Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,288 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart (841 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better off Than Their Home Based Counterparts? / Is Life Really Better Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart by dayo1401: 10:57am On Sep 16, 2009
i guess this post might interest you just as it does to me, but honestly i am begining to wonder if its makes any sense to travel abroad in the guise of looking for greener pasture, or if, those that have gone are truly better than we here,
well, as you all know there is a mad rush for visa, and that has been going on for a while, the visa process is rigorous, expensive cos you have to tender a statement of account and at the end of the day after getting the visa and all of that, they go for year, between 5 to 10 years, and basically nothing to show for it, that thier nigerian counterpart here cannot achieve in nigeria
while over there, they shout, bills , and bills, and they have little to send home, schooling over there is ridiculusoly expensive, most people dont even venture into it, some that do, might be lucky, to get a job, but even at that, i dont see them beating a nigerian here with a good job home,
well honestly, i feel its only people with no hopes, in nigerian that should run to another man's land, i mean, no hope, ie, no qualification, nothing, because at the end of the day, it usually tougher than they anticipated,
just my personal view share your view, your friends, family member, neighbour, that were of the same level with you, that travel, five year, 10 years later are the really better than you,
i want to here your view fellow NL
Re: Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart by netotse(m): 11:04am On Sep 16, 2009
prepare to be attacked!
Re: Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart by justwise(m): 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2009
Your definition of abroad is too ambiguous , Ghana, Kenya, Somalia, Iraq, Pakistan, the UK, USA are all abroad.

Maybe u should compare Nigerians living in Europe to Nigerians back home, Nigerians living in Asia to Nigerians back home, Nigerians living in the West to Nigerians back home, etc. Define ur Abroad
Re: Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart by iice(f): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2009
Of course not! We pack shit abroad grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
iice:

Of course not! We pack shit abroad grin grin

hahaha, nice one
Re: Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart by dayo1401: 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2009
soory, lets restrict our self to us, and the whole europe
Re: Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart by JeSoul(f): 2:47pm On Sep 16, 2009
Some are better off and some aren't. Though I bet the percentage of "better off" will be skewed towards the abroad side.

Not all of us are packing like iice . . .  cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart by iice(f): 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2009
JeSoul:

Not all of us are packing like iice . . .  cheesy

You're in the processing department? grin

(1)

Migration Aware Presents An Interactive Session On Migration To Europe / X / 1 Mnth,3 Mnths And 2 Years U.s Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.