Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Will Nigeria & Argentina Qualify For The World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Will Nigeria & Argentina Qualify For The World Cup (990 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) / How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will Nigeria & Argentina Qualify For The World Cup by sley4life(m): 2:24am On Sep 16, 2009
Argentina Will Qualify For The World Cup, Missing Out Would Be Horrible - Lionel Messi
'La Pulga' finally broke his silence about Argentina's deep struggles,
Sep 16, 2009 12:12:01 AM

Barcelona's Lionel Messi celebrates, but doesn't go over the top after scoring a wonder goal for his side against Malaga
Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi believes that despite their poor run of results, Argentina will qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
"We will be in the World Cup, the contrary would be horrible," said Messi, who spoke to France Football, after almost one week of silence.

Messi was questioned after disappointing performances in Argentina's World Cup qualifiers against Brazil and Paraguay last week. The Rosario-born player affirmed that Barcelona's tactical system can't be compared to that of Argentina's, which is much inferior. He continued, "It isn't the same [system] of Barcelona, neither the same team-mates, you can't compare both. I love the system of Barca, I'm used to it. We always play to attack, we are very offensive and I like that very much."

Finally, Messi admitted that he has to "improve tactically" and also his "way of taking free-kicks," and he concluded that one "can never settle down" but always try to improve.

http://goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2009/09/16/1503823/argentina-will-qualify-for-the-world-cup-missing-out-would

I feel Argentina is in same mess with Nigeria. Will Both qualify at the end of the day?
Re: Will Nigeria & Argentina Qualify For The World Cup by itosco2003(f): 7:42am On Sep 16, 2009
i dont think nigeria will qualify but argentina might do.
Re: Will Nigeria & Argentina Qualify For The World Cup by candylips(m): 10:38am On Sep 16, 2009
Argentina will but nigeria will not

(1) (Reply)

Whats A Fair Price For Yakubu? 1m Or 8m Pounds? / Exciting Reality Tv Show 'soccer's Next Pro' Debuts / Cameroon's Reserve Goal Keeper Drusilla Ngak Went Missing In London Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.