Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

....... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ....... (931 Views)

Mitsubishi Is Changing The Way Cars Give Signals / Help With My 2001 Nissan Altima / Question About Mitsubishi Gallant 1998 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

....... by segemafia(m): 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
Re: ....... by abolore80(m): 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2016
Check if your thermostat is intact first. Gazzuz will come in for the rest. Cheers
Re: ....... by cokoduck: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
is the engine a GDI engine? And when you bring out the spark plug, what is it like?
Re: ....... by ckamal: 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
cokoduck:
is the engine a GDI engine? And when you bring out the spark plug, what is it like?

It's d 2.4ltrs version the plugs always comes out burnt i.e with some black stains at the head.The mechanic keeps telling me that it's the engine that is affecting the plugs and that it's Cos of the age of the engine..though it's the follow come and has never been changed..so he is now suggesting buying anew one or overhauling this current one.But I just need to be sure if that is the final solution.
Re: ....... by cocoduck: 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
ckamal:

It's d 2.4ltrs version the plugs always comes out burnt i.e with some black stains at the head.The mechanic keeps telling me that it's the engine that is affecting the plugs and that it's Cos of the age of the engine..though it's the follow come and has never been changed..so he is now suggesting buying anew one or overhauling this current one.But I just need to be sure if that is the final solution.
scan the car for any fault codes, it is missing fire, also tell your mech to do a power balance test, that is to say he should check the cylinders that is or are not contributing to the total engine power, for an engine to start and keep running there must be fuel, spark and compression (air), I highly recommend checking the spark because it usually does this.

(1) (Reply)

2007 Toyota Camry. Pls Help / Pls.i Need Help With My Driving! / Honest Peugeot 406 Diesel Engine Mechanic In Lagos Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.