Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,463 members, 7,864,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

How To Start Making Money Taking Photo - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Start Making Money Taking Photo (468 Views)

How To Make Money Taking Photos With Your Smartphone / Become A Data Bundles Dealer And Start Making Good Money / Become A Data Bundles Dealer And Start Making Good Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Making Money Taking Photo by kellyjoesteve: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2016
I feel very bad whenever i over heard people complaining of not making money or don't have anything doing. Yet the same set of people end up buying phones of N25,000, to N30,000. And you still come out proudly shouting on top of your voice that you don't have anything doing. Okay then maybe you are not aware that photo blogging or taking photographs still pays. Though this very job (Taking Photo) may not
make you rich quick but believe me it can pay bills. Indeed Shutterbugs, this one’s for you. If you have a decent camera (no, your iPhone doesn’t count), a basic understanding of photographic principles and experience with photo-editing programs, you could earn money taking photos.

Whether you’re keen to start a side business as a portrait photographer, would like to capture memories as a wedding photographer, or simply want to sell your pictures through a stock photography website, earning money as a photographer is a popular side hustle.
If you’re pursuing the portrait business, find clients through word-of-mouth and by posting an online portfolio on your own website or on Flickr.

Breaking into the wedding business can be challenging, but start with word-of-mouth for that as well. Ask friends who are getting married whether their photographer could use a second shooter, or offer to spend a few hours taking engagement photos they can use on their wedding websites.
For stock photography, look into the submission guidelines on microstock websites like istockphoto.com or shutterstock.com and check out the advice for beginners on Everything Microstock.

How much can you make?
As a family portrait photographer, Susan Shain charged $100 per session, which involved about three hours of work, though she noted this was for friends and family. “I haven’t pursued this as a serious side business, but if I did, I’d probably charge a lot more.”

Wedding photographers charge a wide range of prices depending on location, experience, style and demand. A full-day wedding shoot in Whistler, Canada could cost between $1,500 and $6,500, and photographer JP Danko estimates that high-end wedding photographers can charge $9,000 or more per wedding.

Stock photography websites often pay between 15 and 50 cents per photo sold, though some photos can sell for up to $60, according to Pop Photo. http://careinsure..com.ng/2016/07/how-to-start-making-money-taking-photo.html

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Help / Hospitality Vacancy / What Job Offer Is Best To Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.