Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Question To The Paypal Gurus - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Question To The Paypal Gurus (706 Views)

Question To Answer Community / Import Gurus Needed / ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question To The Paypal Gurus by akagson: 11:36am On Jul 22, 2016
Hello, PayPal guus. I have a quick question: We know that PayPal legally prohibits Nigerian PayPal account (not until few months ago when they made PayPal available for Nigeria, but on a very limited basis.)

So what of Nigerians who live in the USA. Can they operate a normal PayPal account that can receive funds?

Question 2: I have a USA PayPal account that I've never used before — whether to receive nor send. Someone created it for me a long time ago. I just logged into the account today and changed the password because I intend to start making use of the account. Pls, what are the safety measures to take? Can I continue logging into the account with my Nigerian IP without nothing happening?

I need answers to both questions. Thanks.
Re: Question To The Paypal Gurus by grass2grace247: 11:42am On Jul 22, 2016
My advice;

1. Do not use Nigerian IP, get a static or dedicated US VPN

2. Use just a browser always, avoid login in with multiple browser.

Nigerians in US can use the normal US paypal without issues.
Re: Question To The Paypal Gurus by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 22, 2016
1) Whether or not you live in USA, its not advisable to make use of a USA PayPal account as a Nigerian Citizen. There would come a time where PayPal may demand some additional information from you that ONLY a U.S Citizen can provide irrespective of where he/she is. E.g SSN, U.S Passport, U.S Bank Statement, U.S Tax Receipt, and so on.. So don't loose your money. You won't expect it. PayPal would suddenly demand it.

2) There is really no safety measure. Like i mentioned above, you might not have any problem for a year with the account but one day, probably when you just received a huge sum of a money, PayPal might just demand that huge document from you that you can NEVER provide. And that would be the end of not only your account but your huge sum of money.

*Talking from Experience*
Re: Question To The Paypal Gurus by akagson: 11:56am On Jul 22, 2016
grass2grace247:
My advice;
1. Do not use Nigerian IP, get a static or dedicated US VPN
2. Use just a browser always, avoid login in with multiple browser.
Nigerians in US can use the normal US paypal without issues.
Alright. Thanks. But how can I get the dedicated vpn or static vpn?
Re: Question To The Paypal Gurus by akagson: 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2016
coolsix:
1) Whether or not you live in USA, its not advisable to make use of a USA PayPal account as a Nigerian Citizen. There would come a time where PayPal may demand some additional information from you that ONLY a U.S Citizen can provide irrespective of where he/she is. E.g SSN, U.S Passport, U.S Bank Statement, U.S Tax Receipt, and so on.. So don't loose your money. You won't expect it. PayPal would suddenly demand it.

*Talking from Experience*

Wow.... So Nigerians in the US who would definitely have need for a PayPal account, how do they go about it?
Re: Question To The Paypal Gurus by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
akagson:

Wow.... So Nigerians in the US who would definitely have need for a PayPal account, how do they go about it?

The truth is, PayPal is not concerned about that. PayPal is doing their own business and as a result, they would do what they have to do.

And there are other alternative ways to receive money. It doesn't have to be PayPal. Its just like a bank, if you are not safe with Bank A or Bank A does not favor you, then you use Bank B. Its that simple. I use PayPal to send/make payments but when it comes to receiving i use other platforms that i know 100% Supports Nigerians and are safe. I don't have to stress myself on PayPal which can get blocked at any time.

The best thing is to wait, when PayPal completely supports Nigerians then you can use it to receive not taking risk. Ask the so-called PayPal gurus who use U.S PayPal as Nigerians, many have lost thousands of dollars to PayPal. So why take the risk? In this current economy where every money matters?
Re: Question To The Paypal Gurus by akagson: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
coolsix:

The truth is, PayPal is not concerned about that. PayPal is doing their own business and as a result, they would do what they have to do.

And there are other alternative ways to receive money. It doesn't have to be PayPal. Its just like a bank, if you are not safe with Bank A or Bank A does not favor you, then you use Bank B. Its that simple. I use PayPal to send/make payments but when it comes to receiving i use other platforms that i know 100% Supports Nigerians and are safe. I don't have to stress myself on PayPal which can get blocked at any time.

The best thing is to wait, when PayPal completely supports Nigerians then you can use it to receive not taking risk. Ask the so-called PayPal gurus who use U.S PayPal as Nigerians, many have lost thousands of dollars to PayPal. So why take the risk? In this current economy where every money matters?
Hmm... True. One can't risk losing money in this economy where every cent matters. But you said you use PayPal for payments. There got to be money in the account in the first place before you can make payments with it. So how does the money get to enter? Or you only started making use of PayPal few months ago? (judging from when PayPal unlocked the service for us Nigerians).
Re: Question To The Paypal Gurus by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
akagson:

Hmm... True. One can't risk losing money in this economy where every cent matters. But you said you use PayPal for payments. There got to be money in the account in the first place before you can make payments with it. So how does the money get to enter? Or you only started making use of PayPal few months ago? (judging from when PayPal unlocked the service for us Nigerians).

I can make Payments directly from my bank account or my credit card. I don't put funds in the account.

The paypal balance was designed to hold money received. Sending payments are from the credit card or bank account.

When I found out about the Nigerian supported paypal immediately I closed my U.s paypal account and migrated to the Nigerian one since its still the same thing I'm going to do(send only)

(1) (Reply)

Aviation Fuel Price May Force Airlines To Fly From Ghana / Importance Of Using A Haulage Service / The Next Big Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.