Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State (23598 Views)

Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" / Farmer Hit By A Fired Gas Canister During Chaos In Aba (Graphic Photos) / Policeman Watching As Nassarawa Lawmakers Fight (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by djlaqua91(m): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2016
This OP is funny. A man doesn't have a right to protest his rights? Why would they burst his tires? If you're into trailer business, you will know the costs of changing tires and loss of man hours. Which one is Hausa people? Because they speak Hausa in Nasarawa doesn't make it a Hausa state. Stop all this tribalistic cr*p please. Nigeria has problems but they're 3 sides to a story. Sorry for your delay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by JOOHEL: 10:09am On Jul 23, 2016
beautycrush24:
They've finally removed the vehicles from the road.

They came to d resolve that EVERY vehicle MUST pay N500 to d truck driver after delaying us for over 4 hours. Thereby encouraging the useless fool to do d same thing tomorrow.

Our nation has failed!

I don't get this ya story

u said its 1 am and the time u typed this msg shows 2 am.. so how the four hours take waka?

1 am + 4 hours should be around 5 am

hmmm

this ur story be as e get

sorry get as e be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by beautycrush24(f): 10:29am On Jul 23, 2016
I woke up to so many hate comments directed at me. Lol....una try. I have so many things to say to you guys but i've decided not to.

I didnt write this story to gather pity. I wrote it cos i was pained.

D fact that i'm a corper does not mean i'll chose to be blind to the facts.

Y'all should have yourselves a lovely day. I'm safe on my bed now.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by Coolgent(m): 10:29am On Jul 23, 2016
beautycrush24:
It's 01:01am and here I am stuck in the road looking really worn out in my khaki all in the name of obeying the clarion's call.

I have never seen a country as lawless as Nigeria.

I'm on my way from makurdi to abuja and got to a certain place at Lafia at about 9:43pm to meet a standstill. After further enquiry, we learnt that this standstill was caused by one uneducated trailer driver who had an encounter with the police and had his tyre bursted.

In vengeance, he parked his trailer across the road and declared a roadblock. His fellow 'hausa' people from nowhere joined him and blocked the road further with their vehicles.

We've been here for over 3hours and nothing has been done about it. The police has come and gone, the area commander has come and gone and still NOTHING!

When will our people grow? When will our country become a place to be proud of?

I sit here and all i can do is shake my head. I weep for this failed nation.

For those of you wondering why i didnt include pictures, there are some hoodlums here with knives and some other dangerous weapons looking for who to devour. I'm sure the sight of someone taking pictures would fire up their anger and i'm not ready to be the first casualty recorded here tonight.

Pray for Nigeria and pray for her people!

"I have never seen a country as lawless as Nigeria"
Which country u have visited before?
Shut your smelly mouth off!
You are disgrace to NYSC.
Tribal bigot
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2016
ifyalways:
OP, thank heavens you are safe now. You'd do well to ignore the trolls discrediting your story cos they want to sound " politically correct and living in la la land"

We realistic Nigerians understand your story and you are absolutely right ;This can only happen cos it's "their brothers "

One Nigeria my foot!
Your comment is just the plain truth!
I've been thinking of the most "civil" way to make a contribution to this topic, because if I should type what I really have in mind, the "mods" will probably give me a hefty ban.

Nigeria is a failed Nation.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by Bsc(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2016
you are very stupid for using the word uneducated Hausa driver..
you were sent to serve and your busy gallivanting and touring Nigeria.
Tanker drivers and big truck drivers, stand for each other in terms of distress or issue with police. they usually do that in all parts of nigeria when in conflict with police....
so dont say Hausa driver, use Nigerian truck drivers...

