Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,958 members, 7,852,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:21 PM

Are Punch Newspaper Journalists Half-Baked Graduates? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Punch Newspaper Journalists Half-Baked Graduates? (451 Views)

11 Signs To Understand A Graduate Is A Half-baked - By Lamma / 10 English Sentences That Can Make You Appear As A 'Quarter-Baked' Graduate / Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Punch Newspaper Journalists Half-Baked Graduates? by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
Punch Newspaper presented a news of how a 54-year-old former councillor of Sapele Local Government Council in Delta State, Mr. John Noise, was arrested for allegedly defiling a seven-year-old girl, but what struck me was how a reputable organization like Punch Newspaper could go ahead and print a story without proof reading and as such mislead her readers. How on earth is a seven-year-old a teenager? Did the journalist or the news editor not know that the age bracket of a teenager is between 13 and 19?

Here's the news as found on their website:

A 54-year-old former councillor of Sapele Local Government Council in Delta State, Mr. John Onose, has been arrested by the police for allegedly defiling a seven-year-old girl.

The incident, it was gathered, happened on Tuesday afternoon after the ex-council lawmaker allegedly lured the kid to a nearby bush around Fovie Street before forcefully sleeping with the victim.

Mother of the teenage girl, sources told Southern City News, got wind of what was happening when she discovered that her daughter was bleeding through her vagina and anus on Wednesday.

The suspect, who is said to be married with six children, was confronted by the victim’s mother after her daughter gave details of the incident.

The KG two pupil’s mother, who identified herself as Mrs. Onome Ojakovo, told journalists at the Sapele Central Hospital, where the girl is currently receiving treatment that her daughter had earlier complained that she was having pain in her ‘bombom’ without taking her seriously.

Narrating her daughter’s ordeal, she said, “But when she came back from the school the next day and was still complaining of the pains, I decided to pull her pant, what I saw shocked me, my daughter was bleeding from her private part and her womb was pulling out.

“In my shock, I raise the alarm, which attracted our neighbours, it was then it dawned on me that my child has been sexually violated. I started crying and I couldn’t imagine who could be this wicked to have done this evil to my little child?

“I was then advised to put salt in a hot water with disinfectant. While I was forcing my daughter outside to sit on the hot water, the suspect came out of his compound and was walking to and fro.

“And when my daughter saw him, she pointed to him as the man that injured her.”

A senior officer in Sapele Police Station where the matter is being addressed, confirmed the development to Southern City News on the phone saying the suspect has been arrested.

The officer added that the result of the medical test was still being awaited.

It was gathered that the suspect was once an aide to the Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, Mr. Monday Igbuya.

When contacted, the spokesman of the Delta State Police Command, Celestina Kalu, confirmed the incident and added that the matter was already under investigation.

http://punchng.com/ex-councillor-54-defiles-seven-year-old-girl-delta/

Re: Are Punch Newspaper Journalists Half-Baked Graduates? by mare23ayo(m): 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
terrible mistakes were in today's punch! correct
Re: Are Punch Newspaper Journalists Half-Baked Graduates? by HawksDude(m): 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
It seems like an honest mistake to me. We all make mistakes, except youre perfect, OP.

(1) (Reply)

Undergraduate And Postgraduate Study In Germany / How To Multiply A Number By 25 Fast? Simplification Shortcuts With Examples / BUK 2015/2016 Part-time Degree Programme Admission Form Is Now On Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.