Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,430 members, 7,839,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? (28102 Views)

What Is The One Thing You Regret Not Asking Your Spouse Before Marriage? / HIV+ Woman Hides Her Status From Her Husband Before Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by bukatyne(f): 10:48pm On May 29, 2017
blank:

No more drive. Everything's gone. But I have made my choice to be grateful for what I have and to ensure I replicate it in my kid's lives. They are boys so no stopping them. cheesy

Hi Blank,

Will respond to you.
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by ginger123: 6:34am On May 30, 2017
In my opinion, we can have it all. Marriage in the early twenties has a plethora of advantages, for sure: Fewer expectations of your partner cause you are just starting out, peak fertility, high libido to please and be pleased etc. But career is one of the few things a woman has control over so she should get on with it. In relationships unfortunately woman have limited control. As long as you desire having a man, the psychology of men cant be overlooked; they want women younger. A young woman has different men knocking at the same time, we need to determine what is our base requirement of a partner, once we see it we take the plunge and not wait for perfection cause it doesn't exist.
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 10:57am On May 31, 2017
ginger123:
In my opinion, we can have it all. Marriage in the early twenties has a plethora of advantages, for sure: Fewer expectations of your partner cause you are just starting out, peak fertility, high libido to please and be pleased etc. But career is one of the few things a woman has control over so she should get on with it. In relationships unfortunately woman have limited control. As long as you desire having a man, the psychology of men cant be overlooked; they want women younger. A young woman has different men knocking at the same time, we need to determine what is our base requirement of a partner, once we see it we take the plunge and not wait for perfection cause it doesn't exist.

Well said.
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by doyinbaby(f): 11:12am On May 31, 2017
By God I will try to let my female children complete their academic pursuit by 24.....after that na to find husband o........you can never compare a woman to a man.....how many women can find husband at 45.......but a man can.......there is a age you get to as a woman.....Na divine intervention to find husband
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 31, 2017
doyinbaby:
By God I will try to let my female children complete their academic pursuit by 24.....after that na to find husband o........you can never compare a woman to a man.....how many women can find husband at 45.......but a man can.......there is a age you get to as a woman.....Na divine intervention to find husband

A lot of women will shoot you down for such comments. Who said they cannot find a young vibrant man at 45? What do you mean?

There is absolutely no difference between a man and a woman, be it biologically or psychologically. Please, don't cause confusion here oooo!
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by doyinbaby(f): 2:56pm On May 31, 2017
Processor01:

A lot of women will shoot you down for such comments. Who said they cannot find a young vibrant man at 45? What do you mean?

There is absolutely no difference between a man and a woman, be it biologically or psychologically. Please, don't cause confusion here oooo!
I don talk
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by bukatyne(f): 9:09pm On May 31, 2017
doyinbaby:

The OP encourages 'early' marriage in men & women.

She @ 25 married a 28yr old man.

So 45yr old men might not have their pick except they are rich & who wants the father of her 5yr old to be 50,
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2017
bukatyne:

The OP encourages 'early' marriage in men & women.

She @ 25 married a 28yr old man.

So 45yr old men might not have their pick except they are rich & who wants the father of her 5yr old to be 50,

I believe she alluded to biological nature of men and women which seems to wane as they aged.

Anyway, she has been rightfully corrected.
Re: For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? by bukatyne(f): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2018
blank:

No more drive. Everything's gone. But I have made my choice to be grateful for what I have and to ensure I replicate it in my kid's lives. They are boys so no stopping them. cheesy

Hello blank

How are you doing now?

Sorry I promised to respond however did not.

I understand how you feel (as currently working a job I have grown to hate as I feel I am made for more/something else).

That said, I have grown to understand that working a job no matter how 'fulfilling' is helping someone else to grow his/her dreams and after a while, there is the yearning to do more/ do your own thing (I have seen well placed colleagues 'doing well and growing' at an accelerated pace resign to do their own thing or stay at home to re-strategize their life.

A career alone cannot give that satisfaction human craves for. In fact, it is after every other thing is settled that you think of a fulfilling career or not.

I would say search deep on what your calling is and start to develop it. It never grows old nor loses its drive.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can He Take Custody Of His Son / Josiah Mutihir: Nigeria To Experience Unplanned COVID-19 Babies By November / He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.