1 Like

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by hadukwu1007: 10:32am On Jul 23, 2016
I don't tink he blocked d road simply because he z an Hausa man..not all truckdrivers r hausas.truck drivers n police officers always engage in dz type of brawl ....dz same tin apened in Kaduna last yr just bfor u gt to Kawo wen i was on my way to lag, i experienced same @Okene road as well(thou its bn long)...as a fellow corps member, I expected u to educate d house on how our security agencies shud relate to civilians or truck drivers inorder to prevent reoccurrence..... Thank You n I wish u a hitch-free service year....North z not all dt bad d way me dey hear am ooo cos m enjoying my service in Katsina state..Shalom

1 Like

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by Tbagwell1(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2016
Nigerians, funny set of people, so the truck driver should just ignore what happen and move his truck so u lot can pass and he will be left to buy a new which is worth around 200k plus. This is not the 1st time it happening on that road and it won't be the last time so long as those useless police Continue to think with their d**k, how can you shot someone's tyre just b'cos he refuse giving u bribe. The last time it happen it took 3days b4 the road was cleared and the intervention of Senator George Akume whom paid 4 3 tyres allegedly shot by the policemen. And this was 3years ago. NB! Buhari was not the president 3 yrs ago. Peace

1 Like

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by silent10(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2016
Abagworo:

You are one of Nigeria's problem. Police shot at a truck driver which lead to a protest by fellow truck drivers and all you could deduce was his ethnic group. As a youth corper you are meant to sweep aside that mentality and integrate with other Nigerians for more cultural understanding. What if the driver shot was from your own ethnic group or even happens to be your blood relative? Change from tribalism for good.

u hv said it all. dnt mind d ethnic bigot, & she's a corper, smh. police & drivers wahala no b 2day e start, bt u wil mostly c it on d Media when it involves d Muslims or hausas.
Igbos re bloody hypocrites, yes they re bloody hypocrites
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by beautycrush24(f): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2016
JOOHEL:

I don't get this ya story

u said its 1 am and the time u typed this msg shows 2 am.. so how the four hours take waka?

1 am + 4 hours should be around 5 am

hmmm

this ur story be as e get

sorry get as e be

bros abeg go buy original watch wey dey work or u ask ur neighbour wetin be time

1 Like

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by silent10(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2016
Abagworo:

You are one of Nigeria's problem. Police shot at a truck driver which lead to a protest by fellow truck drivers and all you could deduce was his ethnic group. As a youth corper you are meant to sweep aside that mentality and integrate with other Nigerians for more cultural understanding. What if the driver shot was from your own ethnic group or even happens to be your blood relative? Change from tribalism for good.

u hv said it all. dnt mind d ethnic bigot, & she's a corper, smh. & trust her fellow bigots to support her 100% & quote everything u said rubbish. police & drivers wahala no b 2day e start, bt u wil mostly c it on d Media when it involves d Muslims or hausas.
Igbos re bloody hypocrites, yes they re bloody hypocrites.
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by nobsalis: 10:36am On Jul 23, 2016
Abagworo:

oga don't mind d ethnic bigot.....: one sided report.
Just labelled all d protesters as Hausa.
Too bad
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by stephenonyx(m): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=greatestman post=47802490]
te] stupid mumu like you wailing. Why will the hausa man have the gut to kill an Ibo man first. In Aba and expect vengeance not happen. Please stop defending what is not sane and pls try to re-educate ur people because they have totally lost it.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by nobsalis: 10:37am On Jul 23, 2016
beautycrush24:

what is dis one saying? Did i mention shooting anyone? Or u don't understand english?

U are d major problem of Nigeria. People like u who refuse to accept the fact that tribal war exists everywhere. How can we solve a problem when we have failed to acknowledge first that its a problem?

Wake up from your slumber. You're not here presently. So you have no idea what's happening. It's not a hidden fact that when an hausa man is in a fight, his 'brothers' come to his aid by fighting off d others regardless of whether he is d one at fault.

