Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,821 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Am I The Only One MTN Is Unjustly Deducting Their Data [Picture Proof] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Am I The Only One MTN Is Unjustly Deducting Their Data [Picture Proof] (743 Views)

Glo Increases Their Data Plans / Pls How Can I Send Data From One Mtn Number To Another Number / How To Deactivate All Etisalat Services To Stop Deducting Your Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Only One MTN Is Unjustly Deducting Their Data [Picture Proof] by nairamaverick(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2016
Earlier this week I was stunned on how I exhausted over 2.5GB data in less than a week. So this time I decided to monitor my data usage and I also decided to take advantage of their woow weekend bonus.

I recharged #1000(#500 twice) 12 am this morning. I got a total of 2GB(1GB each ) on both recharge for the woow weekend bonus. Before I did this I reset my data counter before this.

Now as writing this message my data usage shows I've used 164mb but my woow balance says I have 35mb left.

Same thing happened last week where I finished over 2.5 GB but cos I wasn't conscious of my data usage, I didn't report the issue. This isn't just on the bonus but on my data too.

I called customer care and the guy put me on hold for minutes but came back telling me he couldn't confirm my data usage

Picture 1: you notice my data reset was at 12 am this morning.

Picture 2: my data usage showing I used 164mb

Picture 3: my woow weekend balance showing I have 35mb left

Seun lalasticlacla please help push this to front page I can't be suffering in silence

Re: Am I The Only One MTN Is Unjustly Deducting Their Data [Picture Proof] by ITbomb(m): 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
This is what happened

If you look at this post on ityunit.com especially on the screenshot on the site,
http://www.ityunit.com/2016/07/mtn-wow-data-2-gb-for-n500-for-7-days.html

You will notice the emphasis on ABOVE N500
I talked to one of them and was made to understand the word trick, anything between N200 and N500 is 100 mb, so if you want your 1 gb, find a way and recharge above N500 ie from N510 (if possible) up.

Solution? Next time get a N750 card or better still recharge N550 or N600 on quickteller or your bank

You may go ahead and cry all day but it is a clever word trick that you can't charge them with falsehood
Re: Am I The Only One MTN Is Unjustly Deducting Their Data [Picture Proof] by annacheem: 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
mtn and their scams
Re: Am I The Only One MTN Is Unjustly Deducting Their Data [Picture Proof] by nairamaverick(m): 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
MTN customer care agent told me that he uses 4.5GB for 4 days checking Instagram, Facebook and replying whatsapp messages on his phone. Well I don't have Instagram and I hardly open videos on Facebook.
Re: Am I The Only One MTN Is Unjustly Deducting Their Data [Picture Proof] by nairamaverick(m): 6:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
ITbomb:
This is what happened

If you look at this post on ityunit.com especially on the screenshot on the site,
http://www.ityunit.com/2016/07/mtn-wow-data-2-gb-for-n500-for-7-days.html

You will notice the emphasis on ABOVE N500
I talked to one of them and was made to understand the word trick, anything between N200 and N500 is 100 mb, so if you want your 1 gb, find a way and recharge above N500 ie from N510 (if possible) up.

Solution? Next time get a N750 card or better still recharge N550 or N600 on quickteller or your bank

You may go ahead and cry all day but it is a clever word trick that you can't charge them with falsehood

But why did they credit me with 2GB initially?

I just confirm what you said, correct! You the Bomb!
Re: Am I The Only One MTN Is Unjustly Deducting Their Data [Picture Proof] by sixtusjr(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
The gave me 1Gb on recharge of 1k on Wednesday, am still using the 1GB

Re: Am I The Only One MTN Is Unjustly Deducting Their Data [Picture Proof] by nairamaverick(m): 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
sixtusjr:
The gave me 1Gb on recharge of 1k on Wednesday, am still using the 1GB

I understand better now
Re: Am I The Only One MTN Is Unjustly Deducting Their Data [Picture Proof] by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
@op, u were given 200mb and not 2gb because u recharged 500 at a go. U only get 1gb wow data if u recharge above 500 at once. So Mtn did not scam u.

(1) (Reply)

Dell XPS 12 Intel I7 8GB RAM Tablet Laptop Convertible Great Conditon No Reserve / Who Has This Problem Using Android Google Chrome? / Fancy Joining A Whatsapp Group Called The HOUSE OF FUN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.