Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Grateful Patient And A Happy Doctor - Asthma Controlled For Years - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Grateful Patient And A Happy Doctor - Asthma Controlled For Years (605 Views)

Gonen Segev Runs Abuja Clinic Without Licence For Years / Friends Forcefully Bath Man In Public For Refusing To Bath For Years (Video) / Help My Palms Have Been Tearing For Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grateful Patient And A Happy Doctor - Asthma Controlled For Years by reflx(m): 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
I just had this chat with a patient i managed about 3 years ago. He had severe uncontrolled asthma and was a shy sad lad tired of the sleepless nights and was slowly giving up on life... in secondary school back then. Now he is a confident young man studying law.
Asthma may not be curable but can be effectively managed with improved quality of life.
Medical management also often includes a psychological component which should be addressed.
This has made my day!

Re: Grateful Patient And A Happy Doctor - Asthma Controlled For Years by nwaanambra1(m): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
its not just your medical degree that healed him, its the combination of your good human nature and humility. your patient was touched.

that human sympathy and humility is seriously lacking in our medical profession today - there is a total disconnect between our doctors and their patient. the doctors always feel like mini gods. they have lost that human touch and sympathy for their patient especially in government hospitals.

may God continue to abundantly bless you as you positively touch peoples lives.

1 Like

Re: Grateful Patient And A Happy Doctor - Asthma Controlled For Years by reflx(m): 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
Cc lalasticlala
Oya come celebrate good and life changing medical practice!
There are good doctors still out there making a difference
Mods ngwanu.

(1) (Reply)

The Secrets Of Staying Healthy / - / Health Zone: Why Suya Is Healthier With Beer — Scientists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.