Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Donald's Trump's Rnc Acceptance Speech Last Night - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald's Trump's Rnc Acceptance Speech Last Night (965 Views)

Breaking: Jammeh Writes Acceptance Speech To Cede Power To Barrow, Barrow / Donald Trump's Acceptance Speech- 45th Us President / Full Text Of Donald Trump’s Acceptance Speech As US President-elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Donald's Trump's Rnc Acceptance Speech Last Night by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
Donald Trump made his bid for the presidency feel real on Thursday, urging Americans to propel him to the White House on a platform of crumpling up failing institutions and building new ones on the rubble.

Thousands of convention-goers cheered and shouted slogans: 'USA! USA!' and 'Build that wall!' – and a new one: 'Yes you will!' – as he read his script from a teleprompter and ad-libbed as he worked the crowd during the longest convention acceptance speech since 1972.

Entering to the theme song from the Harrison Ford movie ‘Air Force One,’ he heard wild cheers of ‘Trump! Trump! Trump!’ and accepted the nomination that America’s political establishment swore for a year and a half would be denied him.

More than an hour later, with balloons and confetti dropping and fireworks showing on giant video screens, the Republican presidential families – both those of Trump and of his running mate Mike Pence – joined him on stage.

In a 4,600-word speech to the Republican National Convention, the longest prepared text he's delivered since becoming a presidential candidate, Trump staked his claim on Americans' cravings for stability in a year full of terror attacks and anti-police ambushes.

'We will be a country of generosity and warmth. But we will also be a country of law and order,' he vowed, forecasting his residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington.

Trump spoke after his telegenic and composed daughter Ivanka, the face of his outreach to cautious and risk-averse female voters, introduced him.

'This is the moment, and Donald Trump is the person, to make America great again,' she said.

'He dug deeper, worked harder, got better and became stronger' in the face of challenges during the primary election season.

'Now I am seeing him fight for our country,' she said proudly.

The Cleveland convention, like his unconventional ride to victory over 16 GOP rivals, was a spectacle of Donald, a constant reminder of how he has left his mark on U.S. elections – and perhaps changed it beyond any chance of returning to America's pale, stale politics.

The four-day circus saw open warfare waged by anti-Trump forces, largely loyal to Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, who staged an attempted coup-by-rule book.

It saw a plagiarism scandal touched off by an aide who mistakenly spliced phrases from Michelle Obama's 2008 Democratic convention speech into one given by Trump's wife.

Her eyeball-popping public debut was marred by charges that made her both villain and victim.

It saw Trump himself making appearances every night, including one shining moment on stage with running mate Mike Pence that followed a low-altitude flyover in his custom Boeing 757 jet.

And it culminated with boos and catcalls for Cruz as the tea party senator abandoned a nearly year-old pledge to support whomever his party's rank-and-file chose to stage a pitched battle against Hillary Clinton, an ethically compromised former diplomat and first lady.

Trump himself couldn't have scripted a better reality TV show.

The 'Celebrity Apprentice' star wouldn't have it any other way, arguing that even accusations of word-theft lodged against would-be first lady Melania became good publicity for his gonzo campaign.

The millions of otherwise casually engaged voters who watched her speech to see what all the fuss was about made it so.

Like dozens of other gaffes, faux outrages and genuine missteps in the Trump chronicle, this one was a projectile dud that bounced harmlesslly off his diamond-tough armor.

'The attacks on our police, and the terrorism in our cities, threaten our very way of life. Any politician who does not grasp this danger is not fit to lead our country,' he said.

Midway through the speech, a protester tried to unfurl a banner that read: 'Build bridges, not walls.'

As law enforcement officers led her away, Trump riffed for an appreciative crowd: 'How great are our police? And how great is Cleveland?'
We will be a country of generosity and warmth. But we will also be a country of law and order

Trump continued his habit of blaming the status quo on President Barack Obama.

'The crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon, and I mean very soon, come to an end,' he boomed. 'Beginning on January 20th of 2017, safety will be restored.'

'The irresponsible rhetoric of our president, who has used the pulpit of the presidency to divide us by race and color, has made America a more dangerous environment than frankly I have ever seen, and anyone in this room has ever watched or seen.

'This Administration has failed America’s inner cities. Remember: it has failed America’s inner cities. It’s failed them on education. It’s failed them on jobs. It’s failed them on crime. It’s failed them in every way and on every single level.'

'We cannot afford to be so politically correct anymore,' he said. 'So if you want to hear the corporate spin, the carefully-crafted lies, and the media myths, the Democrats are holding their convention next week. Go there!'

