM and pin number of the second new account you just opened in an envelope to Aba. write my number on the envelope so that they can call me when it gets here. I said 'Okay sir'. I hope honorable told you? he said, I'll be using that account to collect my share for the next 2 years and you too will be getting yours in your account. If they appoint us again after 2 years, then you'll collect for 4 years. Okay? I said Yes Sir.
After walking few steps, I remembered all the stories I have heard about Aba city and 419. At this point I woke Up FULLY and Finally. I stopped picking both the honorable and SA numbers, who both called back severally.

I was saved!
But up till today, I still wonder who they were, are they my close friends? what was their ENDGAME? What were they planning?
Re: In 24hrs...how I Was Saved From Aba 419 by HungerBAD: 2:10am On Jul 22, 2016
I am guessing they are Kidnappers.

I am just putting 1 and 1 together. What they needed was not you or your money,but where money can be paid into and they can be able to withdraw it with your ATM card.

And you will be the one to be arrested. Check this out,they Kidnap somebody and request for money. They give your account for the money to be paid in.

Don't know how much the limit for daily withdrawal is. But they tell the family of the kidnapped,give us a week to collect all the money from the account before we release your loved one.

They follow the instructions.

Then after that you get bursted,even if you are innocent.
I am just thinking that will be their plans,or why would they need a bank card without plenty of money in it?

7 Likes

Re: In 24hrs...how I Was Saved From Aba 419 by drsugar: 2:22am On Jul 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

I guessed as much too. Those guys ehn!
Re: In 24hrs...how I Was Saved From Aba 419 by histemple: 2:43am On Jul 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

I am just putting 1 and 1 together. What they needed was not you or your money,but where money can be paid into and they can be able to withdraw it with your ATM card.

And you will be the one to be arrested. Check this out,they Kidnap somebody and request for money. They give your account for the money to be paid in.

Don't know how much the limit for daily withdrawal is. But they tell the family of the kidnapped,give us a week to collect all the money from the account before we release your loved one.

I am just thinking that will be their plans,or why would they need a bank card without plenty of money in it?

You just nailed it.

2 Likes

Re: In 24hrs...how I Was Saved From Aba 419 by Poorboy: 3:00am On Jul 22, 2016
histemple:

You just nailed it.
where the nail bro
Re: In 24hrs...how I Was Saved From Aba 419 by YOUNGELDER1(m): 4:00am On Jul 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

well said bro. def kidnappers.
op thank your God.

1 Like

Re: In 24hrs...how I Was Saved From Aba 419 by drsugar: 7:52am On Jul 22, 2016
YOUNGELDER1:

well said bro. def kidnappers.
op thank your God.

Na to thank God ooo. It would have been a seasonal film wey person no go finish watching for-life.
Re: In 24hrs...how I Was Saved From Aba 419 by histemple: 10:15am On Jul 22, 2016
Poorboy:
where the nail bro

The nailing was so perfect that you can't see the nail.

(1) (Reply)

GTB Account Owners Watchout For This E-mail I Just Received. / PHOTOS: Father Accuses Children Of Witchcraft, Nails Them To The Cross / Dangote Truck Intercepted In Edo Carrying A Full Load Of Marijuana Worth Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.