Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,747 members, 7,862,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:53 PM

Touts(agberos) And The Upsurge In Crime In Nigeria. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Touts(agberos) And The Upsurge In Crime In Nigeria. (500 Views)

Student Beaten To Death By Touts In Kaduna - Twitter User (photos) / Police Catch Touts Collecting Fees At Newly Commissioned Layby In Lagos / Touts Destroy BRT Buses At CMS, Lagos, This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Touts(agberos) And The Upsurge In Crime In Nigeria. by Adadio: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
I keep wondering why motor park touts are allowed to operate in Nigeria.Could it be because most transport companies are owned by individuals and not government.In my first visit to the USA some years ago I took a train from New York(Amtrak) to Boston.On my return Journey I boarded a Grey Hound bus or something.At no time during the trips did I come across a single tout.Why are things different here.Why should government abdicate its responsibity of providing means of movement for its teeming population?
Thugs from motor garages are also empowered by many State Governors,hence their boldness.I read about one notorious one in Ondo State called Ade Basket,who is said to be on the payroll of the state governor.There was also one notorious one in Ibadan named Tokyo or Takyo.
How do we eliminate the scourge of thugs ,Agbero or ochor Passenger(ochongaloko) from our country?

1 Like

Re: Touts(agberos) And The Upsurge In Crime In Nigeria. by Domislaz(m): 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
No one desires to be a tout or "Agbero." but there seems to be an impossibility of a better offer so folks resort to these things. As long as the rate of unemployment is on the high, those people will still be around for a long time. It's sad that we have the deal with these verminous systems.

2 Likes

Re: Touts(agberos) And The Upsurge In Crime In Nigeria. by Adadio: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
Domislaz:
No one desires to be a tout or "Agbero." but there seems to be an impossibility of a better offer so folks resort to these things. As long as the rate of unemployment is on the high, those people will still be around for a long time. It's sad that we have the deal with these verminous systems.
It is really really sad.That is why I have my fears on the workability if the new Lagos law on Omo Oniles and Street trading.Oh!What a country!

(1) (Reply)

10 Techniques Used By Manipulators (and How To Fight Them) / Buhari Is Slowly Dragging Nigeria 2 Hell (read And See) / Notorious Kingpin Killed As Troops Clears Two Kidnappers Camps In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.