Trump has staked his reputation, his truckloads of cash and his family name on a quixotic quest that still has one more towering hurdle – Hillary Clinton – standing between him and the Oval Office.

He brought a rhetorical steamroller to Cleveland, casting her as the principal reason the Middle East is in tatters, the ISIS terror army has found its way West, and American inner-cities are amped-up powder kegs.

He spoke for an hour and 15 minutes - 10 minutes longer than Bill Clinton's address at the 1996 Democratic Convention.

TRUMP THE POPULIST: 'I'M WITH YOU'

'I have had a truly great life in business,' Trump beamed. 'But now, my sole and exclusive mission is to go to work for our country – to go to work for you.'

Trump gouged at Democrat Hillary Clinton, who will accept her party's presidential nomination next week in Philadelphia.

'My opponent asks her supporters to recite a three-word loyalty pledge. It reads: "I'm With Her",' he mocked.

'I choose to recite a different pledge. My pledge reads: "I'm with you, the American people. I am your voice.'

'So to every parent who dreams for their child, and every child who dreams for their future,' he said, 'I say these words to you tonight: I am with you, I will fight for you, and I will win for you.'

'Every day I wake up determined to deliver for the people all across this nation that have been neglected, ignored, and abandoned.

'I have visited the laid-off factory workers and the communities crushed by our horrible and unfair trade deals.

'These are the forgotten men and women of our country. These are people who work hard but no longer have a voice.

'I am your voice.'

PLEDGING TO STEAMROLL 'RIGGED' SYSTEM

Trump also reinforced a central message about Clinton that has broken through to millions: that America's political system is 'rigged' by the power players he wants to depose.

'Nobody knows the system better than me,' he proclaimed, drawing knowing laughs.

'Which is why I alone can fix it!'

'Big business, elite media and major donors are lining up behind the campaign of my opponent because they know she will keep our rigged system in place,' he said.

'They’re throwing money at her because they have total control over every single thing she does. She is their puppet, and they pull the strings.'

He bashed Clinton on taxes, saying she 'plans a massive – and I mean massive! – tax increase' but 'I have proposed the largest tax reduction of any candidate who has declared for the presidential race this year – Democrat or Republican.'

'Middle-income Americans and businesses will experience profound relief, and taxes will be greatly simplified for everyone. I mean everyone.'

ON IMMIGRATION, THE ANTI-HILLARY

Americans want relief from uncontrolled immigration. Communities want relief. Yet Hillary Clinton is proposing mass amnesty, mass immigration, and mass lawlessness

Trump drew a stark line, too, between his aggressive posture toward illegal immigrants and Clinton's embrace of amnesties and refugees from Syria, whom he has claimed will be Trojan horses for terrorism.

'My plan is the exact opposite of the radical and dangerous immigration policy of Hillary Clinton,' he said.

'Americans want relief from uncontrolled immigration, which is what we have now. Communities want relief. Yet Hillary Clinton is proposing mass amnesty, mass immigration, and mass lawlessness.

'Her plan will overwhelm your schools and hospitals, further reduce your jobs and wages, and make it harder for recent immigrants to escape the tremendous cycle of poverty that they’re going through right now, and make it almost impossible for them to join the middle class.'

And he criticized her approach to energy policy, which focuses on wind, solar and other new technologies. Clinton has said she aims to force coal mines into obsolescence.

Trump, however, has won converts in Appalachia – and in key swing states Ohio and Pennsylvania – by defending fossil fuel extraction.

'We are going to lift the restrictions on the production of American energy,' he said Thursday. 'This will produce more than $20trillion in job creating economic activity over the next four decades.'

'My opponent, on the other hand, wants to put the great miners and steel workers of our country out of work and out of business – that will never happen when Donald J. Trump is president.'

'Our steelworkers and our miners are going back to work again!'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3702614/We-country-generosity-warmth-country-law-order-Donald-Trump-vows-rid-America-crime-violence-accepts-Republican-nomination-wild-applause.html

Re: Donald's Trump's Rnc Acceptance Speech Last Night by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
MEET THE TRUMP's

Re: Donald's Trump's Rnc Acceptance Speech Last Night by Juxtified(m): 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
President Trump is becoming a reality by the day

(1) (Reply)

Remembering 9/11 #SEPTEMBER11 In Pictures / New Gambian President Adama Barrow Relaxes With His "Look-alike" Wives. Photos / Trump Impeachment Is Looking Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.