Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil (794 Views)

Nigeria Vs Honduras: Rio 2016 Olympics 3rd Place (3 - 2) On 20th August 2016 / Rio2016 Olympics: Nigeria Vs Germany - 0 - 2 On 19th August 2016 / Rio2016 Olympics: Nigeria Vs Denmark 2 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by NavierStokes(m): 12:32am On Jul 23, 2016

Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil – Athletes that wish to represent Nigeria at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, would have to get there on their own.

According to track athlete Regina George, the country informed all athletes that they'd have to pay their way to the Olympics, promising to refund them later.

Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil
George, who can not undertake the costs on her own because of financial constraints, opened a GoFundMe page for fans and citizens to donate to help her reach the Olympics.

She wrote on the page: β€œTo all my family friends and fans thanks for being here for me through the good times and bad times. This year it's been hard financially for me but it wouldn't have been possible without your support. I just been told that we will have to pay our own way to the Olympics this year . Sadly this is such short notice for me to come up with the money. They also promised a refund but I'm still waiting for many refunds promised in the past. I been through a lot of obstacles this year and through it all I made my SECOND Olympic team. I don't want to stop now after I earned a spot to represent my country in the Olympics. Any donation will help my situation. This will not go unnoticed and I'm truly grateful for my supporters.”

Source: http://www.nigeriannation.com/nigerian-daily-news/rio-2016-olympics-nigeria-tells-athletes-to-find-their-own-way-to-brazil.aspx

Setting a new low everyday is the number one task of this government.

1 Like

Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by Ekugbeh(m): 12:37am On Jul 23, 2016
Really? Aww....
This is bad.
If you (FG) can't source funds for them then how are they gnna get funds.

I think the NOC should take a loan from any bank, if they know they are gnna make refunds as they have promise and pay later, it's still same thing instead of the other way round.
I smell scam here.

1 Like

Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by SamMilla1(m): 12:40am On Jul 23, 2016
This is proving to be the worst government in the history of Africa.
I think this Buhari came for revenge against everything not dominated by Fulani people.

Yes, thats whether you like it or not, your President cares nothing about anything that has no Fulani names written all over it.

As soon as he was sworn in as President, one Ahmed Musa became the Super Eagles captain, indiscriminately replacing Enyeama, the most decorated Nigerian goalkeeper and jumping ahead of Mikel Obi who played for Eagles many years before he came. We saw it as nothing but now it's clear.

This is the same man that imports grass for cattle from the same Brazil.

Thats why he created one useless TSA to pack all Nigeria's money in one place and make everybody beg for food. It's happening already.
And the slaves said this is democracy

2 Likes

Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by Alleybuy(m): 12:40am On Jul 23, 2016
Sai barber

2 Likes

Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by AxeurdaddyIX: 1:03am On Jul 23, 2016
Ahahahahahahah. This is just ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by RZArecta(m): 1:34am On Jul 23, 2016
Congealed change grin rotten and dilapidated change tongue
Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by tit(f): 1:40am On Jul 23, 2016
nice one.
Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by Alleybuy(m): 1:52am On Jul 23, 2016
lalasticlala oo
Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by Osgilliat(m): 2:40am On Jul 23, 2016
Who Olympics Don epp? Must it be written on the four corners of Nigeria walls that we are broke?
Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by NavierStokes(m): 7:42am On Jul 23, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlala semid4lyfe honeric01
Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 23, 2016
This is very very bad. Sickening, I must say.

Things like this at times make me wish I wasn't born in this zoo and hellhole called Nigeria.
Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by NavierStokes(m): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2016
You spend your money to travel to represent your own country on the premise that you will be reimbursed by "you know who", what then happens to accommodation on getting there, if someone (heavens forbid) contracts the zika virus while there, I will make hold to say you are on your own, cos I don't see this as a government that would have factored in any 1 naira for the health or welfare of the athletes.
Re: Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigeria Tells Athletes To Find Their Own Way To Brazil by Alleybuy(m): 9:28am On Jul 23, 2016
Let this get to the appropriate publicity level b4 they crush the dreams of an underprivileged olympian

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho..not So Special? / New Betting Strategy Discovered / Nigerian Rower Through To Final In Rio 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.