Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Which Is Better Working On Lagos Island Or On The Mainland? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Is Better Working On Lagos Island Or On The Mainland? (1125 Views)

Five Jobs That Require Working On Christmas Day. / Someone Working On The Island!!!... / I Need A Job Urgently In Lagos Island Or V/i Call(08099708880). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better Working On Lagos Island Or On The Mainland? by lagosbloga: 12:55am On Sep 16, 2009
Which of the two would you prefer to work on the Island while living on the mainland or to work and live on the mainland?
Re: Which Is Better Working On Lagos Island Or On The Mainland? by MyPeace(f): 9:43am On Sep 16, 2009
Apart from good companies with structured pay pattern e.g banks. 90% percent of private companies in mainland pay peanuts as salary,  Island pay better salary, thats where u have high calibre of companies, but if care is not taken u spend all on transportation fare.  Having worked on the two sides, l prefer Mainland (because l live in maindland), lf  l can get a good offer like what l have now -  l doubt if l can see that on the mainland though.  Therefore Island all the way, not minding the stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Re: Which Is Better Working On Lagos Island Or On The Mainland? by boomlogic(m): 11:53am On Sep 16, 2009
For me I will work in Mainland if I live in Mainland and I will also work in Island if I live in the Island.

The only reason I will work in any area I am not living is if there is provision for transport or the firm I am working with pays transport allowance.
Re: Which Is Better Working On Lagos Island Or On The Mainland? by MyPeace(f): 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2009
l should think every coy pay transport allowance. Blue chips coys are in the island, thats the 'koko' with better pay
Re: Which Is Better Working On Lagos Island Or On The Mainland? by 1forall: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2009
Depends where you stay and what arrangements are there for your transportation

(1) (Reply)

Be / Urgent pls NNPC Versus Other oil companies / 5 Myths About Nursing Profession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.