Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,313 members, 7,867,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

One Chinese And Nigerian Arrested In Lagos For Smuggling - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Chinese And Nigerian Arrested In Lagos For Smuggling (354 Views)

30-Year-Old Nigerian Arrested In India For Trafficking Cocaine, Hard Drugs. PICS / EFCC Declares Two Chinese And A Nigerian Wanted For N150 Million Fraud (PHOTO) / Nigerian Arrested In India With Drugs Worth N161 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Chinese And Nigerian Arrested In Lagos For Smuggling by phenase(m): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
The National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has apprehended a Chinese, Zhao Chum, and a clearing agent, Christian Ohia, for allegedly smuggling unregistered and controlled chemicals into the country.
According to Punch, the Ports Inspection Directorate of NAFDAC got information that the substance (Urea Formaldehyde Resin powder) was smuggled into the country in two containers through the Lagos Sea Port.
The substance was then transferred to Chum’s furniture company in Ogun state where it was impounded and brought to NAFDAC office in Oshodi, Lagos.
NAFDAC handed over Chum and Ohia to the Lagos state police command.
Chum said that the substance is used to hold furniture together.
“This glue is from China. Everyone can buy it. I am not an importer. I gave this job to an agent. The agent did not tell me anything. NAFDAC people came to look for the agent. After arresting him, they arrested me too. You can come to my factory and see what I use the substances for. It is to hold furniture together,” he said.
However, the acting Director-General of NAFDAC, Yetunde Oni said that the substance was impounded because its importation is controlled and can be use to make explosives.
“The substance is now in NAFDAC’s warehouse. The director of the company, Zhao Chum, and his clearing agent, Christian Ohia, have been arrested. They are assisting NAFDAC to unravel the supply chain,” Oni added.
Source:
HEADLINES : http:///29TGSNA
Re: One Chinese And Nigerian Arrested In Lagos For Smuggling by HungerBAD: 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
Good.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

3 Bads Guys Arrested For Stealing Motorcycle / Nigeria Media Reality / Fed Govt Pleads With Indonesia Over Execution Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.