Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,346 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Universal Modem Authenticate And Disconnects - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Universal Modem Authenticate And Disconnects (5412 Views)

Help!!! My Universal Modem Is Extra Slow / Airtel Modem Disconnects After 5mins / Please Help!!! My Game Pad Disconnects And Re Connects Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Universal Modem Authenticate And Disconnects by Jessicha(f): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
Good afternoon, I bought a new HSPDA modem on Thursday and ever since I did the set up , it refuse to connect.

yesterday , I gave it to a friend of mine in the morning to test on her own laptop and she told me it connects fine. that she even surf Facebook ( am not there , due to work .. But I would have told her to do the setting on my system, but there isnt Electric power at that moment . My system is a flat screen desktop )

it displays network signal, but it doesn't connect when I used it, it just say authenticating... , then few minutes later , disconnected! , is there any setting am missing ? am using an MTN sim.

Re: Universal Modem Authenticate And Disconnects by Flyer20: 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
Jessicha:
Good afternoon, I bought a new HSPDA modem on Thursday and ever since I did the set up , it refuse to connect.

yesterday , I gave it to a friend of mine in the morning to test on her own laptop and she told me it connects fine. that she even surf Facebook ( am not there , due to work .. But I would have told her to do the setting on my system, but there isnt Electric power at that moment . My system is a flat screen desktop )

it displays network signal, but it doesn't connect when I used it, it just say authenticating... , then few minutes later , disconnected! , is there any setting am missing ? am using an MTN sim.

check your settings, the APN, ensure its web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net. or better still, select Mtn from the list of networks and save as default. if problem persist, uninstall the software and re install.

1 Like

Re: Universal Modem Authenticate And Disconnects by Jessicha(f): 9:34am On Jul 28, 2016
Flyer20:

check your settings, the APN, ensure its web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net. or better still, select Mtn from the list of networks and save as default. if problem persist, uninstall the software and re install.

Thanks so much, I later realized MTN is poor in my environment , am using Airtel now and it connects in seconds.
Re: Universal Modem Authenticate And Disconnects by timifaithus(m): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2021
Jessicha:

Thanks so much, I later realized MTN is poor in my environment , am using Airtel now and it connects in seconds.

I'm facing the same issue o

(1) (Reply)

My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging / What Is The Difference Between Intel Core 2 Duo And Amd Turion Core 2 Duo? What / Compaq Presario C700 Recovery Disc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.