Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Basic Requirements For Starting A Non-oil Export Business In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Basic Requirements For Starting A Non-oil Export Business In Nigeria (1137 Views)

Contemporary Step-by-step Guide To Non-oil Products Export Business / How I Started My EXPORT Business With ZERO Initial Capital / Start Agriculture And Export Business , Get Your Soft Copy For Free!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Basic Requirements For Starting A Non-oil Export Business In Nigeria by Neduzze5(m): 9:31am On Jul 22, 2016
Non-Oil Export commodities refer to those products that are not related to crude oil. Most non-oil products include Bitter Kola, Honey, Snail, Garri, Beans Flour, Soybeans, Groundnut, etc. Before an intending exporter can venture into the exportation of non-oil products out of Nigeria, certain basic requirements must have been fulfilled. A knowledge of these are a necessity for a smooth running of this exportation business and also to ensure that the non-oil export products are not rejected at the point of entry into the foreign countries. Some of these requirements are listed below;

Carry out a survey: Before you can begin the exportation of any product out of Nigeria, there is the need to conduct an investigation so as to be well aware of the nitty-gritty of the whole exportation business. There are a few questions you must ask yourself and provide answers to. Some of them include;
Are there any products that are in high demand abroad but are readily available and can be easily sourced for here in Nigeria?
How can I quickly establish foreign contacts and customers for ease of sale of my export products?
What countries need my commodity in high demand?
What are the costs involved in exporting my products (export duties and levies)?
What means of transportation can I employ to successfully export my goods and shipping companies and cargo flights available for use in Nigeria?
If I am into perishable goods, can I afford to transport them via flight due to the expensive nature and with the knowledge that exporting them via ship would take a longer period?
Are there some regulations and requirements I need to fulfill before I start?

Once you can successfully answer these questions and draw up a plan, it would become easier for you when you enter into the business proper. Also, meeting up with people in the same line of business you wish to venture into is good as it would help you learn from their mistakes and successes.

Business Registration: This is another essential requirement that you need before you can venture into exportation of your products outside Nigeria. You can register your company with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Registering your business gives you some prestige and edge, and since you are dealing with foreigners, you need to be able to convince them of your originality. Also, since you are going into non-oil exportation business, you need to be registered with the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) and the NEPC requires your company to be registered with the CAC before you can begin exporting your non-oil products outside Nigeria. Registration with the NEPC costs about N11, 000 and takes between one and two weeks.
Clients and customers: The Export business does not require to travel across to the country you wish to begin shipping to except in cases where you want to open up a branch or a company there that would be responsible for receiving your export goods and selling them off on your behalf. Therefore, there’s likely a chance that you may not get to meet your clients or customers throughout the period of your business dealings. Also, getting customers becomes a problem due to this inability. One way by which you can get customers is by creating a professional website for your business and advertising it on search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. This helps bring visibility to your business as any searches on your product will come up on the internet.
Information: Apart from the survey which you need to carry out to gain more knowledge about the exportation business, you will need to be able to obtain access to a lot of information on variety of topics that would be helpful in the long run especially in the area of maximizing profit. Some of these information could be about the best country with the best rate for the exportation of the product you are into, the requirements by each country for the exportation of particular products, etc. This can be achieved by attending seminars, reading up news articles, visiting blogs and reading up information on them and meeting people in the same line of export with you.
A completed Form NXP issued to you by the Nigerian Customs Service.
A pro forma invoice: This is an estimated invoice sent by a seller to a buyer in advance of shipment or delivery of goods. Contained in this invoice are information such as the quantity of goods and their value prices, transportation charges, etc.
Any certificate of quantity which has been issued by the relevant agencies.
Necessary shipping documents such as a bill of lading, bill of exit, etc.

Source: http://exportbiznigeria.com/51-2/
Re: Basic Requirements For Starting A Non-oil Export Business In Nigeria by Neduzze5(m): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
Any Questions??
Re: Basic Requirements For Starting A Non-oil Export Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 7:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
According to the Federal Government drive to making the cost of doing business cheap in Nigeria, do you know that registering a business name, limited liability companies and other allied dealing with the Corporate Affairs Commission is now very easy & faster and can be done by the first directors, proprietors and trustees (promoters).
If you need assistance as regards the particulars of a proposed company, stamping of documents, pre-incorporation documentation, filing of incorporation documents, registration and incorporation, preliminary matters after incorporation (Company Seal, FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, Corporate Bank Opening) & Post incorporation (annual returns, changes in memorandum, removal or appointing directors, change of company name, increase in share capital).
We are also professionals in trademarks, patents, copyrights & special designs; NAFDAC registration, NIPC registration, NEPC registration and other government special registration, taxation (TCC, VAT & CIT returns) etc.
We have assisted over 200 hundred promoters, clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with our all inclusive corporate service. You can contact us for more information and inquiries via call or Whatsapp on 08107804290.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Drip Tape Urgently!!! / Dry Split Turmeric For Sale / Payfarmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.