Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All (643 Views)

Investment Potential Of Agriculture “untapped” In Nigeria / 16 Business Ideas In Agriculture For Young Entrepreneurs / Problems Of Agriculture In Nigeria And Possible Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by thugluvfem(m): 8:33am On Jul 23, 2016
Agriculture is our lifestyle, our past and present. I look at Nigeria after
the Independence day Oct 1960, and I see agriculture.
I am writing to contribute my quota to the nations development. What would
be our loss if we start from the grass root which is agriculture.
In Nigeria, we have 36states and each of these states have lands that lie idle and fallow year in year out. why can't a programme and structure be put in place to encourage agriculture in the country through serving the nation. NYSC is a service to the Country but this graduates don't work for this money, some dont even have a place of primary assignnment yet they get paid throughout their service year. A facility has to be put in place to encourage each state
deploy graduates nationwide to farm for the country and the produce in each state should reduce cost of food nationwide. My point is, if a facility could be put in a place in Lagos/ ore or benin expressway where government have lands that lie idle. This same graduates would resume place of primary assignment in the farm. They cultivate and the produce are sold cheap to other states which invariably creates jobs, feed stomachs and reduces cost of food all around the country. Please youth lets make a difference in this country.
Whatever makes a man steal is due to his hungry belly, if food become cheap in this country. Thoughts of crime would reduce at a high speed. A poor man in the developed countries can have a three square meal with little money in the pocket. This can be achieved in our beautiful and blessed country.

Nairalanders, this is a chance to show the country what good we are made of. Lets increase the views and comments on this thread.
Then it would get to front page, more views and comments and restructured ideas from different people then we can let the nigerian government and the whole world no we can make a difference.

If you have a good channel of how this initiative could travel to right hands in government. Please do get in contact with me or share your contribution.

Nigerian Youth need a CHANGE

#youthsempoweringagriculture
#isupportthismovent
#Spreadtheword
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by thugluvfem(m): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2016
Waiting for comments
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by thugluvfem(m): 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
I would personally keep this post alive. I believe one day it would meet the front page requirement.
If you can still rephrase and rearrange this post to get views and if possible comment please do get to me asap
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by thugluvfem(m): 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2016
thugluvfem:
I would personally keep this post alive. I believe one day it would meet the front page requirement.
If you can still rephrase and rearrange this post to get views and if possible comment please do get to me asap

comments please
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by BusinessHub1: 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
56 views and no single comment except from op..hmmm #IsupportThisMovement
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by thugluvfem(m): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
BusinessHub1:
56 views and no single comment except from op..hmmm
#IsupportThisMovement

Little drop of water makes an ocean. No comments yet but i believe this thread would reach its goal someday. Hardwork pays and persistence is the wheel of success
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by BusinessHub1: 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
thugluvfem:

Little drop of water makes an ocean. No comments yet but i believe this thread would reach its goal someday. Hardwork pays and persistence is the wheel of success
Did u care to read my support for the movement at all?
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by thugluvfem(m): 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
BusinessHub1:

Did u care to read my support for the movement at all?

yes i did read ur support and im trying to encourage others through ur first comment.
The little drop of water is ur comment
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by thugluvfem(m): 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
thugluvfem:
Agriculture is our lifestyle, our past and present. I look at Nigeria after
the Independence day Oct 1960, and I see agriculture.
I am writing to contribute my quota to the nations development. What would
be our loss if we start from the grass root which is agriculture.
In Nigeria, we have 36states and each of these states have lands that lie idle and fallow year in year out. why can't a programme and structure be put in place to encourage agriculture in the country through serving the nation. NYSC is a service to the Country but this graduates don't work for this money, some dont even have a place of primary assignnment yet they get paid throughout their service year. A facility has to be put in place to encourage each state
deploy graduates nationwide to farm for the country and the produce in each state should reduce cost of food nationwide. My point is, if a facility could be put in a place in Lagos/ ore or benin expressway where government have lands that lie idle. This same graduates would resume place of primary assignment in the farm. They cultivate and the produce are sold cheap to other states which invariably creates jobs, feed stomachs and reduces cost of food all around the country. Please youth lets make a difference in this country.
Whatever makes a man steal is due to his hungry belly, if food become cheap in this country. Thoughts of crime would reduce at a high speed. A poor man in the developed countries can have a three square meal with little money in the pocket. This can be achieved in our beautifull and blessed country.

If you have a good channel of how this initiative could travel to right hands in government. Please do get in contact with me:

Alabi Folorunsho Olufemi
or share your contribution.

Nigerian Youth need a CHANGE

#youthsempoweringagriculture
#ISupportThisMovement
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by thugluvfem(m): 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
thugluvfem:

yes i did read ur support and im trying to encourage others through ur first comment.
The little drop of water is ur comment

Spread the word, its starts with you.
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by thugluvfem(m): 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
Let me shed more light on this initiative in a practical view.

Jan 1st 2017; Nigeria government erected agricultural facilities and structures in each state of the country. Every youth corper would be posted to serve the country by being a farmer for 1year and after then. Each corper has a time of resumption and departure from the facility. Local crops and plants are grown and this same corpers are responsible for cultivating this crops when due. All harvests are sold to the local communty at a cheaper price due to its massive availabilty. This same facility would house millions of unemployed youths. Each state would reduce its dependence on other states due to its rise in agricultural produce.
This would help to reduce dependence on imported crops and even more crops would be available for production of other foods.
Re: Unlock Potential Of Agriculture For Common Good Of All by thugluvfem(m): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
thugluvfem:
Let me shed more light on this initiative in a practical view.

Jan 1st 2017; Nigeria government erected agricultural facilities and structures in each state of the country. Every youth corper would be posted to serve the country by being a farmer for 1year and after then. Each corper has a time of resumption and departure from the facility. Local crops and plants are grown and this same corpers are responsible for cultivating this crops when due. All harvests are sold to the local communty at a cheaper price due to its massive availabilty. This same facility would house millions of unemployed youths. Each state would reduce its dependence on other states due to its rise in agricultural produce.
This would help to reduce dependence on imported crops and even more crops would be available for production of other foods.

this same corpers would generate revenue for the government in order to hasten payments of their allowees

(1) (Reply)

Dried Salted Donkey Skin For Sale / ? / Nitrogen Free Fertilizer Is Available For Delivery To Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.