So mr 'know it all'.....i'm not a duns. I know exactly what i'm saying.

you are a comedian

2 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by stephenonyx(m): 10:39am On Jul 23, 2016
nobsalis:

oga don't mind d ethnic bigot.....: one sided report.
Just labelled all d protesters as Hausa.
Too bad

Ur head no correct atall

2 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by andyjagga: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Abagworo WIT ALL CONFIDENCE U R A BIG FOOL WER DID u hear shot at?...Aren't der beta ways to air grieviances than brandishing weapons & threaten cum causing innocent Pple havoc RECEIVE SENSE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by salissmg(m): 10:44am On Jul 23, 2016
Pavarottii:

No prob! Av a nice day and good morning. Leave those people. When buhari is finished with them they will locate their senses.
This lady copper saying bush about hausa,she's a disgrace to her public community. What's on earth an igbo man has to boost about? Nothing, apart from robbery,cocain dealers and somany other crimes. No be them the bring disgrace to our country at the international level, a very sectional people . If you talk of morality is those from the north not south. I no blame you, ur already a scrap to the nation. Very soon we would polute u out of the country to clean all ur latrin messes.
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by salissmg(m): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2016
salissmg:
This lady copper saying bush about hausa,she's a disgrace to her public community. What's on earth an igbo man has to boost about? Nothing, apart from robbery,cocain dealers and somany other crimes. No be them the bring disgrace to our country at the international level, a very sectional people . If you talk of morality is those from the north not south. I no blame you, ur already a scrap to the nation. Very soon we would polute u out of the country to clean all ur latrin messes.
u talk say u go school, I believe ur the type of igbo that pap their way to get certificate.
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by Nbote(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2016
AnanseK:

The fracas between commercial drivers and police happen regularly in lagos and in all parts of Nigeria , why is the OP Nbote desperate in making it look like a tribal issue, must you Nigerians always hate ?

And how exactly is blocking a major road with ur vehicle even long after d Police had left d scene and even eventually extorting money from every other vehicle plying d route while brandishing weapons a regular occurrence in Lagos and all parts of d country? Try and look for d tiniest part of U dat isn't looking for a tribal beef mayb den U'll see things for d way dey are... The mere fact dat most of U in reprimanding the OP for her tone in sharing d message still fail to clearly see the action of d driver/Drivers and his accomplices as very wrong is saddening and hypocritical from all of U criticizing d OP. Bunch of hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by Pavarottii(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2016
salissmg:

5 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by rash47(m): 10:51am On Jul 23, 2016
A simple social problen degenerated into an ethnic issue hen,op viewed it all from d beginning with a tribal lense i presume. We still need a genuine national conference in this country and i suggest it should start here on nairaland.
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by laparry12(f): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2016
greatestman:

Still I am disappointed at you, that is the mentality must of you people have about HAUSAS. I don't want to dabble into much argument, as earlier said you are disappointment to NYSC scheme as a whole. Sentiment has beclouded our reasoning, is it not in ABA one Hausa man killed an Igbo guy, the hausa guy was immediately killed by ABA boys. Sentiment, sectionalism, favouristism, Nepotism is a National problem. So you want to tell me things as such don't exist in your area if not worst? Be an agent of National integration, not scattering.
Ur being sentimental & sectional too nah. That e.g u gave of Hausa guy killing Igbo in Aba,does it sound right to u? can an Igbo man think of killing a Hausa in Kano,jigawa,katsina? D women killed in Kano, kubwa, how many were killed in retaliation? pls forget this line of argument bros.

4 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by legendte(m): 11:05am On Jul 23, 2016
beautycrush24:

what is dis one saying? Did i mention shooting anyone? Or u don't understand english?

U are d major problem of Nigeria. People like u who refuse to accept the fact that tribal war exists everywhere. How can we solve a problem when we have failed to acknowledge first that its a problem?

Wake up from your slumber. You're not here presently. So you have no idea what's happening. It's not a hidden fact that when an hausa man is in a fight, his 'brothers' come to his aid by fighting off d others regardless of whether he is d one at fault.

So mr 'know it all'.....i'm not a duns. I know exactly what i'm saying.

Even age no want help the man get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 11:17am On Jul 23, 2016
na the owners of Nigeria na. what do you expect when their brother is in power?
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by Onlymewakacum(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2016
Tbagwell1:
What is the current situation? Am in Lafia @ moment if you need any help, feel free to ask.

