Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,613 members, 7,823,667 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Marginalization Of Edo State In Buhari's Appoinment A - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marginalization Of Edo State In Buhari's Appoinment A (745 Views)

Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / INEC Announces Results Of Edo Governorship Election: Live Updates / Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marginalization Of Edo State In Buhari's Appoinment A by Felosa(m): 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2016
OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT MOHAMMADU BUHARI.

Attention: Secretary to Government of the Federation.

Mr president sir, I am delighted to openly write you this letter on behalf of the good people of Edo State. Ordinarily, I would have decided to keep quiet because members of my party will say i have joined the wailing wailers(PDP) and the PDP members will also say, did we not tell you! , but as a person who does not always want to remain silent in the time of injustice, I am forced to write you this letter believing it will get to you in good faith.

There are so many current national issues that is worrisome to me, but for now i am only writing you this one to draw your attention to the way you have sidelined Edo State in teams of appointment into key position in this your Government. I want to quickly remind you in case you have forgotten that Edo State was the only South South State that gave you more than 25% votes in your election and Edo State is also the State where the National chairman of our great party came from. It is quite unfortunate despite all the supports you got from our beloved State you have not deemed it fit to appoint any of our son or daughter into any key position. In your appointment of ministers you never considered even given us a full ministerial slot but rather a junior minister. Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Rivers can boast of one or more key position, but Edo State where you got the highest votes cannot boast of one single key appointment . It was shocking to me yesterday to realise that in your appointment of NDDC board chairman and Managing Director, you did not deem it fit to consider one Edo son or daughter but rather you gave the two to cross River. More surprising, was the appointment of Senator Ndoma Egba who defeated to the party from PDP after the election. Is this decision fair to all other party members who hitherto gave you all their supports from the beginning to the end? Well, that is not the crux of this letter but a matter for another day.

I will not want to accept the fact that it is because the National chairman of the party came from Edo State. It is an irrefutable fact that the position of the National Chairman is not a political position. If your own State Katsina can be considered for key appoinments, why will ordinary party National chairman be a factor? If Lagos that produced the vice president can be boasting of key appointments,why Edo State? Infact, if Asiwaju Tinubu, Rotimi Amaech, Timipre Silva and host of other party leaders can boast of one or two persons they have recommended for appoinment or two position, it will be unfair to realise that the National chairman can not boast of one single person that he has recommended and has been approved by you. Is it because our son is too quiet or loyal? Maybe we will have to tell him to resign since he has no voice or influence to agitate and lobby for anything for his people. Let me also quickly remind you sir that Edo State has one of the best brains and credible personalities in the Country,therefore qualification and credibility is not the issue.

We are very much aware there are countless of appointments that have not been made, the truth is that delay defeats equity. You cannot run this government alone, hence you must trust people enough to work with you. Time is going and party leader and members are not happy.

I have so much on key national issues bothering me, i would have liked to bring to your attention, but for now i have to start with the marginalization of Edo State in your appointments so far because that is my primary constituency. I hope you will act on this my observation and make it reflect in your next appointments.

I wish you well in all your endeavors and I pray may the Almighty God continue to give you the strength, wisdom and grace to pioneer the affairs of Nigeria.

Thanks for your usual understanding and kind consideration.

Best regards.

Signed:
FELIX OSEMWENGIE ISERE( Esq)

President and Founder
Truth and Justice Vanguard.(08058493322)

CC

The National Chairman and members of the APC NWC

The National Assembly members from Edo State.

The Federal Character Commission

Edo State Governor

Re: Marginalization Of Edo State In Buhari's Appoinment A by Flexherbal(m): 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
Mr Lai will take your message to the president.
Re: Marginalization Of Edo State In Buhari's Appoinment A by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
nice letter. i support the letter.
John Odigie oyegun d chairman of APC should step up. He is not representing Edo state well enough
Re: Marginalization Of Edo State In Buhari's Appoinment A by AkpanUnanam(m): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2016
Buhari have forget those that started apc with him and goes for pdp pretenders that claim to be in apc.....don't worry wait for them to betray him.
Re: Marginalization Of Edo State In Buhari's Appoinment A by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
Felosa now wailing? shocked shocked. The way this guy carry Oshiomhole/APC for head during our school days in AAU, Ekpoma na only God know. You're part of the reason we're suffering cos you voted for Change, so shut the hell up and let's endure together
Re: Marginalization Of Edo State In Buhari's Appoinment A by EdoBoy90(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hungry Lawyer. charge and bail lawyer. Hullabaloo lawyer. AAU boy. I know am for AAU well well

(1) (Reply)

Latest Undp Report On State Poverty In Nigeria! Jeez / Katsina State Distributes Goats Worth N104 Million To Women For Empowerment / LAMATA, Japan To Build $1bn Lagos Urban Rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.