R u a uniform man? Wat help can u render?
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by engrolawei: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pavarottii:

Go and sleep niccur. If it was another tribe man, quote me anywhere. The police and Nigerian army would av come for his head in just a matter of minutes. Tell me where in d south u av seen such, cos police shot ur tire, u block road. Wen no be say the police shoot you. Who born u well to block road. This one the police head came and saw the hausa boys and left, army is no where to be found.
And this is the root of corruption- double morality. Where a section of people in a country are been treated differently from another section. U may feign ignorance to it. But that is the truth. Except u av not stayed in both part of the divide-(North and South).

And I ask u again, tell me who will born someone from the south well to blockroad cos they shot his tire.

People supporting this tribalism by the government to put d north ahead of the south. Will face their doom one day.

Quote me anywhere.
Even here in the south, these hausa demon infested truck drivers block the roads and road safety, police and army turn the other way because they are their brothers. As someone said earlier, Nigeria is a country and not a nation.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by Nely77(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
beautycrush24:
They've finally removed the vehicles from the road.

They came to d resolve that EVERY vehicle MUST pay N500 to d truck driver after delaying us for over 4 hours. Thereby encouraging the useless fool to do d same thing tomorrow.

Our nation has failed!

See the pitiable this country has found itself in because of mistake/desperation of certain people that cause by hatred for another. The country has failed into to. Someone should tell me that any Igbo man will do half of this without dying on the spot. Not only that he would die but all relatives and friends that would come out to complain would be made to join him. This country is not for all of us. It is for some selected tribes. Let us acknowledge the truth and stop pretending or deceiving ourselves.
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by zanebaddo(m): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
greatestman:

Still I am disappointed at you, that is the mentality must of you people have about HAUSAS. I don't want to dabble into much argument, as earlier said you are disappointment to NYSC scheme as a whole. Sentiment has beclouded our reasoning, is it not in ABA one Hausa man killed an Igbo guy, the hausa guy was immediately killed by ABA boys. Sentiment, sectionalism, favouristism, Nepotism is a National problem. So you want to tell me things as such don't exist in your area if not worst? Be an agent of National integration, not scattering.
be an agent of national integration.. Na so you love Nigeria reach cheesy comedians everywhere.. . Is Buhari and his cohorts one? Lol take your nysc and go broda all na trash

1 Like

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by saintdennis(m): 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
SamMilla1:
When someone said Nigeria is a Zoo, we called for his head.

If an Igbo man did this even in Onitsha, you would have seen the military men blazing out of the barracks as if a war is going on.

When someone calls igbos chimpanzees for being part of the zoo this long people will also call for his head.
Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by ojinuocheibi(m): 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
beautycrush24:
It's 01:01am and here I am stuck in the road looking really worn out in my khaki all in the name of obeying the clarion's call.

I'm on my way from makurdi to abuja and got to a certain place at Lafia at about 9:43pm to meet a standstill. After further enquiry, we learnt that this standstill was caused by one uneducated trailer driver who had an encounter with the police and had his tyre bursted.

In vengeance, he parked his trailer across the road and declared a roadblock. His fellow 'hausa' people from nowhere joined him and blocked the road further with their vehicles.

We've been here for over 3hours and nothing has been done about it. The police has come and gone, the area commander has come and gone and still NOTHING!

For those of you wondering why i didnt include pictures, there are some hoodlums here with knives and some other dangerous weapons looking for who to devour. I'm sure the sight of someone taking pictures would fire up their anger and i'm not ready to be the first casualty recorded here tonight.

you will never be proud of nigeria as long as we have muslims here in the country.

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Look at your name, ABAGWORO, stop gworo consumption and receive sense. idiot

2 Likes

Re: Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State by satowind(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
beautycrush24:

What are u doing dere. Is ur stubbornness cause u aren't suppose to travel 4 1 year ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayemi, Bisi Egbeyemi Get Certificates Of Return From INEC / Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs / Lagos Judicial Panel Oath Of Secrecy #EndSARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.